NHL 19: Wish List

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
How about getting rid of the magnet defense by the AI? With some of the elite skaters, you should be able to breakaway and create space from the defense....or having the defenseman create space to escape a one man forecheck.

Reactions: DictatorTots427

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Best time I ever had was when I played the "All Montreal Canadiens" team several years back when the game honoured the franchise on their 100th anniversary. Lafleur, Beliveau, Richard, Harvey, Plante, Dryden, etc. That was also the only time I won the Stanley Cup playing that game, lol.

My wish would be that they allowed full seasons for specific eras: Have a 1954-55 season, so Richard, Beliveau, Howe, Lindsay, etc. could play against each other. Have a 1971-72 season so you can have the six new expansion teams (well, eight expansion teams since Vancouver and Buffalo came in '71), Orr, Esposito, Hull, etc. Then have a 1979-80 season so you can have the Islander dynasty, Gretzky, Lafleur, Lukowich (lol), etc. Then the 1989 season for Lemieux, Brett Hull, L.A. Gretzky, Roy... you see where I'm going with this.

Back in the November poll there was a voting option about legend teams being included so it is hopefully at least on their radar. You could have season specific or classic rosters if they only allowed roster sharing! It is a commonly requested feature every year yet they always ignore it. NBA2k, MLB the show and Madden all have it so there is no reason for NHL not to have it.

I myself have created a ton of full season rosters from the 2000s, 90s and 80s with NHL 17 and 18. I have created about 19 seasons worth of rosters. It is time consuming, but I enjoy it. I am always editing it too. Just the other day I finally got my Wayne Gretzky to look exactly like Gretzky lol I wish I could share them with other people because I do put a lot of work into them. The only way I think Icould possibly share them with someone is if I saved the data on a another USB port and mailed it to you. I’m just hoping they bring back classic goalie masks and allow us to create helmetless players. It is the only thing stopping me from creating rosters from the 70s and 60s.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Just bring it back to pc.
I still play Nhl 09 but i want the new one for pc and not my Xbox.
And work on the textures and Details.
And pre-sets for lines. i don't wanna do that manualy, to cnage the players from reserve to line. i wanna make pre-sets for lines.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Best time I ever had was when I played the "All Montreal Canadiens" team several years back when the game honoured the franchise on their 100th anniversary. Lafleur, Beliveau, Richard, Harvey, Plante, Dryden, etc. That was also the only time I won the Stanley Cup playing that game, lol.

My wish would be that they allowed full seasons for specific eras: Have a 1954-55 season, so Richard, Beliveau, Howe, Lindsay, etc. could play against each other. Have a 1971-72 season so you can have the six new expansion teams (well, eight expansion teams since Vancouver and Buffalo came in '71), Orr, Esposito, Hull, etc. Then have a 1979-80 season so you can have the Islander dynasty, Gretzky, Lafleur, Lukowich (lol), etc. Then the 1989 season for Lemieux, Brett Hull, L.A. Gretzky, Roy... you see where I'm going with this.
This is a lot of rights fees that have to be paid for a feature that will be used by less then 1% of players. Will never happen

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I know that Madden had the football hall of famers that you could draft on your team. That was the last one I played, probably close to ten years ago.
right. that's a completely different thing which is prevalent in pretty much every game now in MUT, HUT, etc... EA pays those players individually to use their likeness in the game. They make that money back 100fold with people buying HUT packs chasing those players.

You want the ability to replay the 1971 season. EA would have to pay each player on each team to use their likeness From Jean Beliveau all the way to Phil Roberto. That's a complete waste of money because there will maybe be 1% of users who actually play a single game in that game mode.

Reactions: grentthealien

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
right. that's a completely different thing which is prevalent in pretty much every game now in MUT, HUT, etc... EA pays those players individually to use their likeness in the game. They make that money back 100fold with people buying HUT packs chasing those players.

You want the ability to replay the 1971 season. EA would have to pay each player on each team to use their likeness From Jean Beliveau all the way to Phil Roberto. That's a complete waste of money because there will maybe be 1% of users who actually play a single game in that game mode.
I actually came to the same conclusion years ago. Still, this is a "wish list" and that's my ultimate wish for the game.

Other than that, there are compromises. I played as the "All Montreal Team" several years back. Perhaps there could be an "All Bruin Team" with Orr, Espo, Neely, Bourque, Cheevers, Schmidt, etc. After all, they've already done it with Montreal. That opens the door to virtually any franchise. Perhaps it wouldn't be too hard to take one classic team (like the '85 Oilers or the '92 Pens) and plunk them into the game.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland

Yep, that’s why I made all those custom rosters for myself. It is so impractical from a business standpoint that I could never see such a thing coming to fruition. The only way to replay classic seasons is through community sharing. There are people like me who do make accurate rosters from seasons past for their own enjoyment, but because the EA NHL developers haven’t implemented roster sharing yet we can’t release them to be downloaded. There are creators on Operation sports who recreate classic seasons for NBA2k, MLB the show and Madden. I’ve downloaded quite a few of them. I enjoy the nostalgia trips and it gives the games a ton of replay ability.

So if you want classic rosters you either have to create them yourself from scratch or wait until the NHL series allows roster sharing so we can share them as a community. However the NHL series could go the NBA2k route and add all time teams for each team and special teams like the 94 rangers or the 76-77 canadiens. It would still cost them some dough in order to use the player’s likeness , but it is much more practical than them making accurate rosters for a specific season.

Reactions: Beezeral

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yep, that’s why I made all those custom rosters for myself. It is so impractical from a business standpoint that I could never see such a thing coming to fruition. The only way to replay classic seasons is through community sharing. There are people like me who do make accurate rosters from seasons past for their own enjoyment, but because the EA NHL developers haven’t implemented roster sharing yet we can’t release them to be downloaded. There are creators on Operation sports who recreate classic seasons for NBA2k, MLB the show and Madden. I’ve downloaded quite a few of them. I enjoy the nostalgia trips and it gives the games a ton of replay ability.

So if you want classic rosters you either have to create them yourself from scratch or wait until the NHL series allows roster sharing so we can share them as a community. However the NHL series could go the NBA2k route and add all time teams for each team and special teams like the 94 rangers or the 76-77 canadiens. It would still cost them some dough in order to use the player’s likeness , but it is much more practical than them making accurate rosters for a specific season.
When I played, for fun, I'd create a brand new franchise and stock it completely with friends and family. It really amused my kid, to be on a line with me and Dale Hawerchuk (I'd create the odd Hall of Famer as well, like Ducky and Bobby Hull). It's even more exciting to have your kid score an overtime winner against Lunqvist than a real player. I had a friend who created a team stocked with all of his rock band heros.

That's what I also like to see expanded... the ability to customize, uniform choices when you create teams, etc.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

the reality is that we don't have roster sharing because the devs put as little effort into the game as possible

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
When I played, for fun, I'd create a brand new franchise and stock it completely with friends and family. It really amused my kid, to be on a line with me and Dale Hawerchuk (I'd create the odd Hall of Famer as well, like Ducky and Bobby Hull). It's even more exciting to have your kid score an overtime winner against Lunqvist than a real player. I had a friend who created a team stocked with all of his rock band heros.

That's what I also like to see expanded... the ability to customize, uniform choices when you create teams, etc.
I’d like to see customization expanded on as well. Honestly if the developers just tried to replicate what the NBA2k series does I’d be very pleased with the game. That game has customization down to a tee. From Roster, create a team and logo sharing to Custom Draft classes to accurate coaches that you can create and fire to their my league mode they have it all nailed down. Especially the my league mode. I’d love for EA to allow us to control all 31 teams in franchise mode and control the entire league for seasons on end.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
the reality is that we don't have roster sharing because the devs put as little effort into the game as possible
Very true. I have my fingers crossed for roster sharing this year as it was mentioned in the polls back in November, but I’m not getting my hopes up by any means. Honestly there is a ton of things they could do to help with customization. Adding create an arena and relocation a in 17 was a step in the right direction, but there is still so much more they can do. Ea tends to love to deprive the offline players.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Frostbite has been around for 3 cycles now and still isn't used for the NHL series. That's all you need to know.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Have all time teams for each franchise in free play which may actually be there but knowing how they handled the legends I wouldnt be shocked if its just HUT lol

Historical teams like how 2K does it have the 2010,13 Hawks, 16 Pens, 13 Pens, 12 Kings, 08 Wings, 07 Ducks, 12 Devils, 03 Ducks, 04 Lightning, 11 Bruins, obviously try to give every team at least one or two historical team though and not just the cup finalists every year

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Ai that isn't dumb as ****

THIS! Playing 3s with two forwards is the worst. Defense jumping up in the play non stop, a bunch of Letangs. Then you wonder why 6s in OTP is unbearable with defensemen that play offense.

Aren’t we entering the third year?

Madden two years ago, FIFA last year?

Also have to remember NHL is a year behind them all because they didn't put out a game on X1 the first year.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I want it on Switch, sooo bad.

Don't even care if its just NHL 14 with updated rosters. Do it EA, do it!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
career stats

players need to get their feet under them and back to a neutral position a little quicker

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
THIS! Playing 3s with two forwards is the worst. Defense jumping up in the play non stop, a bunch of Letangs. Then you wonder why 6s in OTP is unbearable with defensemen that play offense.
It pretty much says it all when I play defense on EASHL and guys in the lobby after the game are all heaping praise on me just for the fact that I stayed vaguely in position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad