NHL 19: Wish List

TMurph9

Dec 29, 2014
New Brunswick
It will never happen because all they care about is money, but they need to stop having so many special edition cards. It ruins the market. The best player in the league in McDavid's base card is 6,000 coins.... and there are 8 98 McDavids in the game. It makes the game boring, but people will spend the money to try and get these high cards, so they won't stop.

Reactions: nilssont

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
It'd be really nice if in Franchise Mode, you could either be able to go in and make signings for other teams or at least make the computer smarter when it comes to signing players or extending contracts. Im in my third year and as on pre-season, Nyquist, Skinner, Simmonds and at least ten other really good top six players are in free agency because no one can afford them, not to mention Matthews is sitting there because Toronto just signed everyone and they cant afford to sign him either. And the season before I had to bail Detroit out because Larkin and Athanasiou couldn't resign because they went trade crazy. Its frustrating because you cant do anything about it and those players shouldnt be stuck in FA.

Dan88

Jul 7, 2018
Why ea cant listen fans!! They dont want pond hockey. They could just read forums or make a poll what things fans want change for next year game. And then just do it for one or two thing every year. Fans would give very good ideas because they are those who have played that game for so many hours.
But yeah 2k need to make comeback. I would buy that came right away. Or then some smaller company that really loves hockey. I think its never gonna happen :/

And then whistlist for Nhl 20 :D

-Roster share
- New be a pro mode
- Roster editing is so awfull with console. Editing program for pc would be nice. Samekind like Nhlview.
-International teams and tournaments back.
- And better stats for players!!!!!!! i cant believe there are not team names where players have played that year.

Eastside hockey manager + nhl 20 would be awesome mix. I would love it.

Dezmoto

May 3, 2013
Los Angeles
A story mode like they have in FIFA would be nice...

Also another option would be awesome. NHL 19 but also another game so you have a choice which one you buy.

Also better scouting options. For example a budget to hire scouts and the more you spend on good scouting the better the results...

I agree with all of the above and I'd also love to see Legendary teams.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Can't help stop thinking how awesome it would be if there were real time roster updates(player transactions such as trades, draft pick exchanges, call up's etc) without having to restart a franchise mode from the beginning. This would add some continuity to the mode for sure.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Can't help stop thinking how awesome it would be if there were real time roster updates(player transactions such as trades, draft pick exchanges, call up's etc) without having to restart a franchise mode from the beginning. This would add some continuity to the mode for sure.
This is a fantastic idea, but it doesn't mesh well with the BEAGM structure. It's an idea I can get behind, but it needs to be fleshed out. The development team, as it is, doesn't have the mental capacity to add this kind of feature. This would require another GM mode maybe labeled "Live" and it would have time constraints. If you didn't sim/play up to this point then your file is converted to "Classic" and or if you went beyond the current NHL season you'd be "Classic". I know that sounds easy, but it's not and the current dev team couldn't implement this. They can barely get the game ready for production before the test cycle as it is...

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
If 2k is going to make NHL games again, they need to address their server issues. NBA for example has horrible online servers.
I'm perfectly okay with those kinds of issues as it's more or less a network engineering issue and less a game development problem. Perhaps 10-20 years ago inefficient game code caused game delay online, but that's largely if not entirely extinct. Any online issues today are almost always related to the host(game servers) and can be easily fixed with the appropriate hardware/setup. Or they'll just leave it up to the users to host, which tons of companies do. Battle.net by Blizzard was the first and best game server I've ever used. I'm not a big online gamer(ever since Activision bought Blizzard) but, I doubt online gaming is anything like it used to be in the heydays of Starcraft. Xbox Live was epic for the first couple years, but quickly became infested after Halo 2. Hmm I got on a bit of tangent there, LOL online gaming can do that to me ;)

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
They need to fix the awful goalies.

I'm tired of the glitch goals from below the goaline and the juicy rebounds in the slot after a weak shot.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
As for me, I just want three things.

1. USHL: I know it's in the shadow of the CHL, but quality players have gone through this system as well.
2. Better facial customization. Or, better yet, the ability to create some weirdos.
3. Arena Builder. This may be the least feasible, but I'd like to design seating layouts, ribbon lights, scorebox, what organ music plays, all that sort of stuff..

And, for purely cosmetic reasons, the ability to make your own logo. Tiburon makes FUGLY ASS logos.

Bumping this, considering that the USHL had the second most players drafted in the Entry Draft a few weeks prior. Why can't they be brought in as an additional junior circuit?

However, for aesthetics, I'm still adamant about creating your own logo from scratch. The generic Tiburon logos have been the same for going on FIVE years, and I don't wanna have to pick no fugly ass pirate logo!

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
can a prospect that has never play an NHL not ask for 8 million after his overall just skyrockets to 85 after playing one of his 3 years on the contract (and scoring 20 points) in the AHL?

Reactions: Nickmo82

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
If 2k is going to make NHL games again, they need to address their server issues. NBA for example has horrible online servers.
2K has been terrible with micro transactions though. I didn't even pick up the latest NBA 2k because of it. Plus all my older NBA games are almost useless since the servers for them are down. f***ing stupid to hide stuff like attributes/ most of the options for CAP, clothing, etc, behind an online only system. My game shouldn't be less functional a year after I bought it because 2k decided to shut down the servers on the game. At least come out with an update before shutting down the servers so that the career mode is functional once they do.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I'm perfectly okay with those kinds of issues as it's more or less a network engineering issue and less a game development problem. Perhaps 10-20 years ago inefficient game code caused game delay online, but that's largely if not entirely extinct. Any online issues today are almost always related to the host(game servers) and can be easily fixed with the appropriate hardware/setup. Or they'll just leave it up to the users to host, which tons of companies do. Battle.net by Blizzard was the first and best game server I've ever used. I'm not a big online gamer(ever since Activision bought Blizzard) but, I doubt online gaming is anything like it used to be in the heydays of Starcraft. Xbox Live was epic for the first couple years, but quickly became infested after Halo 2. Hmm I got on a bit of tangent there, LOL online gaming can do that to me ;)
No it's a game development issue. They shut down the servers after a year or two and basically leave you with a game that' only about 60% of what it was when you bought the game. The latest one is even worst. It has nothing to do with lag, it's locking a LOT of content behind an online only connection which as I've said, doesn't change when 2K decides to shut down the servers for the game. Basically your buying a game that's going to have a lot of it's functionality removed whenever 2k decides to shut down their server. For 2k14 that was only about a year after release.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Actual face scans... half of the players look the same, or have a generic head.

Yep. The amount of players that don't look like their players is maddening. I get AHLers and bottom roster types, but come on..... The amount of good NHLers in this game that have the same face as other good NHLers is a joke. Unless you're the Vancouver Canucks....Then everyone has a game face!!

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
just give me back the ability to customize my view. i want to zoom out with overhead like i was able to in the xbox360 version

Reactions: Boxscore

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
one day it would be cool for the pro scout in GM mode to actually be useful and player overalls show up differently to teams based off how good their pro scout is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad