**NHL 16 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
EA NHL are dumb-tards since everyone all have amazing skating ability. Even John Scott, proven by 2BC shows how good of a skater he is.

So...

- I like Frederik Andersen, but the dude is a ****ing 89 overall. All that needs to be said.

- Ryan Kesler as 89 overall is laughable.

- Ryan Johansen as another 89 overall?

- Max Pacioretty 89....Jeff Carter AS A 90? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

- Shattenkirk as a 90?:laugh:

- Roman Josi had a Norris potentially winning year, but sorry he isn't a 90 yet.

- Joe Pavelski and Sergei Bobrovsky

- Taylor Hall, the dude that hasn't done anything, gets a 90. No words...

- Braden Holtby as a 91, this is a joke right?

- Wow Ryan Suter as a 93. Just wow.

- Jonathan Toews as a 94. :laugh:

Seriously who comes up with this? It's like EA NHL want me to waste my life editing these players...

In FIFA, the best player is Messi at 95 overall. Just because you're the best in the world doesn't make you prone to Greek God status. Even the best players all have weaknesses or errors in their game, the same can be said for the likes of Crosby, Ovechkin, and Toews. These ratings just show how flawed the game's system is.

Besides finish top 10 in scoring twice by the age of 22....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Besides finish top 10 in scoring twice by the age of 22....

That's fine and all, I am not saying to make him a 82 or 85, but he's in the same category as...Claude Giroux, Zach Parise, PK Subban, and Jamie Benn. He isn't better than any of these.

Only one I also highly disagree with is Matt Duchene being a 90 as well, at maximum he should probably be an 86 or 87.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I wish they would just release every players rating like they do for Madden in excel format.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah the stream is pretty damn boring. I just want to see a bit of GM mode.
This Be a Pro segment is really dragging on....

Crosby is a 92 in HUT wtf
Apparently in-game stats are the same as offline but the overalls are calculated differently

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah the stream is pretty damn boring. I just want to see a bit of GM mode.
This Be a Pro segment is really dragging on....

Crosby is a 92 in HUT wtf
Apparently in-game stats are the same as offline but the overalls are calculated differently

Probably like what they did in NHL 13 and before where they average out the 5 categories to get the HUT overall

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Probably like what they did in NHL 13 and before where they average out the 5 categories to get the HUT overall

I think you're right.
Crosby has 92, 93, 94, 89, 90
which is 91.6 average.
It checks out for Stamkos too.

It's a good idea, the lower ratings allow for them to spam more inform cards, instead of last year where they released multiple 99 Crosby cards

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
EA NHL are dumb-tards since everyone all have amazing skating ability. Even John Scott, proven by 2BC shows how good of a skater he is.

So...

- I like Frederik Andersen, but the dude is a ****ing 89 overall. All that needs to be said.

- Ryan Kesler as 89 overall is laughable.

- Ryan Johansen as another 89 overall?

- Max Pacioretty 89....Jeff Carter AS A 90? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

- Shattenkirk as a 90?:laugh:

- Roman Josi had a Norris potentially winning year, but sorry he isn't a 90 yet.

- Joe Pavelski and Sergei Bobrovsky

- Taylor Hall, the dude that hasn't done anything, gets a 90. No words...

- Braden Holtby as a 91, this is a joke right?

- Wow Ryan Suter as a 93. Just wow.

- Jonathan Toews as a 94. :laugh:

Seriously who comes up with this? It's like EA NHL want me to waste my life editing these players...

In FIFA, the best player is Messi at 95 overall. Just because you're the best in the world doesn't make you prone to Greek God status. Even the best players all have weaknesses or errors in their game, the same can be said for the likes of Crosby, Ovechkin, and Toews. These ratings just show how flawed the game's system is.

That's because everyone in practice mode is the same

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I remember I had NHL 09 for the PS2 IIRC.
You could sign players during the season. It was glitched though. Once you signed them, their contract would immediately kick in, so if you wanted to resign say Giordano for example to his current contract, it'd kick in at the 6.75M instead of being 4M for this year.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Did anything of note happen after Lack tried to trade Kenins in the stream? Any new info?

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
http://www.twitch.tv/Yewy_Bear_Gaming

Be a GM play through. Dude is doing anything we ask too, so far it looks great. The authentic goal songs are awesome as well. Also Evander Kane is cocky as **** so you know its realistic ;)

Dear god some of these ratings are horrendous. Almost every 2015 Leaf draft pick has high+top-6/4 potential, and Martin ****ing Marincin has high+elite potential. Are these people out of their minds?

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Dear god some of these ratings are horrendous. Almost every 2015 Leaf draft pick has high+top-6/4 potential, and Martin ****ing Marincin has high+elite potential. Are these people out of their minds?

The only bright side is that we can atleast edit these guys this year
Rather than being stuck with them like last year

Although last year did have a sort of...randomization ? Wonder if NHL 16 is the same

As some years I'd start my GM mode and a prospect could be a top 6 or even elite potential, and other times starting up they'd be a top 9 or even bottom 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad