OT: Nhl 16

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone pick up the game this year? I got it, and I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Happy to see that Nyquist and Tatar finally have a decent overall, and have some good potential too on top of it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Drafted my first Be a GM team, came up with:

Huberdeau-Seguin-Nyquist
B Nelson-Stepan-Eriksson
Pirri-Anisimov-R Smith
Nolan-Moore-Prust

OEL-Brodie
Despres-Bogosian
Oduya-Gilbert

Niemi
Hammond

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I scooped it up! I haven't done too much in it yet as new Destiny also came out and I've been preparing for the new raid, but the bit I have played has been fantastic.

Overall I'd say I'm pleased with the gameplay. You can actually play defense again. My biggest problem is that the passing is atrocious. It actually might be worse than 15 in that aspect. Also I cannot score goals for the life of me, but I will definitely hit like 3-4 posts per game.

I'm hoping to get into Bagm this year. I couldn't do it kn 15 because the sim speed was terribad.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
I grabbed it. And mostly it's good. It's realistic to the point that I've only managed 3 goals by Glendening, and all of them have been back hand.

Haven't done much other than the Be a GM as I just upgraded to the 1 and have mostly been playing Dying Light, and Rare Replay.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I bought it but only played a little of GM mode. Have you created Larkin or adjusted the ratings and potentials of any plauers yet? I made larkin a 78 with yellow elite but he ended up a 87 near the end of the season and a 90 the start of the 2nd season so ill have to adjust that a bit.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Drafted my first Be a GM team, came up with:

Huberdeau-Seguin-Nyquist
B Nelson-Stepan-Eriksson
Pirri-Anisimov-R Smith
Nolan-Moore-Prust

OEL-Brodie
Despres-Bogosian
Oduya-Gilbert

Niemi
Hammond

I always edit the ratings like crazy, I lowered almost every single player in the NHL to varying to degrees, because it drives me up a wall seeing Kris Russel as an 85 overall and Ryan Kesler as an 89.

I bought it but only played a little of GM mode. Have you created Larkin or adjusted the ratings and potentials of any plauers yet? I made larkin a 78 with yellow elite but he ended up a 87 near the end of the season and a 90 the start of the 2nd season so ill have to adjust that a bit.

Yeah, I made Larkin, as well as Eichel, Medvedev, Matthews, Hanifin, Werenski, Panarin, and Plotnikov too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I always edit the ratings like crazy, I lowered almost every single player in the NHL to varying to degrees, because it drives me up a wall seeing Kris Russel as an 85 overall and Ryan Kesler as an 89.

Yeah, I made Larkin, as well as Eichel, Medvedev, Matthews, Hanifin, Werenski, Panarin, and Plotnikov too.

Hm, interesting. Although I disagree with some of the ratings and potential ratings, I don't edit that stuff, kinda feels like cheating to me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anyone pick up the game this year? I got it, and I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Happy to see that Nyquist and Tatar finally have a decent overall, and have some good potential too on top of it.

Could you put the Overall values in here in order?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Could you put the Overall values in here in order?

Yup, gotcha Henkka

VfA0R6e.jpg

IuLztt9.jpg

XbJfZAQ.jpg

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Hm, interesting. Although I disagree with some of the ratings and potential ratings, I don't edit that stuff, kinda feels like cheating to me.

I think most of their ratings are disagreeable, I didn't even buy last year's for next gen mainly because I couldn't edit the ratings. It really bugs me, haha. I also lose steam and can't play a version of the game after the actual real life draft happens. You can't assign draft eligible prospects to an nhl team and so I lose interest because that irks me too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Couple notes on the ratings

-Dekeyser should have a higher overall than Ericsson
-Richards should have a higher overall than Helm (I would switch them)
-Glendening's overall is a little too high

Edit: I think there was an update since this image was captured, because when I was drafting yesterday pretty sure Smith had "high potential" instead of medium.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm loving the game so far. I'm actually playing on pro difficulty this year because I find the gameplay and statistics are just more realistic. I feel the forecheck is too smothering on All-star and superstar this year and it's too difficult to get out of your own zone (or maybe it's because I'm the Red Wings :sarcasm:). My only gripe at times is the passing. Sometimes it feels like you're on target, but then your pass will go 10 feet wide or short. It's taking some getting used to, but it's still a lot of fun.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I scooped it up! I haven't done too much in it yet as new Destiny also came out and I've been preparing for the new raid, but the bit I have played has been fantastic.

Overall I'd say I'm pleased with the gameplay. You can actually play defense again. My biggest problem is that the passing is atrocious. It actually might be worse than 15 in that aspect. Also I cannot score goals for the life of me, but I will definitely hit like 3-4 posts per game.

I'm hoping to get into Bagm this year. I couldn't do it kn 15 because the sim speed was terribad.

That doesn't sound good. Passing is my best quality in those games. Then if I play online it's pretty much deking out the goalie. I gotta knack for knowing what the goalie is gonna do.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Kindl was complaining about his ice time, so I shipped him to Carolina... for a 4th :laugh:

I love that feature. It seems like be a GM would be so much harder if your simming it and not playing it now.

what are our prospects potentials (Mantha,Athanasiou,etc)?

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Preordered the deluxe edition (I enjoy hut) and was hoping to get both bonuses (preorder and deluxe edition bonuses) just to find out I dont get the pre order bonus so that sucks. On a positive though the gameplay is fun and the game modes all being back is great. This is what NHL 15 should have been. Would have liked a better soundtrack though. As that has always been a standard for NHL games. I remember first hearing gob and other great alt rock bands through the series.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Horrible to see Pulkkinen's shooting only at 3.5 stars. Should be 5. Maybe there's some easy potential to catch it, or how does it work?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think most of their ratings are disagreeable, I didn't even buy last year's for next gen mainly because I couldn't edit the ratings. It really bugs me, haha. I also lose steam and can't play a version of the game after the actual real life draft happens. You can't assign draft eligible prospects to an nhl team and so I lose interest because that irks me too.

Yeah, that makes sense. All things considered though, I still really enjoy the Be a GM mode. I play either EASHL when friends are on, or Be a GM mode, and that's it. I think HUT is so stupid.

Haven't played too much, but not really feeling the "morale" thing. Whatever option I pick, it's always taken as negative. :laugh:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Preordered the deluxe edition (I enjoy hut) and was hoping to get both bonuses (preorder and deluxe edition bonuses) just to find out I dont get the pre order bonus so that sucks. On a positive though the gameplay is fun and the game modes all being back is great. This is what NHL 15 should have been. Would have liked a better soundtrack though. As that has always been a standard for NHL games. I remember first hearing gob and other great alt rock bands through the series.

NHL 2004!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Yeah, that makes sense. All things considered though, I still really enjoy the Be a GM mode. I play either EASHL when friends are on, or Be a GM mode, and that's it. I think HUT is so stupid.

Haven't played too much, but not really feeling the "morale" thing. Whatever option I pick, it's always taken as negative. :laugh:

Yeah, I only play Be a GM myself, I started with the Oilers because McDavid, and I'm feeling the pain of low morale. Ference was mad that I took the C away and utilized him as a 7th

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Horrible to see Pulkkinen's shooting only at 3.5 stars. Should be 5. Maybe there's some easy potential to catch it, or how does it work?

Their shot should be able to go up if they score alot of goals it does in any nhl gm mode. Even if they hit their prime and dont grow anymore. If you sim it you probably wont get his shooting up, as you will probably want to play him on the 3rd line or so.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Their shot should be able to go up if they score alot of goals it does in any nhl gm mode. Even if they hit their prime and dont grow anymore. If you sim it you probably wont get his shooting up, as you will probably want to play him on the 3rd line or so.

Still his shooting power should be 105 and accuracy 70. It has been that for years.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Still his shooting power should be 105 and accuracy 70. It has been that for years.

When I took a clapper with pooky and it squibbed out I took a look at the stats. Apparently nobody at EA had heard of the "Holy Slapper" because they nerfed him hard.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I agree, he should have a really powerful/good shot. I would wait for the first update before trying to change anything for him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad