OT: Nhl 16

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Edit: Didn't notice it at the beginning of the thread.

Is Larkin not in the game because of NCAA reasons? He's under a pro contract though.

Generally speaking, the NCAA guys don't get put in the game for a little while for copyright reasons. Once Eichel plays a few games for Buffalo, Larkin in Grand Rapids, and Matthews in Switzerland, they'll all be in the game.

Also, starting a file in Be-A-GM makes me realized how claustrophobic our depth is right now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm most interested in the online league play. Anybody comment on that? The EASHL is what they used to call it.

Seems good so far. Have primarily played with and against user goalies, so not sure if people have figured out how to glitch computer goalies or not. Seems a little hard to search for matches, but that may depend on what club you are on and a couple other factors.

I like the skating, and the gameplay feels pretty good overall. Biggest gripe with EASHL is they took away the ability to set your own attributes. Think that is a serious gaffe, and what used to be my favorite strategy of EASHL was my "build". Now you are just confined to "sniper", or "playmaker", or "2 way forward", and you can't even change your height and weight. So your playmaker, mine, and everyone else's online is exactly the same. It's really lame.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Seems good so far. Have primarily played with and against user goalies, so not sure if people have figured out how to glitch computer goalies or not. Seems a little hard to search for matches, but that may depend on what club you are on and a couple other factors.

I like the skating, and the gameplay feels pretty good overall. Biggest gripe with EASHL is they took away the ability to set your own attributes. Think that is a serious gaffe, and what used to be my favorite strategy of EASHL was my "build". Now you are just confined to "sniper", or "playmaker", or "2 way forward", and you can't even change your height and weight. So your playmaker, mine, and everyone else's online is exactly the same. It's really lame.

Yeah, what if I just want to be a goon and run over everybody as a dman?

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Have they fixed the Be a Pro mode on this edition... They screwed that up big time last year.

Better than it was. Here are my thoughts on some of the negatives through playing half the CHL season and simming the other half. Otherwise it definitely feels like a solid game control wise, can sim shifts, and feels like you are actually working as a team as opposed to just doing it solo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/3lqlv5/be_a_pro_constructive_criticism_of_the_system/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The CPU definitely gets a lot of shots on goals. I usually give up about 25 shots a game and that's still with 5 minute periods.

In NHL 15 they started shooting alot more so your goalies save% isnt the worst in the nhl.

Thanks for the input. Picked the game up today and it's pretty darn good so far. Playing mostly EASHL though. Some problems remain but the overall feel of the game is probably better than ever.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

for casual players like me who don't play eashl all the time and don't have time to grow all my attributes, i like the fact that everyone is on the same playing field now. instead of your attributes deciding the games, you actually have to rely on team play and positioning to win games

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I heard that you can play every single team in GM mode at one time like NCAA football

Can someone confirm?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'd be down to make an HFDRW club lol.

Right? I think it's something we should definitely look in to. Provided most of you are cool and have PS4s!

I was recruited by a team from drop in once but they were like twelve and turned out to be terrible. I figured I would give them a chamce maybe we just needed to gel. And then they constantly sent me invites while I was watching netflix or something and that's just going too far. It didn't last long lol.

Anyway I have a PS4. If we actually drum up enough people with ps4's we should look into making a team. We could probably scoop up some people from the Eanhl section here to fill things out if need be.
I'm down to join. Can you have more than 1 EASHL team?

You can add me at Hammettf2b

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
I picked it up too. Had 14 but first one I've had on the next gen. I like it a lot so far in the handful of games I played. I'm playing on hardcore right now and it's a challenge. The CPU no longer lets you just skate into the zone and find myself getting smoked when I do. Every shot doesn't end up on a goal which is nice. Wish the CPU would shoot more frequently.

I usually like sticking with the Wings same roster for at least one year, but I decided to trade Jimmy right away. I was able to get McDavid for Howard, Teemu, Jensen and a 1st and 2nd. I don't like to play like that so I'll probably start over, but was just curious if I could get it done.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I picked it up too. Had 14 but first one I've had on the next gen. I like it a lot so far in the handful of games I played. I'm playing on hardcore right now and it's a challenge. The CPU no longer lets you just skate into the zone and find myself getting smoked when I do. Every shot doesn't end up on a goal which is nice. Wish the CPU would shoot more frequently.

I usually like sticking with the Wings same roster for at least one year, but I decided to trade Jimmy right away. I was able to get McDavid for Howard, Teemu, Jensen and a 1st and 2nd. I don't like to play like that so I'll probably start over, but was just curious if I could get it done.

I dont like being GM of the wings cause I don't like to trade players like Helm cause I like them :laugh: But even if I keep Helm and have Larkin down in the minors, Larkin still would turn out to be 99 overall, its weird.

DaGoose

Jul 22, 2015
I haven't got the game yet because of travel, but will probably play a ton of in couple of weeks when I get home.

Anyone on here play OTP? Or EASHL (this will be new to me, but it sounds awesome). Xbox one here.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Haha, still hear a lot of songs and think of the title screen. Always think of "Memory" from Sugarcult with NHL 2005 I think.

Favorite song from an NHL game would be this, though:

Take it back, this is my favorite song from an NHL game:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad