**NHL 16 Thread** Part III

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
This game is pure garbage. Going to try and get my $60 back.

Just outshot a kid in online vs 47-16 and lost in a shootout. Fred Andersen just made 45 saves. Lol. I consistently outshoot my opponents by 20+ shots and barely squeak out wins. It's dumbed down to make kids that suck stay in games.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Haven't even got to touch GM mode because they still haven't added Parayko which is a key prospect to be missing.

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
Generally how long after the start of the regular season do they add missing rookies to their respective teams?

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
This game is pure garbage. Going to try and get my $60 back.

Just outshot a kid in online vs 47-16 and lost in a shootout. Fred Andersen just made 45 saves. Lol. I consistently outshoot my opponents by 20+ shots and barely squeak out wins. It's dumbed down to make kids that suck stay in games.

You have to know how to score in this game, easiest way to score is one timer back door and go top corner from the slot.

One timer back door is the easiest for me that's basically how i score 80% of my goals, 63- 12 in online versus and i actually got disconnected in 2 games and i was winning both games.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
You have to know how to score in this game, easiest way to score is one timer back door and go top corner from the slot.

One timer back door is the easiest for me that's basically how i score 80% of my goals, 63- 12 in online versus and i actually got disconnected in 2 games and i was winning both games.

Pretty much.
Just because you shoot a lot doesn't mean you should automatically have a ton of goals. If all your shots are perimeter, then you should probably be more patient.

I find alternating speed with players against either AI or human defenders really helps. A proper speed boost at the right time works wonders.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Passing into the slot from behind the net seems to be pretty effective too.

Scoring isn't an issue for me at all, but the stupidity of your AI teammates at higher difficulties gets really annoying after a while.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Pretty much.
Just because you shoot a lot doesn't mean you should automatically have a ton of goals. If all your shots are perimeter, then you should probably be more patient.

I find alternating speed with players against either AI or human defenders really helps. A proper speed boost at the right time works wonders.

I wish I had the time to record and upload a majority of my shots; you would understand why I get mad. I definitely add some shots from the point for possession/rebounds, but having at minimum 6-7 high quality chances get robbed by goalies who are average at best (Andersen and Mason) is beyond belief.

It's sad the only way to score is a backdoor one timer. They have catered to the masses; fling the puck to the crease 20 times a game and hope it connects 2-3 times.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Does anyone else get a annoying glitch/problem in Live The Life mode when you sim to your next shift but the player returning to the bench gets stuck skating into the boards behind the goal?

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I never like the fact that in be a pro when you aim to next shift all of your linemates are already out there and you also usually are the first one back on the bench while they will take an extra 10 seconds or so. Kinda lame. I'm beginning to think that ea just doesn't even watch hockey and just kinda asks people and guesses what the game is like.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
I just wish the team that makes MLB the Show every year was just as big of hockey fans, EA could really learn a lesson of how to develop a sports sim game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This game is absurd with momentum swings.

I was down 3-0 in a game thanks to Rask ****ing the bed. I pulled him for Subban and all of the sudden within 4 shots, it's tied 3-3. The guy wins in OT but the fact the game went to OT is a joke since he pretty much had his offensive zone on lockdown.

I had a game like too. Up 5-1 on a guy, 4 shots later, it's 5-4.

Unreal. I get you want to discourage quitting, but this isnt't the way to do it.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
This game is absurd with momentum swings.

I was down 3-0 in a game thanks to Rask ****ing the bed. I pulled him for Subban and all of the sudden within 4 shots, it's tied 3-3. The guy wins in OT but the fact the game went to OT is a joke since he pretty much had his offensive zone on lockdown.

I had a game like too. Up 5-1 on a guy, 4 shots later, it's 5-4.

Unreal. I get you want to discourage quitting, but this isnt't the way to do it.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Whoever is losing going into a period gets a team of Crosbys.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Does anyone else get a annoying glitch/problem in Live The Life mode when you sim to your next shift but the player returning to the bench gets stuck skating into the boards behind the goal?

I've had that happen in a regular game in Be A GM. Beau Bennett was stuck with one leg in the boards near the bench twitching. He eventually teleported into the bench, considering the player I'm surprised his leg didn't just fall off.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I might be losing my mind, but now in be a pro mode the camera is following me around and I can't figure out how to change that. I could have sworn the other 10 games I played 2 weeks ago was not like this. I can't see where the puck is when it goes to the far corner.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
FOUR Minutes for the OTP lobby? That's horrible.

I've played 5 games of HUT so far and this is my first time playing on the Xbox One. The presentation is pretty much gorgeous (the wavy jerseys are a little crazy though). I really like the gameplay a lot. Reading through a lot of complaints in past threads it seems like the people who are complaining are the people who would just rag the puck and look for cheese goals most of the game.

I love how loose the puck is now, I love how not every hit is a bone crushing highlight but they're still possible. One timers are effective but I notice that half the time my player whiffs on the pass which is actually cool.

It's only been 5 games but it seems like this game is harder to play for all the right reasons.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I might be losing my mind, but now in be a pro mode the camera is following me around and I can't figure out how to change that. I could have sworn the other 10 games I played 2 weeks ago was not like this. I can't see where the puck is when it goes to the far corner.

Press the select button. It changes the camera to follow player and follow puck, you must have accidentally hit it at some point.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
FOUR Minutes for the OTP lobby? That's horrible.

I've played 5 games of HUT so far and this is my first time playing on the Xbox One. The presentation is pretty much gorgeous (the wavy jerseys are a little crazy though). I really like the gameplay a lot. Reading through a lot of complaints in past threads it seems like the people who are complaining are the people who would just rag the puck and look for cheese goals most of the game.

I love how loose the puck is now, I love how not every hit is a bone crushing highlight but they're still possible. One timers are effective but I notice that half the time my player whiffs on the pass which is actually cool.

It's only been 5 games but it seems like this game is harder to play for all the right reasons.

It sounds like the exact opposite. The passing in this game sucks so it only encourages you to rag the puck and not pass it. You know how many times I go to pass it to my guy breaking out and he just fumbles the puck with no one around him and now I'm stuck in my zone for another 2 minutes chasing around a ballerina? Too many times.

And you like your player whiffing on a puck? What? That may have been one of the dumbest statements I've ever read.

Anyways, what set up do you guys use? I feel like I'm getting raped in the offensive zone and my guys don't move around and the CPU is able to get the puck from me even when I'm holding the A button. This is all online btw.

My AI fumbles the puck all the time and somehow no matter how many times I poke a guy it goes back to his stick or a teammates. I don't understand at all. I've lifted a guys stick three times and he gets it back every time. I've laid a guy out and he gets up and grabs the puck before my guy. Basically my biggest problem when playing is not being able to force turnovers...or well, I force them but they get them right back.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's very easy to poke the puck away. Maybe you're just not good at doing it.

Yes, not having the one-timer work 100% of the time is nice. Otherwise it'd be th only thing people try.

I have no problems forcing turnovers. Maybe your stategy is just messed up and/or you're not that good at the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad