**NHL 16 Thread** Part III

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Playing BaP
Getting drafted by Buffalo
Leading the team in scoring and having pretty good chemistry it seems on the first line
Sim maybe 2 weeks of games
Randomly get sent down to Rochester
Play a few games and dominate the league, get called up for 1 game, and get immediately sent down after the game scoring a goal and an assist, playing on the 4th line

Not...too sure why that all happened when I have the simming penalty turned off
Seems the Buffalo GM doesn't like me

Also on a side note, for people complaining about passes
I find using the manual saucer pass (r1 on ps4) gets basically all passes through unless you're actually aiming at a guys shinpads
It's just harder to line up as there seems to be less pass assist with it

You just have to think when playing (a travesty, I know)
And choosing which pass to make in different situations

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Originally Posted by JaeTM
Yep, nailed it. I'm not even passing as much as I used to because I know the AI will tip it or just plain intercept it. It's better to just move with your skater and have him just gather speed then it is to actually pass it because your guys receiving the puck are standing in mud (one of the major reasons this game sucks.)

I'll just leave this clip here below. This just happened to the guy I was playing and I feel so bad. But I have crap like this happen to me almost every game so whatever. EA fix your damn series. Just go back to the NHL 09-12 days.

http://xboxclips.com/ll Synergy ...e859afae/embed
You play with very large indicators over the players' heads lol

Do I? Idk I've just left it as the the default.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Yeah, I've definitely noticed passing is more difficult in this year's game, but it's not fair to bash the game just because you're frustrated.

NHL 16 requires much more skill to play than previous versions.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The inability to see opposing lines in Be-a-GM has single-handedly ruined the mode for me.

I know it seems trivial but it's really not, one of my favorite things of the mode is not only seeing how my team has shaped up as years go on but seeing how others have as well and that starts with seeing how the opposition builds their line-ups.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The inability to see opposing lines in Be-a-GM has single-handedly ruined the mode for me.

I know it seems trivial but it's really not, one of my favorite things of the mode is not only seeing how my team has shaped up as years go on but seeing how others have as well and that starts with seeing how the opposition builds their line-ups.

When i want to see how other players are developing, i go to the stats page and cycle through the teams. You can look at both AHL and NHL in that screen.

ChrisOhoy

Mar 26, 2013
So, I'm going to ask again here since I never managed to fix the issue.. I'm trying to see the stats in BE A GM (League leaders in points, more specifically) but they're not sorted at all, just random names.

Seems like they're sorted by position.. C-RW-LW and so on, not by points. There's no way to solve it that I can find. Not a huge problem but it's annoying for sure. Does anyone else have this problem or do you know how to fix it? Is it maybe a design flaw in the game?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When i want to see how other players are developing, i go to the stats page and cycle through the teams. You can look at both AHL and NHL in that screen.

Yeah I know - I just don't like that way because it's more time-consuming and I don't get to see how they're being played on their teams.

So, I'm going to ask again here since I never managed to fix the issue.. I'm trying to see the stats in BE A GM (League leaders in points, more specifically) but they're not sorted at all, just random names.

Seems like they're sorted by position.. C-RW-LW and so on, not by points. There's no way to solve it that I can find. Not a huge problem but it's annoying for sure. Does anyone else have this problem or do you know how to fix it? Is it maybe a design flaw in the game?

Switch to all teams then go to the points column and hit R3 (or whatever equivalent is on XBone) to sort highest to lowest.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Do I? Idk I've just left it as the the default.
I've got mine on medium or something. Yours look very distracting to me :laugh:

I don't think I've ever tried to use that feature. Have they allowed you to look at your own team's lines before the first preseason game though? I hated going into free agency and not being able to have a solid look at my lines.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't think I've ever tried to use that feature. Have they allowed you to look at your own team's lines before the first preseason game though? I hated going into free agency and not being able to have a solid look at my lines.

Yeah, you can still do that. From what I understand, the not seeing opposing lines thing started last year but I didn't buy NHL 15 so this is my first exposure to it and it's driving me mental. :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, I've definitely noticed passing is more difficult in this year's game, but it's not fair to bash the game just because you're frustrated.

NHL 16 requires much more skill to play than previous versions.

There is no skill here. In fact, playing anything resembling a real style of hockey punishes you because of the braindead AI, horrible animations, lousy puck pickup consistency and litany of other problems. If skill mattered, the 10+ games i lost outshooting the opponent 40-20, 50-10, and a whole bunch of other lopsided stats would matter. These were high percentage chances too. Cross creasers because they were chasing, in the high slot, wide open one timers. You name it.

This game is for scrubs who want to exploit the crappy AI by abusing protect puck and want to figure skate. Any semblance of real hockey in this series went out the window after it made the jump to current gen.

NHL in the previous era was awesome because a bunch of real plays (running the cycle, deflections, tic tac toe type plays) were totally viable and rewarding to pull off. Even now if you score, 75% of the time it feels like ****

I say this as someone who has played every NHL game as far back as 2002 and who kicked ass at the old gen games and even 15 to an extent. This game screws people who actually know something about hockey. NBA games do the exact opposite and actually punish cheesers with their AI now. EA could learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
There is no skill here. In fact, playing anything resembling a real style of hockey punishes you because of the braindead AI, horrible animations, lousy puck pickup consistency and litany of other problems. If skill mattered, the 10+ games i lost outshooting the opponent 40-20, 50-10, and a whole bunch of other lopsided stats would matter. These were high percentage chances too. Cross creasers because they were chasing, in the high slot, wide open one timers. You name it.

This game is for scrubs who want to exploit the crappy AI by abusing protect puck and want to figure skate. Any semblance of real hockey in this series went out the window after it made the jump to current gen.

NHL in the previous era was awesome because a bunch of real plays (running the cycle, deflections, tic tac toe type plays) were totally viable and rewarding to pull off. Even now if you score, 75% of the time it feels like ****
Money.

Lol @ the notion you need skill to play this game. What skill is there in running around in the o-zone with the puck?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

Go into play game, then go into edit lines, hit Y, or triangle for PS4 and it will say "opponent lines" and you can look at their lines.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Y'know it's funny. EA claimed this NHL was created with extensive input from the community.

The way this game plays now makes sense. All the cheese is there because that's how the majority of the community plays. BaconCountry basic makes a living off of that protect puck abuse BS and he had input on it.

Bang up job, EA. What i would like to know is what the **** happened to the NHL 16 of the beta?

Aug 6, 2012
The Hawks are stupid af online man... they score on literally everything, its unreal. I'll triple these guys in shots but everytime down the ice the puck just finds a way in the net for them lol. It makes no sense.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hi all, hope everyone is having fun with the game.

I haven't bought it just yet for XB1 but can someone give me a quick review, like with pros and cons? I'm likely to buy it either way, but I wanna know just what I'm getting first. I mainly play BAGM and HUT.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
In GM mode, if you want to win a game and you have a lead going into the 3rd just sim the rest.

My god the game gets unreal when the AI are losing at the end of the game, guys like Scuderi are taking slapshots and going bar down while I can barely hit the net with Giroux and Voracek after running the game for the first two periods.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I have 20 goals and 140 assists or something crazy like that in EASHL drop-in. Loving the passing in this game after I got a handle of it. I've always been very heavy on playmaking, but I make Thornton look like a goal-scorer lol. Part of it is because I play a lot of defense, but I'm still at like a 20-100 split as a forward or something like that. Starting to put up like 3-5 assist games routinely now if I play forward.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
i love have yet again they take no accountability for the massive **** ups in this game. The HUGE glitches. The complete lack of logic. #firerammer needs to come back in a big ****ing way.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
i've never played online, and only play OFFLINE. but this is what i see so far, and it's frustrating. I play as the habs. It seems that ratings don't matter in this game. My avg games end up like 4-3, 4-2, etc.. Emelin last yr in the nhl in 2014-2015 had only 3 goals in 68 games. He's not known for offence. He's a stay home Defenceman.

Well, he just got back to back hat tricks in my game.. all on slappers from the blue line. He's got 17 goals in 14 games into the season mode. He's only rated an 84 in this game, and he only logs an avg of 22 min per game. My 4th line guys, who avg 11 min per game of ice time, all have like 15 pts in 14 games.. and are rated like 78 or so.. What is going on here? Why is the ratings so unrealistic?

I don't want to see Emelin end up with 100 pts. it'll suck big time. I don't recall this game ever being like this.. Is anyone else having this problem? I might have to edit some players, and i hate that..

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Be a GM is my favourite mode and I wish it wasn't unplayable. Crosby and Kessel playing together with marchand couldn't break 70 points each or 23 goals?

Also why did they have to make changing the lines so freakin difficult? It takes like 20 minutes if you have to sub in some guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad