**NHL 16 Thread** Part III

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't have an issue with passing in NHL 16. I can only assume those complaining so much about it probably learned to play offline with a lot of pass assist in previous versions and are frustrated with the learning curve on a new default setting that is more manual in nature.

Get good at the game in offline superstar mode then take it online.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
It's very easy to poke the puck away. Maybe you're just not good at doing it.

Yes, not having the one-timer work 100% of the time is nice. Otherwise it'd be th only thing people try.

I have no problems forcing turnovers. Maybe your stategy is just messed up and/or you're not that good at the game?

I'm still ranked in the top 500 in Online Versus so no I don't think that's it...I've been playing this franchise since '94. It's gotten pretty horrid.

I don't have an issue with passing in NHL 16. I can only assume those complaining so much about it probably learned to play offline with a lot of pass assist in previous versions and are frustrated with the learning curve on a new default setting that is more manual in nature.

Get good at the game in offline superstar mode then take it online.

How can you "learn" for your players not to fumble the puck? Or when you pass it back to the point they just flat out miss it or it's nowhere near the defenseman. These aren't things that are learned and should be part basic gameplay.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
McDavid, Eichel, and the rest of this 2015 draft class are NOT in BAGM yet right?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
How can you "learn" for your players not to fumble the puck?
Didn't you know, video games are the new reality. ;)

The "randomness" of actual NHL hockey can't be recreated in a game. The player doesn't have the granular level functionality to "learn" or "get better" at it. If you actually like it in NHL 16, odds are either...

a. You surround yourself with such lousy competition that even the incredibly powerful amount of pure luck in the game can't offset the mismatch in skill.

b. You're currently in a streak of good luck. Don't worry, it won't last forever.

c. You've realized all you really have to do is pick a high rated team (for the statistical advantage)... win the majority of puck battles through sheer luck, less ******** AI (still ********, but less so) as a result of having a higher number rating than the other guy... and just fire off shots the second you enter the zone EVERY SINGLE TIME for a reasonably good chance of 2-3 goals before the game ends.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I love how the EA forums is banning anyone who mentions Ice Tilt now. You explain to me why my defense constantly goes MIA when i'm up 5-1 and dominating the game (Last one i had a 35-8 lead in shots. Final score? 5-4 me) and then maybe people will stop asking about it.

Engine wise, it's 10 times better than 15, but all the stupid **** is holding it back.

I also love how the lag stuff is still going unfixed. 2BC posted a video of him having a stroke over it and yet EA continues to blame the player's internet. Input lag is a killer in this game.

Aug 6, 2012
You can pretend this game is good but when you get to the top of the ranks and play a ton of good players you come to find that every single game is defending guys doing figure eights in the corner and a ton of ******** goals deciding close fighting games.

FTWxLEAFSxFTW

Oct 8, 2012
Looking for an EASHL goalie, currently 4-1-0 with the one loss from me playing goalie, message me on xbox at Wiicey to talk more

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
When will they put out the roster update, jeezzz.. they should have had it ready and just released it when these guys played their first game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
When will they put out the roster update, jeezzz.. they should have had it ready and just released it when these guys played their first game.

A couple of the NHL teams haven't played yet; Ducks and Panthers to name a couple. Half of the AHL in terms of teams have not even played a game yet as well.

Lets have some patience, we can all start bashing EA again if the roster isn't out on Monday.

The biggest problem I have is that FIFA purposely delays their game until the roster transfers are finalized. So when the game comes out, all you need to do is upload the roster update. EA NHL is released about 2-3 weeks TOO early, the earliest this game should be released on is September 29th. Especially when the game is called "EA NHL 2016" and not "IIHF 2016". And consider how the game is unplayable if you want a consistent roster like I do (and probably a lot of you guys as well).

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You pretty much have to always wait ~3 weeks until you can play GM Mode/BAP if you want relatively up to date rosters. Lame

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This game is so thoroughly unenjoyable

The AI is horrid, the physics are glitchy, the modes are half baked, and the ice tilt is the most egregious and noticeable it has been in years

This game is not up to the standards of last-gen iterations, it looks very nice but plays very poorly

I've had to change sports to satisfy my sports gaming fix

NBA2K>>>>>>>>>>EANHL

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How have they not negotiated to get a few more leagues either? Should be easy to get a others except the Q

Its more hilarious how they only have two teams from Norway. If you're going to add just two teams, why not just add the whole league?

These are leagues that SHOULD be in the game...

NA Pro
- NHL
- AHL
- ECHL

NA Juniors
- WHL
- OHL
- LHJMQ
- USHL/College (I would prefer college, but USHL might be better for licensing)

Sweden
- SHL
- Allsvenskan
- SuperElit

Finland
- Liiga
- Mestis
- Junior A Liiga

Denmark
- Metal Ligaen

Norway
- Get Ligaen

Suisse
- NLA
- NLB
- Elite Junior A

Germany
- DEL
- DEL 2
- DNL (juniors)

Austria
- Erste Bank Liga

Czech Republic
- Extraliga
- U20

Slovakia
- Extraliga

Russia
- KHL
- VHL
- MHL

And maybe perhaps these as well
- EIHL (UK)
- AIHL (Asian)
- Ligue Magnus (France)

The biggest problem is that EA decides to license with the NHL* instead of IIHF. It will be a step in a right if EA decided to go with IIHF because then you get tournaments like WJC-U20, WJC-U18, WC, Olympics, and any other I am missing.

It is also a slap in the face how you haven't been able to play Be-A-Pro or Be-A-GM mode with European teams. Lol, why do you have them even in the game if all you can do is a random playoff or season mode?! :laugh: Its just hilarious how tiny little things can make a below-average game into an above average game that is worth its price tag. WHich EA still haven't even learned about yet...Just look at what EA did, they had the overall goal/assist/point totals in game for last seasons game, but decided to remove it for God knows what. Then there is a bug where if you edit a players stats, it will override the draft position making it 1st overall. Like what the **** is this EA? Pathetic company.

* = Which is why they will never get the rights for the KHL....the second best league in the world.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
It's so ******* frustrating when i randomly get disconnected from ea while i'm in middle of a online versus game, and yet i still have internet connection. this **** is getting to me i want to remain in the top 10 in the world but it will be hard with this **** keeping happening to me.

Thad Castle

Jun 30, 2014
It's so ******* frustrating when i randomly get disconnected from ea while i'm in middle of a online versus game, and yet i still have internet connection. this **** is getting to me i want to remain in the top 10 in the world but it will be hard with this **** keeping happening to me.

I've stopped playing HUT because of this.

Sep 19, 2008
Yup i have to play a temporary Habs bagm until the new rosters come out. Nothing against Montreal but I want to see how players like panarin and eichel do.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Just had the AI take 3 penalties for me in an ONLINE game.

Who at EA though this would be a good idea?

I fully support AI taking penalties. Don't play the trap. Why the **** is your AI anywhere near the puck carrier?

If you are going to pick a player and hide in the slot while your AI goes after the puck carrier you they should draw a penalty 100% of the time.

Aug 6, 2012

I know man at least half of my losses since release have come from that ********. It's so frustrating.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I'm waiting for the roster update as well.

Then I'll go through and edit players overalls and potentials, including future draft prospects, and then I'll create any NCAA guys that I want in, mainly prominent prospects.

THEN, i'll be able to start a BAGM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad