**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

Sep 19, 2008
Shameless reddit "x-post"

CPKrX18.gif

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Somehow the way the other Wings players slowly turn and start skating away like "Oh great, now we're going to have to find him when he lands" makes it even funnier to me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Strongly agree with this point.

I'm hoping that in NHL 16, you actually need skill to be good at defence, instead of just poke checking 800 times per game.

I miss when poking checking was actually an effective way to cut off passing lanes too.

I was so good at that on the old gen games.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I just tried to play this again and I just can't. The only word I can think of is it's way too sloppy. NHL isn't sloppy, this game shouldn't be. I really hope 16 turns out to be a good game, I miss having an NHL game to play.

Aug 6, 2012
Whoever came up eight the idea we need three 45 second pauses, when we already get over a minute in between periods, needs to go away.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Whoever came up eight the idea we need three 45 second pauses, when we already get over a minute in between periods, needs to go away.

Yea. sometimes when people pause the game it freezes the game, it's very frustrating.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I've notice that if your 1st in a lobby your likely getting a delay.

This bug is very frustrating to deal with. same with the camera that keeps going around the ice when people don't press A. as if paying 73 bucks is not enough, stupid ******* EA.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Agreed.

I cannot stand it when someone watches the entire intro and then pauses for 45 seconds. Then later in the game pauses again.....and again....

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
I've notice that if your 1st in a lobby your likely getting a delay.

This bug is very frustrating to deal with. same with the camera that keeps going around the ice when people don't press A. as if paying 73 bucks is not enough, stupid ******* EA.

I think that the longer an OTP search lasts, the higher the chance of getting put into another region's server.

Aug 6, 2012
Also, why the hell are players able to literally curl the puck all the way behind them? And to top it off be able to skate for days (with their legs not moving) and able make accurate plays when the puck is back there. Like... how does the puck just stick on his blade when its literally behind him? They must have super wrists or something :laugh:

Its not like you see NHL players ever doing it, because its not even physically possible... yet its exploited like crazy in this game. I'll admit I exploit it a lot lol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
79 dollars? LMAO i don't think so.

The gall of them to raise prices after 15. EA can sod off. I was leaning towards not picking it up at release but i'm sure as hell not now.

Edit: Looks like all games are going up. Christ. I suppose Digital is the way of the future since you only pay a couple dollars in tax on those. (Got GTA V for like 73 bucks compared to the 79 with tax you'd pay physically.)

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Last gen NHL 15 on sale for 19,99$ on PSN. I have NHL 14. Is it worth it?

Depends what game modes you play, but probably not.

It is 95 percent the same game with a few small tweaks in the game play. Not really a good value at 20 bucks.

The only reason to upgrade every year is if you play on an EASHL team, or if you play in GMC leagues where everybody migrates over to the new game. In which case, since you've held on to 14 for this long, I'm guessing that's not really an issue for you.

As far as offline mode goes, they don't update the rosters enough for it to be worth upgrading just for GM mode.

Aug 6, 2012
The amount of ******** in this game is mindblowing. You can straight dominate all game but puck physics and the randomness of goalies/ai will just say **** you, you lose.

Aug 6, 2012
I'm a big EASHL player but if the game is anything like 15 it'll be unplayable. The puck and collision physics will make every game a **** show. Not to mention the general clunkiness of the skating and movements of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad