**NHL 16 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Yes! You can finally edit heights and weights again!

More importantly you can edit contract salary and length. also jersey numbers too, before you could only edit them in BAGM mode. having able to edit contract length is amazing this's the 1st time ever i believe.

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
More importantly you can edit contract salary and length. also jersey numbers too, before you could only edit them in BAGM mode. having able to edit contract length is amazing this's the 1st time ever i believe.
Haha I did even notice. I was to busy just being happy they added that feature back, lol. That's amazing thou.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
Can someone decipher the pre order packs for XBOX 1? Want to maximize the free players/ packs by pre ordering from the right place. Going to order the Deluxe version from somewhere, just don't know where

Sep 19, 2008
The shooting cone and box in NHL 16 are so ****ing distracting. I Hope they took that out of EASHL.

Also mass complaints on Youtube about the NHL 16 goal horns. EA said they were "accurate" but they couldn't even use Wicker Man for the Caps one and the Rangers one sounds accurate but Rangers fans are all up in like "THEY DON'T HAVE THE DRUMS THERE IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH"

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
It all just screams repetitiveness. You'll run through every scenario through your first year.

Like I said, nothing really impressed me in this video to go out and buy a PS4 ($450) AND NHL 16 ($90) at this time. With school starting up and whatnot, I might just pay for the Legacy edition and get my fix of that for the year since I'll be playing considerably less.

I'm the same boat....can't see myself buying the PS3 legacy edition, but i need to buy a PS4 and i'm not really a big gamer outside of the sports games. The fact that we are getting a PS4/NHL16 bundle is somewhat enticing, but i may just skip it entirely this year.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The shooting cone and box in NHL 16 are so ****ing distracting. I Hope they took that out of EASHL.

Also mass complaints on Youtube about the NHL 16 goal horns. EA said they were "accurate" but they couldn't even use Wicker Man for the Caps one and the Rangers one sounds accurate but Rangers fans are all up in like "THEY DON'T HAVE THE DRUMS THERE IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH"

By shooting come you mean the thing that tells you where to shoot? That will be optional in the game.

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Why does Norway show up when he goes to edit rosters in that video?

At least 2 teams have been confirmed added into NHL16 from the GET-ligaen (Norwegian hockey league): Stavanger Oilers and VÃ¥lerenga IF Oslo. Not sure if the rest of the league will be added, nor am I sure why only two teams were included in the first place.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Guessing you got the game early?

Yeah how'd you get it so early?

I can't wait for the 10th so I can play on EA Access.

The return packs aren't so bad tho. Starts you off with some decent guys. Between those, my 10 packs for preorder and what I'll get from deluxe I should have a nice team to start off with.

10th can't come quick enough

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
JaredCowenFan didn't get the game early. That video was Famox's who was one of the Youtubers EA had at their event

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
Anyone know if the game will be available on EA Access immediately after the release, i.e. after the trial period?

Probably not. I would say earliest after Christmas it'll be added to the vault so you can play for "free" if you have EA Access.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Anyone know if the game will be available on EA Access immediately after the release, i.e. after the trial period?

Your kidding right? Why would anyone buy it retail then? They don't come up 6-8 months after release like 15 did.

It's only 35$ a year so that'd be horrible decision.

I wish they'd do 3 day entire access again tho instead of 5 days early but only 10 hours. So I have to use a few of my tags to play. But at least I'll get to play all of the modes and get a feel for it and see what team I wanna jump into Be a GM with. My main tag I'll jumpstart my HUT.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Yeah how'd you get it so early?

I can't wait for the 10th so I can play on EA Access.

The return packs aren't so bad tho. Starts you off with some decent guys. Between those, my 10 packs for preorder and what I'll get from deluxe I should have a nice team to start off with.

10th can't come quick enough

This has come up a lot I'm sure but I was under the impression you don't get the 10 instant bonus packs from the deluxe edition. I could have read the faq wrong though.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Well the birth year goes to 2000, so yes I think you could do 2018 draftees.

If the birthyear is 2000 like the video suggests we can technically create late 2000 borns, eligible for 2019 nhl draft. But the only thing i wonder is if u can put them straight in the chl at only 14 years old. Can anyone exactly clarify this.

Plair

Feb 27, 2012
What kind of attributes/how high overall and potential would you guys give to Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin? I suppose McDavid's overall is 83 (with med franchise potential?) so how would you compare Eichel to him? I'm not so good on creating players or deciding attributes so any help would be great.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What kind of attributes/how high overall and potential would you guys give to Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin? I suppose McDavid's overall is 83 (with med franchise potential?) so how would you compare Eichel to him? I'm not so good on creating players or deciding attributes so any help would be great.

I'd upgrade McDavid to an 84 with high franchise. Eichel a 83 with med franchise. Hanifin a 79 with med elite

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Some of these HUT stats look crazy.. Gustav Nyquist at 90 skating, 88 shot, 89 hands is going to be ridiculous.

Last edited:

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to get max rerurning user bonus? Lets assume its 500 players and 200, 000 pucks i currently have 100GP 200 players and only 30,000 pucks...

Am i screwed? I only got the game 3 months ago so i didnt get too far obviously...

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
You're not going to get any packs with 30K, so use that 30K to buy players. Shoot for 500+ players. You can play cpu games and quit out after 1 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad