Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 17 HUT Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

donitrk99

Oct 3, 2016
Seems like having a 4.5 or 5 star team allows you to dominate from divisions 10 thru 6 (from what ive done. 10-5 seems to be the board's opinion). And then ice tilt takes over and youre better off with at least an <88 team if not lower

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
I bought some more pucks in game this time, stuck on processing order for like 5 minutes after I clicked that so I closed the game, then when I re opened it I get infinite loading on HUT. Tried un installing, and re install on both my xbox ones and same problem now, not just these points I bought, but all the other points I bought so far also. Other pars of the game will still work. Did all the basic re starting router and clearing cache and stuff from tech support but no help. Only step I didn't do was delete my cloud save, but then I would lose everything for sure.

After I went with ea tech support and no luck of course I found this on the message board and thought I would re post it here in case someone else has this problem because I was super bummed.

I've posted this workaround earlier:

Did you try this already:

1 - Try to access HUT
2 - While on the loading screen hit guide button [center button on your controller]
3 - Go to profile
4 - Select "Add & manage"
5 - Add guest
6 - Go to profile again
7 - Sign out of the guest account

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Seems like having a 4.5 or 5 star team allows you to dominate from divisions 10 thru 6 (from what ive done. 10-5 seems to be the board's opinion). And then ice tilt takes over and youre better off with at least an <88 team if not lower

... or you aren't as good as your Opponent. Other than that, after Div 6 many know how to Play the game the way EA wants you to Play. Slap Shots.

Arz1

Dec 27, 2011
Holy ****. Totw Price and casual Malkin from the same face off pack. Im done with packs :D Never had even one 90 ovr before and I've played HUT since '14 though I usually spend like 50$ tops per year on packs.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Stars seem to mean more in the lower divisions than earlier for sure. When I lucked into my Lindros and achieved my Clark my games got alot easier..

Neal* - Lindros - Simmonds
Clark - Johansen - Benn
Perron* - Koivu - Granlund
Forsberg - McKinnon - Kesler

Gostisbehere - Jones
Josi - Myers
Edler* - Williams (ran out of righty shooting defensemen so giving it a shot!)

Joseph
Ward*

* = Rotation spot.

Gostisbehere is wicked. If third assists were given he would lead my team. Starts more than 80% of my attacks.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Are you guys able to buy faceoff packs right now? After my game froze yesterday and I finally was able to an after I did the sign out trick all I seen was the normal packs, not the faceoffs pack anymore.

defjux41

Oct 21, 2013
Stars seem to mean more in the lower divisions than earlier for sure. When I lucked into my Lindros and achieved my Clark my games got alot easier..

Neal* - Lindros - Simmonds
Clark - Johansen - Benn
Perron* - Koivu - Granlund
Forsberg - McKinnon - Kesler

Gostisbehere - Jones
Josi - Myers
Edler* - Williams (ran out of righty shooting defensemen so giving it a shot!)

Joseph
Ward*

* = Rotation spot.

Gostisbehere is wicked. If third assists were given he would lead my team. Starts more than 80% of my attacks.

I got Ghost on Day 1, and it took alot to get him out of my lineup. He vastly outperforms his overall.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Guess they will put the packs back up for the weekend. I got Lindros already but was thinking of completing for another milestone card. On the other hand Lindros was the only one I really wanted so I could save my pucks for the next special set and see if there was another player I wanted more. Then I could just sell my last 3 faceoff collectibles I got. I still need to add some players though. I want to change my lineup and add team wheel and heavy hitters synergy. Maybe I'll post my lineup later and see who you guys think I should add when I get off work.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Last three games I've been out scored 18-2.. I guess I should've kept my scrub team after all.. I only get to play D1 players and my players can't get out of the zone because they're too slow. Takes a week to pivot so by the time I get the puck and I turn around I get it poked off the stick.. Nothing I can do.. I want to break my tv and my xbox and I've attempted to break my hand against the wall.. It worked, or at least I got a crack in the hand... So I don't know what to do anymore.. I shouldn't lose like that every game.. And it's not like I'm just bad.. I played way better with Melker Karlsson as my best player.. My AI refuse to go fore loose pucks or hit the opponent.. I have to do it all and it seems like the opponent just lets the AI do everything for them and they do it really good.. It's like playing the superstar cpu only worse.. I don't get it!?

What the hell am I doing wrong?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why do you have a team of scrubs? There plenty of mid-80's guys you can get for cheap. A lot of them are even available for less than 1000 pucks

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Why do you have a team of scrubs? There plenty of mid-80's guys you can get for cheap. A lot of them are even available for less than 1000 pucks

I have Senators now... I used to have e team of scrubs just for fun and to help me not care so much if I lost. Before then I had a super team worth 1,2M... I found that the scrub team was the best team I had.. With senators I can't score even if Karlsson is in a great position for the slapper. But that's not even the worst part, it's the fact that I can't get out of my zone that pisses me off... Every single pass gets intercepted no matter what I do when I'm pressured.

My AI can't do the simplest of tasks and I find that the opponent doesn't have that issue because the opponent AI is all over me pushing and shoving and I can't seem to get away from it even if I protect the puck like most a**h**** do in this game... And then there's speed.. or lack thereof I should say, because I can have Chara backskate faster than a rested Karlsson in free fall... now that is not cool.

But I guess I just suck..

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Last three games I've been out scored 18-2.. I guess I should've kept my scrub team after all.. I only get to play D1 players and my players can't get out of the zone because they're too slow. Takes a week to pivot so by the time I get the puck and I turn around I get it poked off the stick.. Nothing I can do.. I want to break my tv and my xbox and I've attempted to break my hand against the wall.. It worked, or at least I got a crack in the hand... So I don't know what to do anymore.. I shouldn't lose like that every game.. And it's not like I'm just bad.. I played way better with Melker Karlsson as my best player.. My AI refuse to go fore loose pucks or hit the opponent.. I have to do it all and it seems like the opponent just lets the AI do everything for them and they do it really good.. It's like playing the superstar cpu only worse.. I don't get it!?

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Sometimes the game just decide to **** you in the ass :) take a break or change your strategies, play the trap and ultra defensive and just bore them out. or on the pother hand ultra offensive with relentless forecheck

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Sometimes the game just decide to **** you in the ass :) take a break or change your strategies, play the trap and ultra defensive and just bore them out. or on the pother hand ultra offensive with relentless forecheck

I've tried changing strategies but it does nothing. My biggest issue is my AI not supporting me, instead they work hard to **** me in the ass, as you so eloquently put it. They find ways to skate in front of me even though they have no business there. If there's a loose puck three feet away they just look at it and have me frantically trying to switch player only to get the right player at the wrong time. Letting my defenders defend while I back check is unthinkable as they constantly miss the check and get burned unless they take a penalty. I feel like I'm one step behind in every situation including faceoffs, one thing that is really hurting me in the defensive zone as the slapper never misses. If by some miracle I do score a goal to tie it or even get a lead it's quickly undone by a wrister from the blue line that floats by my goalie...

The best I can explain what I'm experiencing is: there's lag but I'm the only one affected by it and when I get the puck I've already lost it. When I read a pass and get in perfect position the pass has already happened, when I try to avoid a big hit, my player is already bleeding on the ice.. But if I'm the only one experiencing the lag, how is that possible?

defjux41

Oct 21, 2013
Adjusting the strategies is the best way to get your AI players to do what you want, and even then you'll have issues from time to time.

One thing I noticed is I was changing players too often, and that meant the AI players weren't getting a chance to do what the strategies I set forth meant for them to do. Are you doing something similar? Just try to be cognizant of that.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
People who just endlessly spin around in the O-Zone are so ****ing infuriating.

When are we supposed to notice these seamless puck pickups? So many times I am skating right towards the puck and it just goes between my stick and skate

Why are your point men stunned for half a second after their shot gets blocked!?!?

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
1: Marchand - Milestone Lindros - Brett Hull
2: Steen - Thornton - Zuccarello
3: James Van Riemsdyk - Mackinnon - Simmonds
4: Tatar - Zibanejad - Toffoli

1: Hedman - MacInnis
2: Suter - Weber
3: Krug - Klingberg

WCOH Joseph

Martin Jones

Currently sitting on 275,000 coins and looking to add some nice pieces. Having a hard time deciding who to get. I need 2 heavy hitter points for that synergy. I wanted team wheel but don't see enough good players with that. Any ideas please?

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
1: Marchand - Milestone Lindros - Brett Hull
2: Steen - Thornton - Zuccarello
3: James Van Riemsdyk - Mackinnon - Simmonds
4: Tatar - Zibanejad - Toffoli

1: Hedman - MacInnis
2: Suter - Weber
3: Krug - Klingberg

WCOH Joseph

Martin Jones

Currently sitting on 275,000 coins and looking to add some nice pieces. Having a hard time deciding who to get. I need 2 heavy hitter points for that synergy. I wanted team wheel but don't see enough good players with that. Any ideas please?

If you want HH then Clark is probably the best player other than Lindros. If you want TW there's a new TOTW Pouliot who's an 86, and Lindholm is pretty good as well.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
If you want HH then Clark is probably the best player other than Lindros. If you want TW there's a new TOTW Pouliot who's an 86, and Lindholm is pretty good as well.

I was thinking Clark. Should I go for the new xbox 92 milestone or the old 90 legend card. I think I need like 6 TW points so I need more then just Pouliot.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
People who just endlessly spin around in the O-Zone are so ****ing infuriating.

When are we supposed to notice these seamless puck pickups? So many times I am skating right towards the puck and it just goes between my stick and skate

Why are your point men stunned for half a second after their shot gets blocked!?!?

It's so easy to stop the spinning. You just wait it out and counter.

Lost a game today 2 minutes in because I lost EA service or whatever. So rattled. I have Vasilevski rocking a solid .050 gaa or something stupid like that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad