NHL 17 Franchise Mode

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
So Nolan Patrick went up to an 87 before his rookie year started in my franchise back in december.. biggest jump I've ever seen in the game

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Eddie: "well if you dont hit the net you cant score " (for the tenth time).

"You know doc my dad always told me you cant score if you dont hit the net."

"you cant miss that shot youve got to put it on net."

****ing guys a moron, tell me hes not this bad on actual broadcasts.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So I started a new one with Vancouver.

I ended up trading Chris Tanev to Toronto for their 1st rounder and Timashov. The Leafs at the time were just on the outside of the playoffs.

Well, lucky enough, Toronto did horrible the rest of the way, and finished 4th last. They ended up winning the lottery, so I was pumped.

Ended up taking Nolan Patrick 1st Overall, and Cal Foote with the 9th Pick [My Own].

Flash forward a year, and we missed the playoffs (though, finished higher than we should, due to the Sedins, Patrick, and Virtanen, and surprisingly, Timashov (at 77 ovr) tearing stuff up.

We ended up having the 7th Overall Pick, and the Bruins had Pick #1. They were looking to move it however, so I traded up using Ben Hutton, and another prospect, as well as the 7th pick. Took Rasmus Dahlin.

Demko has been struggling though, so a goalie I drafted in the 2017 draft, may be my go to starter. (Forget his name, will post my lineup later. But he was a 78 Overall out of the draft, and going into the 18-19 season, he is an 84 overall)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Here's my lineup;

D. Sedin [86] - N. Patrick [88] - J. Virtanen [85]
K. Fiala [83] - B. Horvat [85] - N. Petan [84]
N. Goldobin [83] - J. Cramarossa [83] - D. Timashov [80]
R. Boucher [81] - M. Fisher [81] - C. Cassels [81]

Injured: J. Williams [83]

D. Nurse [86] - N. Tryamkin [84]
O. Juolevi [84] - C. Foote [75]
R. Dahlin [76] - T. Stecher [84]
J. Subban [79]

V. Vehvilainen [84]
T. Demko [83]

Notable Prospects

R. Thomas [72] - Top 6 F
M. Heiskanen [65] - Top 6 D
D. Zyuzin [66] - Top 9 F​

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Here's a quick rant over something that had me yelling like a dumbass at the TV
At the draft, I forgot to edit my trade block so the game did it for me, I clicked sim to user pick and no ****ing joke EVERY time someone got drafted I got a trade offer offering me Sedin or Zetterberg over and over again for my 2017 first. Took quite a while just to sim to my pick because I got so many ****ing offers. After clicking decline so many times I accidentally accepted since accept is literally one click away from decline, well I got Zetterberg and a 5th for my 2017 first (20th overall) I wasn't that mad at first since I hoped I could offer up what they gave me for my pick back. Guess what? Nope. I did Zetterberg+2 2nds and they said no. Did Zetterberg+Koekkoek+2 2nds for my pick back, still no. I'm already close to the cap and now I have Zetterberg (overall 87) locked up for 5 more years at 6.09 million. If I reject a trade more than like 2 times in a draft a team shouldn't ****ing spam me with proposals. I couldn't find a way to edit my trade block at the draft. I'm typing this as I'm in late round 2 and now getting spammed with Sedin for my 2018 1st proposals. ****ing BS. I guess it's partly my fault for forgetting to edit my trade block but still, what the ****

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Here's a quick rant over something that had me yelling like a dumbass at the TV
At the draft, I forgot to edit my trade block so the game did it for me, I clicked sim to user pick and no ****ing joke EVERY time someone got drafted I got a trade offer offering me Sedin or Zetterberg over and over again for my 2017 first. Took quite a while just to sim to my pick because I got so many ****ing offers. After clicking decline so many times I accidentally accepted since accept is literally one click away from decline, well I got Zetterberg and a 5th for my 2017 first (20th overall) I wasn't that mad at first since I hoped I could offer up what they gave me for my pick back. Guess what? Nope. I did Zetterberg+2 2nds and they said no. Did Zetterberg+Koekkoek+2 2nds for my pick back, still no. I'm already close to the cap and now I have Zetterberg (overall 87) locked up for 5 more years at 6.09 million. If I reject a trade more than like 2 times in a draft a team shouldn't ****ing spam me with proposals. I couldn't find a way to edit my trade block at the draft. I'm typing this as I'm in late round 2 and now getting spammed with Sedin for my 2018 1st proposals. ****ing BS. I guess it's partly my fault for forgetting to edit my trade block but still, what the ****

This has happened to me numerous times, literally everything you just described. I now religiously save the game so that I can revert back whenever something annoying like this happens. As it tends to happen quite often because of the menu latency. This gets multiplied by the fact that I play a lot of Franchise mode remotely(Windows 10 stream of X1 using the Xbox App).

The thing that kills me is that they've added so many adjustable sliders to the game. You can literally customize the **** out of the AI and how it behaves. You can also disable some features of the Assistant Coach(goalie, line adjustments, etc.). However, you cannot totally disable him. He still comes in and creates stupid trade block scenarios... The game also desperately needs a true depth chart that can be configured for when players get hurt during simulations. I've seen it implemented in the Football Manager series and it was easily utilized.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
This has happened to me numerous times, literally everything you just described. I now religiously save the game so that I can revert back whenever something annoying like this happens. As it tends to happen quite often because of the menu latency. This gets multiplied by the fact that I play a lot of Franchise mode remotely(Windows 10 stream of X1 using the Xbox App).

The thing that kills me is that they've added so many adjustable sliders to the game. You can literally customize the **** out of the AI and how it behaves. You can also disable some features of the Assistant Coach(goalie, line adjustments, etc.). However, you cannot totally disable him. He still comes in and creates stupid trade block scenarios... The game also desperately needs a true depth chart that can be configured for when players get hurt during simulations. I've seen it implemented in the Football Manager series and it was easily utilized.

I always save before the draft, trade deadline things like that too just so stuff like this doesn't happen like one draft the Kings offered me Bishop and a 2nd pick for Domi so I declined then simmed a pick and LA offered me Bishop for Domi and my 2nd!!! Like really if I declined the first trade why would I accept a worse trade. It seemed like the LA gm was trolling me because the trade offers kept getting worse lol

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Does late game stuff just get wonky or...?

FA's aren't signing with my team right now, 2022, because of our team chemistry... which is high 80's. And we've been in the SCF the last 3 years.

Makes no sense at all.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I was just going through some stats and saw that Cory Schneider has a goal in my Franchise mode! I never would have thought that the computer would ever sim that event happening! My goalie has 29 assists in 68 games so far, not too bad for a goalie!

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Finally bought my first game since like, NHL13 on PS3...

£8.99 on Playstation store (So about $15 for you north American cousins).

Started Franchise, I'm only a few games in with the Sens and I've been winning 6-5, 5-4 and so on... Think I need to play the sliders a bit because this is crazy :laugh: enjoying it so far, but then I can't compare to 14/15/16 because I never had it!

Still annoys the hell out of me, graphically, that players aren't shaped like human beings - just fat round dumplings.

Also, SC Celebration - please do not tell me it's the same?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Is my game ****ed or something? I'm 5 seasons in, and I literally have not received a trade offer. EVER. TDL means dick all, the draft, nothing. Is there a setting I flipped by accident??

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
In the 23-24 season for me the league is littered with subpar finnish backups... It seems very few goalies are in the low 80s. Most backups are 74-78 and finnish... And teams don't care about their needs. Teams can be set with just 5 forwards above 80 and not a single defenseman over 82... While other teams are stacked in one position.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
Is my game ****ed or something? I'm 5 seasons in, and I literally have not received a trade offer. EVER. TDL means dick all, the draft, nothing. Is there a setting I flipped by accident??

If you change your trade block and your wants and needs it should help especially at the draft and the trade deadline. If you don't adjust it I never get any offers but if you change it and put different players and draft picks on and what you want I find I get atleast some offers they may not be good but it's better than nothing.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Has anyone tried playing an 18 year old rookie with a presumed AHL-career ahead of him, with a rating around 65 - on the first line in the NHL for 3-4 seasons, to see his growth?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00