OT: Nhl 16

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Horrible to see Pulkkinen's shooting only at 3.5 stars. Should be 5. Maybe there's some easy potential to catch it, or how does it work?

His skating is 4.5 stars, and shooting is 3.5 stars.

Should be the other way around, lol.

Never pay much attention to the star ratings, I'll tell you how his shot is rated (number-wise) next time I am on and look.

Also pretty sure that in one of the older NHL's they had Jurco as right handed :help:, so it's not perfect.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
His skating is 4.5 stars, and shooting is 3.5 stars.

Should be the other way around, lol.

Never pay much attention to the star ratings, I'll tell you how his shot is rated (number-wise) next time I am on and look.

Also pretty sure that in one of the older NHL's they had Jurco as right handed :help:, so it's not perfect.

That's not as bad as Crosby or Toews having the wrong shooting hand.

Also maybe they thought, Detroit has to have SOME right handers... right???

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Glad to hear the series might be returning to form. I haven't played in a few years due to time constraints, but it's always this time of year I get a huge itch to throw in some NHL or Madden. And both games sound pretty good this year.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I got it on Tuesday, put some hours into it

So glad fantasy draft option for be a gm came back

Played a little bit of HUT last night, got Andersson and Pulkkinen in my starter pack :)

Aug 6, 2012
As a hardcore online player my initial feelings were the game felt clunky and slow. I've gotten more used to it though. Its a solid game for sure. There are some things that really stand out to me:

Breakouts. Forwards on the breakout are constantly standing still or skating towards your own net. There's nothing like smooth transition hockey and this game doesn't really offer it.

Skating. Now that they slowed the pace to hardcore, the awful skating mechanics are really noticeable. Random pirouettes and spins, guys skating in mud. I think it something that is definitely fixable.

Special teams AI. Even with the strategies the AI don't play much differently when on the PP or PK. I have my strats to full collapse and my forwards will be way too high up in the zone on the PK.

Worst of all though, and it blows my mind why they did this, is the online games being ridiculously long now. I find myself waiting for the game to be over halfway through the second. It takes like 45 minutes to finish a game. It really sucks.

All in all its a solid game. Don't have very high expectations but this game is definitely playable. I will enjoy playing it as always.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm most interested in the online league play. Anybody comment on that? The EASHL is what they used to call it.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
That doesn't sound good. Passing is my best quality in those games. Then if I play online it's pretty much deking out the goalie. I gotta knack for knowing what the goalie is gonna do.

That's how I generally feel about it. I'm a very solid online player and I just cannot get anything going for me. Even when I anticipate what the opponent is doing. My passes routinely end up going in the opposite direction of where I aim especially while trying to break out or they end up too far ahead or behind the player causing them to get crushed.

Overall the gameplay is decent. It's a step above 15 for sure, but there are a couple things that are holding it back . I'm sure I will adjust given a bit more time playing, but I usually win 3 games online or so for every one I lose and I am 1-3-2 right now. It's genuinely baffling me lol

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I'm most interested in the online league play. Anybody comment on that? The EASHL is what they used to call it.

I think it is still called the EASHL and I've only played a few drop in games but it feels fantastic. It is a very welcome addition after them skipping it in 15. Admittedly in drop in you are bound to get those kids that sign up as a defenseman and spend the whole game cheating at the opponents blue line waiting for a pass, but apart from those guys it plays well. The passing can be a little suspect at times but it plays more like hockey than dipsy doodle famcy pants fun time than previous games were.

I've actually been thinking of joining/putting together a casual eashl club since I imagine it would be much better without people completely incapable of playing defense.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I've actually been thinking of joining/putting together a casual eashl club since I imagine it would be much better without people completely incapable of playing defense.

Making a dedicated team is absolutely the way to go. I used to have quite a bit of fun doing that. But we all got lives and now I'm sad.

You're all making me want this game. What console is everybody playing on? I haven't dipped into the new ones yet as I've been sort of waiting to see where all my friends fall.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I have the Xbox one. At first I'll admit it wasn't as good as the playstation. But recently after the updates I wouldn't switch for any reason. Plus they are going backwards compatible in a few months.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Glad to hear the series might be returning to form. I haven't played in a few years due to time constraints, but it's always this time of year I get a huge itch to throw in some NHL or Madden. And both games sound pretty good this year.

I like college football games better then NFL games. But That's probably just cause I like College Football better.

I like playing every single team in a dynasty mode or so, so thats probably why. I don't like playing one team, cause i win almost all the time once i get the hang of it.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I'd be down to make an HFDRW club lol.

Right? I think it's something we should definitely look in to. Provided most of you are cool and have PS4s!

Making a dedicated team is absolutely the way to go. I used to have quite a bit of fun doing that. But we all got lives and now I'm sad.

You're all making me want this game. What console is everybody playing on? I haven't dipped into the new ones yet as I've been sort of waiting to see where all my friends fall.

I was recruited by a team from drop in once but they were like twelve and turned out to be terrible. I figured I would give them a chamce maybe we just needed to gel. And then they constantly sent me invites while I was watching netflix or something and that's just going too far. It didn't last long lol.

Anyway I have a PS4. If we actually drum up enough people with ps4's we should look into making a team. We could probably scoop up some people from the Eanhl section here to fill things out if need be.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Worst of all though, and it blows my mind why they did this, is the online games being ridiculously long now. I find myself waiting for the game to be over halfway through the second. It takes like 45 minutes to finish a game. It really sucks.

All in all its a solid game. Don't have very high expectations but this game is definitely playable. I will enjoy playing it as always.

Online games always take that long whenever I play it. I think it should be 5 minutes online instead of 10 minute periods. 30 minutes (probably max) seems good instead of at least 30 minutes or more.

Have they fixed the Be a Pro mode on this edition... They screwed that up big time last year.

If by skipping to your next shifts and such yeah, 2bcproductions2bc posted videos of it.

I'd be down to make an HFDRW club lol.

I'd join. Not sure how good i am tho. Im pretty sure im at least decent. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Have they improved the AI? In previous games, the other team would be so boring. Even on the highest difficulty you would completely outplay them, but they would have like 8 shots on goal and score 5 goals compared to 6 shots and 1-2 goals on lower difficulties. And they wouldn't play anything like real opponents, very rarely making any risky passes or dekes, made it very boring. That's why I've almost only played EASHL the last few years.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Have they improved the AI? In previous games, the other team would be so boring. Even on the highest difficulty you would completely outplay them, but they would have like 8 shots on goal and score 5 goals compared to 6 shots and 1-2 goals on lower difficulties. And they wouldn't play anything like real opponents, very rarely making any risky passes or dekes, made it very boring. That's why I've almost only played EASHL the last few years.

I just played one game and I gave up 2 goals on 29 shots. I scored 4 on 20.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

In my experience the CPU is much more realistic and browsing through the ea forums here that seems to be the consensus.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

The CPU definitely gets a lot of shots on goals. I usually give up about 25 shots a game and that's still with 5 minute periods.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

In NHL 15 they started shooting alot more so your goalies save% isnt the worst in the nhl.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I play on PS4 and I'd like to form a team. PS4 has a bit more mature community of gamers. Both have their problematic morons though, there is just no getting away from kids with bad parents.

If you want to play you can add me as "opivyh8su"

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011

Its easily the best its ever been. It is much more team oriented and one way they did that is make it much more difficult to hold onto the puck. It is no longer skate over blue line, deke and glitch. Cross creases are actually defended which makes it harder to spam those too. Passing is more difficult in general which also makes it so you don't force passes through guys and actually cycle the puck. It is so much more fun than its ever been IMO.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Edit: Didn't notice it at the beginning of the thread.

Is Larkin not in the game because of NCAA reasons? He's under a pro contract though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad