Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 17 HUT Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boragina91

Mar 13, 2012
He's too short.. Putting big money on a goalie is pointless in this game so unless you need his synergy points I recommend you sell him.

Was going for CG, plus he has 2 to CG. Prolly gonna make him backup Luo agan, he's been a monster for me.

Problem now is finding other complimentary pieces for CG. Might just blow up the team and rebuild.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
I just don't do it right away. You don't need to disconnect your controller right off the bat.

I tried everything. I tried to disconnect the controller just before the game starts. I tried to play a minute and then disconnect the controller. I tried to lock a position before the game and THEN disconnect the controller. I tried to disconnect the controller, lock a position, go back to the game, disconnect the controller again to chose "CO".

Everything, at some point, gave me a "Waiting for user" message. It's very frustrating.

Can you give some quick instructions on how to do the "coach mode" for DC? I'm assuming you're essentially letting your superior team AI play against the computer.

You can use the mode only in DC. You start a draft solo, you start a game and then, you disconnect your controller. I have a PS4, so I hold my PS button, I go into "devices" and I disconnect to controller. By doing that, the game will show the "select side" screen that is not accessible in-game (which is very stupid). Then, you chose your team and you press on R3 until you see "CO" (right after "RW"), you press back and voilà, your team play alone. All you need to do, is to skep the intermission. If you see your team trailing after 2, repeat the operation to finish the 3rd.

No, after you win a game, you can go straight to another game. Only after a loss or you win the 4th game do you need to close the application before you draft your next team.

Hum... but that problem (Waiting for user) happens even after I win the first game. That being said... after each game I go take a look at my auctions, so this could explain that... maybe I could still do that but close the application every time I want to go back into DC... I'll try that.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Congrats buddy!

I started D4 0-2-2 but I then won my next 4 games so I'm looking at a possible promotion to D3 now.

Amonte feels like Bure out there but I only used him for 1 game so I'll wait a bit before I get too excited about him...

Thanks.. This game has been tough to learn but I'm getting better by the day. 2-2-0 so far in D4 but one of the wins came from playing a D7 guy. Good luck in D3... I'm going to roll with my scrub team and see how far they can take me.

Boragina91

Mar 13, 2012
The fact that I'm punished for not playing skillzone and setting my defense to the trap is soooooooo stupid. It is actually ruining the experience for me. Probably gonna use my second account to keep playing D10 where people actually try and play real hockey isntead of the same glitchy defense and offensive strategies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The fact that I'm punished for not playing skillzone and setting my defense to the trap is soooooooo stupid. It is actually ruining the experience for me. Probably gonna use my second account to keep playing D10 where people actually try and play real hockey isntead of the same glitchy defense and offensive strategies.

What do you seem to be getting punished by?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Everytime I end up giving up a breakway, the guy dekes out my goalie so bad that he ends up on his butt and the guy just roofs it.
Every.
Single.
Time.

It is getting obnoxious. I have changed goalies and everything.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Everytime I end up giving up a breakway, the guy dekes out my goalie so bad that he ends up on his butt and the guy just roofs it.
Every.
Single.
Time.

It is getting obnoxious. I have changed goalies and everything.

I manual goalie. Doesn't always work, but it's better.

Ya the best way to stop a breakaway is manual goalie. Some people can deke the cpu goalie 100% of the time.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
3-3-3 in D4 with my scrubs.. Every game feels like the siege of Jadotville (I recommend that movie) and my guys seem to find ways to score even though they shouldn't. 10th game is a must win to reach D3..

Wish me luck ...

Edit: aaand I'm demoted.. EA gave me a challenge for game 10. Some D1 guy ranked #125 with a 121-52-5 record and 14 titles... He had a five star team at that.. 3-1 loss...

Last edited:

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
3-3-3 in D4 with my scrubs.. Every game feels like the siege of Jadotville (I recommend that movie) and my guys seem to find ways to score even though they shouldn't. 10th game is a must win to reach D3..

Wish me luck ...

Edit: aaand I'm demoted.. EA gave me a challenge for game 10. Some D1 guy ranked #125 with a 121-52-5 record and 14 titles... He had a five star team at that.. 3-1 loss...

Tough break...matchups are really random sometimes. I won my last game in D4 and finished 5-3-2 so I'm up to D3 now. I'm expecting some tough games ahead...

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Tough break...matchups are really random sometimes. I won my last game in D4 and finished 5-3-2 so I'm up to D3 now. I'm expecting some tough games ahead...

Cool.. I decided to go with my Senators lineup... Haven't used Karlsson since getting him a week ago.. I figured it would be easier to play with this team since they're pretty good...

Nope... Lost first game 6-1... I never once got outplayed like that with the scrubs. Turns out that this guy was also in D1 and oh my god was he glitching all over the ice.. I couldn't get the puck, he wiggled with the puck carrier in a weird way and that sent my AI out of position for no reason.. He had 7 breakaways and he scored on 3 and did the same toe drag move every single time... I don't want to be in D1 if that is what the game is like.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
To change it up I made a team of hitters. Guys like Lindros, Buff, Chara, basically all players with size and hitting. I have HH and TW active and it's a lot of fun. If anyone wants a change in play style and feels like going out to hit and cycle I recommend this.

defjux41

Oct 21, 2013
Just got McDavid and OEL in the same face off pack!!! Easily my best pulls in packs ever. Pumped!

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Have won 14 straight with this lineup

Pacioretty-Getzlaf-Ryan
Landeskog-Monahan-Boedker
Palat-Barkov-Gallagher
Jenner-Brassard-Schenn

Lindholm-Hamilton
Krug-Stralman
Goligoski-Vatanen

Fleury-Gibson

Having Relentess Forecheck, Passing Playmaker, and Tape to Tape on

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Down 3-0 after 5 minutes. Manages to get back to 3-3 late in the third, a puck goes slowly down the ice to his goalie which comes out from the net to play it. I go for the defender he is planning on playing the puck to. And then my AI forward goes full Milan Lucic on the goalie, 2 min goalie interference and 4-3 right up the ass. Anyone seeing this before?

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
He's too short.. Putting big money on a goalie is pointless in this game so unless you need his synergy points I recommend you sell him.
Couldn't be more true. I've had Holtby for the last few weeks and he's been abysmal. Had more luck with Martin Jones and he costs about 75k less. Take the money and put it into a guy you can control yourself.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Couldn't be more true. I've had Holtby for the last few weeks and he's been abysmal. Had more luck with Martin Jones and he costs about 75k less. Take the money and put it into a guy you can control yourself.

After acquiring Malhotra in DC, I was going after Emery but I guess I should invest in Grossman now.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The faceoff packs were pretty good for me. Pulled Panarin, Weber, Couture, D. Sedin. Sold all the collectibles that came with the packs and got about 150k for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad