NHL 19: Wish List

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
NCAA Teams
U-21 National Teams
Spengler Cup Team Canada
KHL (unlikely but still on my wish list)
CJHL (The 14 teams in RBC Cup Playoffs the previous year)
CWHL
GET-Ligaen
Slovak Extraliga

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Players being close to their real life counterparts. Unique animations, specific celebrations, different skating styles..... Basically you can recognize who it is even without even looking at the name or number.

Attributes having a great impact on what a player can do. Weak skaters are slow, bad shooters shoot wide or to the logo a lot. This also means that there is a clear separation between players and that you can do much more with a star player.

The ice wearing down during the game, especially in arenas where it is most common. This also affects all the physics in the game like the puck bouncing around or players falling down and so on.

The possibility to create you're own tactics for each specific line and situation. Those tactics clearly show how a team plays on the ice and also affect how the team performs even when you sim a game. A deep system.

Simming a game changed from a random luck generator to actually reflect how good the teams really are.

Making trades made 5 times more difficult and the AI GM mechanics completely altered to a hardcore mode.

GM online.

I could write a few pages really but it just goes to show what a weak game NHL 18 is and how little effort EA puts in it. I also do not expect any of these examples addressed in NHL 19, instead it will be a new paint job aimed to fool as many as possible.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Same thing I say every year.

I only play Franchise/Gm mode.

- better scouting information capabilities.
- better information during the draft
- Combine information.
- better progression of players based on situational improvements ei: chemistry with line mates, point production etc.

I do really like what they have done with relocation and customization. That has been very well done.

If they could take Madden's drafting, progression and combine platform and flip it to NHL that would be awesome.

and on the flip side if Madden could take NHL's relocation and customization and implement it to their franchise it would be a perfect world.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I've been working on a huge list, every time I think of something I put it down in the iPhone notes app, just waiting for EA to update the rosters so I can play Franchise.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
- No more contracts in HUT
- Custom Arena Music
- Bring back Captains and Assistants in HUT
- More vintage jerseys in HUT
- Go back to 3 on 3 in overtime and shootouts online
- Online be a GM mode
- New announcers

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Here here, regarding the new announcers. More in depth announcing too, would be nice. I get that they have their limits with how real they can be, but NBA 2KXX is pretty damn good iirc.

Much more in depth be a pro mode, so that it actually has a point. Again, 2KXX is a good example of it done better. Press conferences, stuff outside the game etc.

I like the idea of ice degrading. Like dynamic weather in racing games, but dynamic ice conditions would be great.

EA actually hiring people who watch hockey to come up with true to life player attributes would be fantastic (homer eg: Chris Kreider should be faster than Mats Zuccarello, I'm pretty sure). Also could be good to add more parameters to a players rating instead of the old tired ones. Board play, edgework, release speed... I dunno.

No microtransactions (Ha!)

The all-star game etc being in it.

More in depth franchise mode with regards player contracts - NMCs, limited NTCs, players having negative trade value (Hello Marc Staal!), hold outs etc.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
HUT:
bring back C and As
Give us Collections back for Silver and Bronze
Have competetive Seasons with ONLY silver or ONLY Bronze Players

GM/Franchise:
Gathering trade interest like in about every other game. If you put a Player on the block like MacKinnon, I expect more offers than 2 in 3 weeks. Lets ask all Teams what they'd offer like in NBA2k.

Reactions: Crosscrease14

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Hfboards database couldnt take that long of a list ist to be honest, the game is so very flawed so why even bother. But IF id be asked, i would change the whole game engine and build it under frostbite. Current game runs with a shitty/outdated engine+ random animations on top.

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Roster Sharing is a priority.

Player Attributes need updating.
- Offensive Play awareness, Defensive Play awareness, Puck protection, Pass Strength, Pass Accuracy, Saucer Pass Accuracy, north/south speed, lateral speed, back skate speed, acceleration, poke check, stick lift, pass block, shot block, back check aggression, fore check aggression, pass/shot bias, body check ability, body check bias, Puck deflection, skating balance, shot strength, slap shot Accuracy, slap shot bias, wrist shot accuracy, shot blocking, pass blocking, puck control, face offs, fighting, poise.

Pass, shot and overall puck physics need improvement.

Skating needs improvement

More gameplay sliders

All I have for now.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Actual gameplay aside, I wish they'd pay attention to the parts of the game they've neglected for years. All I ever play is EASHL anymore because all the other game modes (that aren't named HUT) are the same recycled crap. Be a pro hasn't changed in years. And it's just the same thing over and over and over. If you've played one Be a Pro game, you've played them all. Franchise mode is the same way. Both modes need a complete overhaul.

But I'm sure neither will get touched, as they aren't the money makers.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
-More than like 8 songs so they aren't burned into my head by the end of the year
-Roster sharing (pretty please)
-Online seasons/challenges with bronze/silver players so they aren't useless
-More in depth commentary it's getting really old
-Update Be a Pro with some kind of actual narrative. It's the most bland and boring mode by far and it could actually be fun if they put any kind of effort in. If not just take it out.
-Better/more precise attribute allocation (if no roster sharing) some of them are really bad and I question if these people even watch hockey at all.
-Adding coaches and/or systems into GM mode would be cool but probably difficult to implement
-Ability to Be a GM in leagues outside the NHL (CHL, SHL, etc) would love this feature!
-Change the same generic cup celebration they've had forever in GM. If you win the cup it should be a big moment but instead you get the same garbage 2 min animation every time.
-Bring back legends teams
-Be a Fan mode (jk)

Reactions: BJNT

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
EASHL -

Bring back attribute allocation.

The NHL is filled with different players. Why can't we all have the same resource pool and allocate our points how we want?

If you're not going to do that, then at least have all cross-classes available.

For example, add:
Two-Way Sniper
Dangling Sniper

I agree with this. In particular, I loved the whole progression angle. I mean, I get why they changed it as it makes the game much more accessible to play for first-time players or players just starting out, but it was an awesome feature to be able to re-allocate your stats.

Even if you aren't going to reward players with progression though, they could at least give you more freedom to allocate your attributes (with a cap put on of course).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree with this. In particular, I loved the whole progression angle. I mean, I get why they changed it as it makes the game much more accessible to play for first-time players or players just starting out, but it was an awesome feature to be able to re-allocate your stats.

Even if you aren't going to reward players with progression though, they could at least give you more freedom to allocate your attributes (with a cap put on of course).

Other games are able to level match, so I really don't see why if I'm a lower level and I'm matched against a higher level person that the game can't spot me points in that game, randomly assigned or what have you, to close that gap to make it less of a handicap.

Right now I can't pick my size, I can't put my points where I want them to be, so it really loses uniqueness.

Also, EA really needs to do a better job of monitoring online clubs for racism. Like I can't play a couple games without being confronted by racism. Last night I played a guy named "Blackman On welfare"

Seriously, EA?

BJNT

Jan 12, 2015

- Combine information.
- better progression of players based on situational improvements ei: chemistry with line mates, point production etc.

I do really like what they have done with relocation and customization. That has been very well done.

If they could take Madden's drafting, progression and combine platform and flip it to NHL that would be awesome.

and on the flip side if Madden could take NHL's relocation and customization and implement it to their franchise it would be a perfect world.

Same here. I would also add taking a page from NBA 2K and adding custom draft classes. I believe the last NHL 2K also had custom draft classes as well.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan

- Combine information.

I agree with everything you said. The scouting in Madden is great I like the updates you get during the season like DeAndre Willis scored 4 touchdowns last week so it would be cool if that happened in franchise mode getting updates on top players like Nolan Foote lead Kelowna to the memorial cup title.

Also it would be nice if you could control more than one team in franchise mode say if I want to be Detroit and rebuild them but I also want to have a team going for the cup like Edmonton (like you can control more than 1 team in both Madden and MLB)

It would be nice since the ECHL is on the game to actually be able to use them in franchise mode so you can send your low rated draft picks there the guys that are rated like 58 so they aren't stuck on your bench on your AHL team.

The ability to properly edit guys to be able to change their names, appearances in franchise mode so you don't have a Jose Toews or Jose Lindros getting drafted 1st overall in 2022 or have a Carl Amonte from Slovakia like wtf .

And of course roster sharing

Reactions: tacogeoff

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
A story mode like they have in FIFA would be nice...

Also another option would be awesome. NHL 19 but also another game so you have a choice which one you buy.

Also better scouting options. For example a budget to hire scouts and the more you spend on good scouting the better the results...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad