Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 16 HUT Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephleref

Held by Holtby
May 28, 2011
Best way to make coins is to work the market. Buy cheap, sell high.

This. I bought a player yesterday for 25K that i later sold for 35K. EA takes a cut but i made a profit of 8K for just one player.

Playing games slowly adds up too,i made about 40K from playing the CPU on Superstar.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Carolina's the cheapest to do. After that Florida and New Jersey.

Best way to make coins is to work the market. Buy cheap, sell high.

I really appreciate the info have tried before but not much luck any certain players i should focus on?

I was hoping to buy for 300 flip for 450-500

EuroTide

Sep 19, 2008
got to a point were i dont think that im going to win any more games , division 9 basicly all superstar and im losing to ahl teams ...

will try have to try my luck on the market, not that i have many coins either

Datsyuk13Deke

Oct 14, 2013
Having a hard time getting into HUT this year.

Can't buy anyone since card prices are ridiculous...

Finally saved enough to buy a pack. Got Bouwmeester, which is literally the only card I had bought previously lol. HUT15 luck is translating into this year as well. Don't know if i wanna put up with the stress.

Might try working the market a bit once it goes down

nilssont

May 27, 2007
The gameplay in HUT is awful. All that matter is speed and poking 10000 times / game and ur good.
And im 22-3-1 so im not *****ing because im losing. Im *****ing because the gameplay is AWFUL

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Xb1 HUT has pretty much been my focus, though I play EASHL on Ps4...

My XB1 HUT team -

Hall - Schenn - Yakupov
Schwartz - Statsny - Cogliano 'A'
D. Sedin - Ribeiro - Grabner
Abdelkader - Killorn - Jaskin

Brodin 'A' - Spurgeon
Lindholm - Vatanen
Maatta - Seth Jones

Elliott is my goalie right now.

Arizona / Carolina / Florida / Edmonton / New Jersey / Toronto / Vancouver / Green and Black all stars have all been collected.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
I really appreciate the info have tried before but not much luck any certain players i should focus on?

I was hoping to buy for 300 flip for 450-500

What I have personally done, is learn the prices of of about dozen cards, so I know when to spot a deal. I have for example flipped a lot of Klingbergs, buying them 2k a piece and flipping them for 2,9k making 900 of profit. However the market fluctuates a lot especially when promo packs come out, so I wouldn't hold on to cards for too long. Quick 500+ coin flips are the way to go. If you have the time and don't find the process tedious you can make a lot of coins just by flipping players.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
What I have personally done, is learn the prices of of about dozen cards, so I know when to spot a deal. I have for example flipped a lot of Klingbergs, buying them 2k a piece and flipping them for 2,9k making 900 of profit. However the market fluctuates a lot especially when promo packs come out, so I wouldn't hold on to cards for too long. Quick 500+ coin flips are the way to go. If you have the time and don't find the process tedious you can make a lot of coins just by flipping players.

How do you find market value? Seems to fluctuate so much I can't keep up

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Xb1 HUT has pretty much been my focus, though I play EASHL on Ps4...

My XB1 HUT team -

Hall - Schenn - Yakupov
Schwartz - Statsny - Cogliano 'A'
D. Sedin - Ribeiro - Grabner
Abdelkader - Killorn - Jaskin

Brodin 'A' - Spurgeon
Lindholm - Vatanen
Maatta - Seth Jones

Elliott is my goalie right now.

Arizona / Carolina / Florida / Edmonton / New Jersey / Toronto / Vancouver / Green and Black all stars have all been collected.

Don't forget your other Sedin, Crawford, and Couture pulls..

jerk.

HunteDxEntitY

Jan 5, 2014
Section 118
Hopefully the market slowly comes down.. yesterday Schneider was at 50K+, and today i've seen him at 45K.. Hopefully he settles somewhere around 20K.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
How do you find market value? Seems to fluctuate so much I can't keep up

Pick for example Schwartz. If there are 30 of those cards on the market and 25 of those have BIN price of 3000-3600 The market value for which you can sell the card is somewhere between those numbers. So if you see one sticking out there with a BIN of 2500 you should be comfortable buying that.

You're right the market fluctuates a lot, especially so early in the game. Prices might drop sharply if EA releases a pack, so it's best to try to flip your cards as soon as possible.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
On PS3 last year, the market was really high for the first few months, and then crashed huge.

I'm not sure if next gen or 360 were the same. But high 80's centres like Couture, MacKinnon, maybe Spezza were going in the 30k-40k range, and ended up dropping quickly to being worth almost nothing. So if you pull some of these mid range guys and you don't use them as much, it might be a good idea just to sell them now and wait for the market to come down.

It seemed like really elite cards held their value a lot better throughout the lifetime of the game.

You need coins to make coins. I'm not on next gen, so I don't know how much different the game is than 15 was on PS3. But the best way to initially make coins is to choose a consumable, figure out what their baseline price is, and then stock up on ones that people list too low. You make like 500 coins a card, but if you check before/after every game you play, you might find 1-2 cards each time, and it adds up.

Once you have 10s of thousands of coins, focus on a few different players and get to know their values. Player values go up and down during the week depending on what packs EA releases. I found player values usually peaked mid week, and plummeted on weekends.

For example, on PS3, near the end of the game I knew a card like Ray Bourque would sell for 85k-95k easily during the week, and on some weeks could sell for as high as 100k-110k if there weren't any others on the market.

On weekends when the mega packs came out, Bourque would plummet to as low as 60k buy it now, and there'd be a lot listed in the 70k range. So I'd buy at that price, re-list at 3 days, and end up making 10k-30k pucks off of a minute of work. Multiply this by however many cards I could afford to flip, and I'd easily make 100k pucks a week to finance what ever special cards I wanted to buy that came out without wasting a lot of time or spending real money.

Another tip, when trying to buy a card, look at how many owners a card has had. Basically psychology. If a guy has bought a Shea Weber card for 300k to complete a collection, anything lower than 300k, he is not going to want to take as he'd be taking a loss. If a guy pulled a Shea Weber from a pack he bought for 30k coins or 5 bucks, and you offer him 200k-250k when the card sells for an average of 300k, if he is impatient he'll be very likely to take that 200k-250k because to him it is found money. He only spent 30k to get that 200k and wants to buy more packs.

If you see a card with 2 or more owners, it is more than likely someone flipping him, or someone doing collections, and they'll have a relative idea of what they spent on it so they aren't going to accept an offer below market value.

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Pulled a Logan Couture from opening 4 collection packs. Got 41 collection packs left to open, and I'll prolly do Philly now so I'll have the max.50 packs to open for a good night with them packs and a lot of Dubinskys:):handclap::yo::popcorn:

Packs, packs, packs!!!

And big shoutout to SeeitSaveit and iFishy! :handclap:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I have yet to get my weekly packs from pre-ordering the deluxe edition digitally on X1. Has anybody else gotten theirs? What day are they supposed to show up?

seeitsaveit13

"Next Question!"
Sep 26, 2011
Jacksonville
The gameplay in HUT is awful. All that matter is speed and poking 10000 times / game and ur good.
And im 22-3-1 so im not *****ing because im losing. Im *****ing because the gameplay is AWFUL

It will sort itself out as the cheesedicks move up to the top divisions. They will always exist, but they can fight each other at the top. That's the way I look at it at least

seeitsaveit13

"Next Question!"
Sep 26, 2011
Jacksonville
Pulled a Logan Couture from opening 4 collection packs. Got 41 collection packs left to open, and I'll prolly do Philly now so I'll have the max.50 packs to open for a good night with them packs and a lot of Dubinskys:):handclap::yo::popcorn:

Packs, packs, packs!!!

And big shoutout to SeeitSaveit and iFishy! :handclap:

No worries bro. We're a good team. Hopefully the luck continues for you.

I'll be opening mine tomorrow AM, hopefully I get something solid. 1 solid CBJ player is my hope

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm liking how lower TOTW and bronze cards who should play well actually play well. TOTW Draisaitl has been awesome for me and I bought McDavid as well.. he's been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad