**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hey online versus players....

Do you have your game just randomly disconnect very often? Like not where your internet cuts out but just NHL online for some dumb reason?

It's happened to me twice in the past few days late in games, where I was leading in both :cry:

I'm never losing when the game randomly disconnects....Never...

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
The most recent tuner toned down slap shot power and efficacy, plus it boosted wrist shot power. I tested it for EASHL mode, not vs or other game modes. I'm kind of pissed about it. It's nearly impossible for me to score on clean slappers, even with max slap pow/slap acc for a big sniper. Garbage.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Probably one of the few people still playing this at this point, but has anyone else had trouble downloading the April 22nd roster update? Every time I try it gives me an error and says to try downloading it without saving. I doubt there is much difference between the April 22nd update and the one before that, but I figured I'd see if I'm the only person having this problem

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010

Do you have your game just randomly disconnect very often? Like not where your internet cuts out but just NHL online for some dumb reason?

It's happened to me twice in the past few days late in games, where I was leading in both :cry:

Yes bro this happens to me all the time. i was in a OTP game yesterday had 5 goals **** happened again, so frustrating, I'm hard wired too. maybe it's the digital copy problem ?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Got this free on EA Access about a month ago and have been playing it intermittently since then. Glad I didn't buy it, game's mostly a disappointment despite me not buying an NHL game since NHL 12.

The thing that really, really bugs me is the no customizing player attributes. Holy **** this bugs me. EA's rosters are garbage. I hoped they added it in an update but nope. My god I didn't think it would bug me this much.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Another major tuning this morning for OTP online and EASHL. Screwed up everything, and slap shots were already nerfed. Stop being MORONS EA!!

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I cannot stand how game to game my players speed varies. One game I have Chara with jet engines, the next game I have Kurri with a broken leg. No clue as to how to fix this.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan

I get this in HUT (since that's all I play) quite often really. It says a LAN cable has been disconnected. Which is BS since I've never had this problem before, and I sometimes listen to spotify from my computer while playing and that never cuts out. I want to say I have 30-50 losses due to this problem

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Finally broke down after playing NHL 14 for a couple days. Got a month of EA access just for NHL and maybe a little Madden

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
EA waaaay altered BAP play online, AGAIN. STOP IT, EA. Shot velocity now has been put down 20% and accuracy a ton. Online BAP game is now too slow and lacks scoring, because the defense is good but because the offense sucks. Passes constantly miss, players are fanning on one-timers etc. No deflections and rebound goals are even harder too, wtf? Plus, I think hitting was turned down but not 100% sure on that one. If you don't believe me, PM me and I can show you how to verify for yourself.

Last edited:

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Anyone else buy vouchers, use them on your +7s, put them on your player, only to then have them removed from your player and locked again? I then bought them all back again and put them on. Go into a drop-in and they are not applied. Go back to the hockey shop and they're locked, only this time I have no vouchers to re-buy them with.

Is there any fix to this or did I waste $27?

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Question for anyone who plays on both next gen and the old gen consoles. I bought NHL 15 on the day it came out for my PS4 which I had bought 9 months before and was enjoying FIFA, Madden, NBA and MLB on.

I was so hyped for next gen hockey cause once I had bought my PS4 I decided not to play my old gen console even for NHL so I basically spend 9 months without hockey.

Long story short we know how much BeAGM sucks in next gen and at this point it's been like over a year since I've played a real hockey GM mode. Is the past gen version enjoyable? Or am I better off waiting and praying for NHL 16 on PS4 to come with simple things like edit player and AHL stats

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Anyone else buy vouchers, use them on your +7s, put them on your player, only to then have them removed from your player and locked again? I then bought them all back again and put them on. Go into a drop-in and they are not applied. Go back to the hockey shop and they're locked, only this time I have no vouchers to re-buy them with.

Is there any fix to this or did I waste $27?

I've never had that happen, but I lost a ton when my HDD died. I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of intentional shenanigans from EA.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
You know your game is bad when the team that scores a backhand from the top of the circle, a floater that the goalie knocks in, a one timer where my goalie sprawls from 15 feet out beats the team that continues to cycle, gets shots from the point, slot, etc and has one timers.

Basically, I'm tired of getting quality shots and plays only to be beat by someone that can't do anything but cut across and take a shot across his body.

This game better have MAJOR changes next year.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
You know your game is bad when the team that scores a backhand from the top of the circle, a floater that the goalie knocks in, a one timer where my goalie sprawls from 15 feet out beats the team that continues to cycle, gets shots from the point, slot, etc and has one timers.

Basically, I'm tired of getting quality shots and plays only to be beat by someone that can't do anything but cut across and take a shot across his body.

This game better have MAJOR changes next year.

Exaaactly. The game has nerfed legitimate chances and made 50 foot out spinning backhanders into Ovechkin one-timers. I literally can't even play BAP Online anymore and that was my favorite thing to do for weeks. Take a guess what the max speed a P/F or Sniper @ 6'3 210 and max slapper can shoot? 82 FREAKING MILES PER FREAKING HOUR. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And only 70 on a wrister! Not only that but they nerfed accuracy even worse. With my 95/95 wrist shot sniper (MAX OA, HE, PC too), I'm literally missing 5 foot wristers that should be just inside the bar, because those literally crest the goalie, who's in the middle, every time. And if I move over the slightest bit further, it's 4 feet wide of the effing net. It's fine if you take away cheese, I'm happy the repetitive, chincy wrister shot from 35 feet is gone, great, but why did you destroy legitimate goals too? Slappers don't work, wristers don't work, snappers don't work and the backhand is now about 75% less effective on breakaways, what a nice kick in the balls. I HATE YOU, EA!!!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Played a gm game coop with my dad just now, we were the Bruins playing the flames, the flames have a 4-0 lead and we came back in the 3rd and it was 5-5 tied in the 3rd with 1 minute left.
Then the computer Lucic takes somebody out and gets a 5minute major, and then they score on us to win after we made an epic comeback

theschwab13

Jul 2, 2012
How do you constantly one knee one time the puck? Just fooling around with the game now and wanna score some sweet goals this way

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
!

Really tired of constantly getting screwed out of W/GP with my goalie in drop ins. We're up 5-0, everyone but one guy has quit in the second period, we get up 6-0, that last guy quits in the 3rd, the game doesn't count. I'm getting close to LC1 on my goalie and this has literally cost me 10 wins and 15 GP, BS!! This problem has existed since NHL 2010. They said it was fixed and the games would count as of 2011, but that's still not the case.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I'd love to see how many times I've lost and given up less than 10 shots per game.

Lundqvist just gave up 3 on 8 shots for me. Lost 3-2.

Thanks, King.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
This game is the WORST JOKE. I had 149 gp, A- overall, and 4 extra wins to hit LC1 for my goalie. Played another online BAP game, A- overall, should be A-, and have fulfilled all requirements. INSTEAD IT PUTS ME WAY DOWN TO B+@ 14%, the same as if I had multiple games with a B overall and screwed me out of my card, AGAIN!

I contacted the Extreme Asinine (EA) people and was told that it sure sounds like a bug... They've also SCREWED me out of money I spent on boosts and at this point, I am VERY SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEGAL ACTION. Would any of you like to join me?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This game is the WORST JOKE. I had 149 gp, A- overall, and 4 extra wins to hit LC1 for my goalie. Played another online BAP game, A- overall, should be A-, and have fulfilled all requirements. INSTEAD IT PUTS ME WAY DOWN TO B+@ 14%, the same as if I had multiple games with a B overall and screwed me out of my card, AGAIN!

I contacted the Extreme Asinine (EA) people and was told that it sure sounds like a bug... They've also SCREWED me out of money I spent on boosts and at this point, I am VERY SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEGAL ACTION. Would any of you like to join me?

Well thats on you. Why would you spend money on boosts? Silly

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
yes...yes...let's sue EA Sports...

dunce.GIF

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
yes...yes...let's sue EA Sports...

dunce.GIF

I can only imagine that you're kidding, or that you truly have no idea how big business works. The ONLY way this company will stop ripping off their own customers is if a Judge embarrasses them in open court. They are an infamously bad company, and that's unfortunately not going to change if people like you ridicule the only legitimate remedy that there can be against a group of (wealthy, corporate) buffoons. When a company sells a defective product and/or utterly rips off their customers, something should be done. Shame on you, you are essentially responsible for letting EA bone their own customers. Enjoy swallowing their tripe ad infinitum.

BTW, did you see what the next release on PS3/X360 is? It's called "NHL Legacy". It's just a roster/schedule update to 15; it apparently won't even include any new features. Good idea isn't it? Let's just keep protecting the bankrupt and braindead status quo, BRILLIANT!

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You should be happy they're releasing a game for PS3 and 360 instead of completely ditching them rather than moaning about how it's just a roster update.

It's honestly ridiculous that you think they'd put their resources in the previous gen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad