**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Uh so is this a common problem for anyone else...?

First time trying online for 15 on PS4. (Yes I do have PS Plus so shouldn't be a problem)

I click the Play A Friend option and it either completely signs me out of PSN or a pop up that says "Failed to retrieve data, please try again later."

Wtf?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
So I was changing my player's name for EASHL and I accidentally clicked the right stick and that put a lock beside my player's name. Anyone know what this means?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is it just me or does this game play a lot more realistically on superstar difficulty? I was getting so frustrated on pro, but on superstar my shot totals and save percentages are pretty normal. My goalie is actually better. The computer still finds ways to score, but it's usually on good shots, not unscreened wristers from the point.

Edit: but good God, they can't figure out what boarding is on any difficulty level. Can I turn that penalty off?

Last edited:

zg628

Jun 15, 2015
Can't be a draft roster thing unless they're putting NHL versions of the CHL and European players only (McDavid, Strome, Marner, Rantanen, etc.). Eichel and other NCAA players need to have played an NHL game to be added. Rammer confirmed this is the reason Eichel won't be on the disc when 16 releases in September. Played today with the update and pretty sure it's just a minor tuner thing to tide us over for now.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So I have EA access and it tells me there is an nhl15 update so i click on and it starts installing the entire game and i can't figure out how to stop it(PlayStation guy) and its infuriating because I have the actual game disc.... Wtf.

So wtf, this is 2015 and the actual nhl 15 disc doesn't override some dumb EA access download...

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Today we released an NHL 15 patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One which enables players to download the NHL 16 EASHL beta on July 30. This patch is a requirement if you wish to take part in the beta or play online in NHL 15.

Unfortunately the file size of the patch was larger than expected for Xbox One, so we recommend leaving yourself ample time to download the file before the beta is available to play next Thursday. We have looked into this issue and have determined that we cannot make adjustments to the size of this patch without risking beta access to Xbox One players on July 30.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
What happened to the shootout mode ? I generally play BeaGM but with my brother around we were gonna play some shootouts
and it's gone ?
It used to be under quick play or something, but that's gone

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I played my first ever games in NHL 15 on next (current) gen this weekend and I hope they fix control of the players. I find my guys drifting far too much out of position, and way too often, when trying to play defense or chase after the puck.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
What happened to the shootout mode ? I generally play BeaGM but with my brother around we were gonna play some shootouts
and it's gone ?
It used to be under quick play or something, but that's gone

Not in NHL 15

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
A lot of little things bug me in this game. The first one is hard to explain but when I bump someone off the puck my player has a really hard time turning around or reaching for the puck. It seems like if I hit someone and they fall and lose the puck they can get up and grab it faster than I can turn around and pick it up.

There might be something I'm overlooking here but is there any way to save team strategies in Be a GM? Same goes for turning off left stick hitting. For some reason they don't want to save and I have to adjust those settings each game I play.

Another one that really bothers me is the AI is absolutely stupid. I wish I could upload the clip but it was a 2 on 1. I manage to poke the puck away on the left side of the ice with my RD, I start turning away to the right where my defenseman is usually located but the LD literally comes from the neutral zone and starts skating right into me. He's not covering anyone and is bumping into me. I make a pass and it hits his skates and magically goes to the opposing player. The only reason I can see him being there is to cover the right side of the ice but I'm clearly there already and have been for long enough that he shouldn't be there, he continues skating into me any way.

The AI is just really on another level of dumb in this game and I've noticed it in NHL 14 as well, not to this extent though.

edit: as I thought reading over some of the earlier posts there is a lot of discussion about player movement. Clunky is a great word to describe it. This game doesn't feel fluid at all.

Last edited:

McRib

#SoldierFields
May 2, 2014
The penalties in this game are just terrible, if you go anywhere near the net when you score you're getting a goalie interference call

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've just about had it with "live the life". I was lucky enough to be drafted to the Panthers 1st overall and put on the 1st line. Even though I'm a Lightning fan I was ecstatic! Things were going well and I was outright addicted. Couldn't wait to get home and tear it up. After 8 games or so I had somewhere around 5 goals, 3 assists and just came off of making a nifty pass to Barkov in the dying seconds of the game to tie it and then scored the OT winner. Next thing you know for no reason whatsoever I'm demoted to the 2nd line because "When you play for the Florida Panthers we expect your best every night. If you thought you could get by on positioning alone you are mistaken." My team play lowest total had been a B and one or two stinker nights where I was a D or an F because I didn't score and had a minus. This is despite a 6-2 record.

I have now ZERO PP time or PK time, I'm not an extra attacker, I'm not on the shootout list. I'm generously listed as a forward in the 2nd 4 on 4 group with Nick Puke-stad who can't finish to save his life. I'm somewhere around 11 goals, 14 assists +6 in the 25 games we've played. It's nothing special but still leads the team. But I'm stuck at 2nd line LW behind the great Jussi Jokinen with 4 goals and 7 assists 0 +/-

What's worse is that I swear on life itself that the Panthers will either take a penalty or are on the PP for 5 to 8 minutes at a time and this will happen twice, sometimes three times a game. And I don't see a second of it. It's gotten to the point where I just simulate and to chop 7:42 off the clock. If we take another penalty then that's another 3 minutes and change off the clock.

In my most recent game, after 50 minutes of play in an eventual 3-0 loss to the Red Wings I had about 9:03 of ice time whereas my buddy Huberdeau (who is the ONLY reason I haven't given up yet) is logged at about 15 already. He finished with 18 minutes, I finished 11 with and change. The best part of my night was when I get to hear Eddie Olczyk remark about how bad our PP is. We are currently ranked 30th in the league and operating around the 10% range. Hey... at least I know my place right?

And when the game ends after a thorough ass kicking I get "We expect better from you, we don't accept losing" It's been 17 games since my no reason 2nd line demotion and I'm stuck on the bench for EVERY critical situation we face.

I've nearly lost all patience with this game. Not even Huberdeau finishing my behind the net passes is gonna get me through my rookie year if things don't change.

/rant

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I've just about had it with "live the life". I was lucky enough to be drafted to the Panthers 1st overall and put on the 1st line. Even though I'm a Lightning fan I was ecstatic! Things were going well and I was outright addicted. Couldn't wait to get home and tear it up. After 8 games or so I had somewhere around 5 goals, 3 assists and just came off of making a nifty pass to Barkov in the dying seconds of the game to tie it and then scored the OT winner. Next thing you know for no reason whatsoever I'm demoted to the 2nd line because "When you play for the Florida Panthers we expect your best every night. If you thought you could get by on positioning alone you are mistaken." My team play lowest total had been a B and one or two stinker nights where I was a D or an F because I didn't score and had a minus. This is despite a 6-2 record.

I have now ZERO PP time or PK time, I'm not an extra attacker, I'm not on the shootout list. I'm generously listed as a forward in the 2nd 4 on 4 group with Nick Puke-stad who can't finish to save his life. I'm somewhere around 11 goals, 14 assists +6 in the 25 games we've played. It's nothing special but still leads the team. But I'm stuck at 2nd line LW behind the great Jussi Jokinen with 4 goals and 7 assists 0 +/-

What's worse is that I swear on life itself that the Panthers will either take a penalty or are on the PP for 5 to 8 minutes at a time and this will happen twice, sometimes three times a game. And I don't see a second of it. It's gotten to the point where I just simulate and to chop 7:42 off the clock. If we take another penalty then that's another 3 minutes and change off the clock.

In my most recent game, after 50 minutes of play in an eventual 3-0 loss to the Red Wings I had about 9:03 of ice time whereas my buddy Huberdeau (who is the ONLY reason I haven't given up yet) is logged at about 15 already. He finished with 18 minutes, I finished 11 with and change. The best part of my night was when I get to hear Eddie Olczyk remark about how bad our PP is. We are currently ranked 30th in the league and operating around the 10% range. Hey... at least I know my place right?

And when the game ends after a thorough ass kicking I get "We expect better from you, we don't accept losing" It's been 17 games since my no reason 2nd line demotion and I'm stuck on the bench for EVERY critical situation we face.

I've nearly lost all patience with this game. Not even Huberdeau finishing my behind the net passes is gonna get me through my rookie year if things don't change.

/rant

The stupidity of the AI coaching staff and players is mind blowing. I did one in 14, got drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd round by Montreal. Started on the first line, had 2nd unit PK duties and spotty PP time. Scored 20 goals and 30ish assists over nearly 60 games, good for leading my team and in the top 15/20 in the league. I got demoted to the AHL.

I'd love if 2k could somehow just make a "My Player" NHL game, like what they have in their NBA series. It's incredible, blows NHL's joke of a version out of the water.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The stupidity of the AI coaching staff and players is mind blowing. I did one in 14, got drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd round by Montreal. Started on the first line, had 2nd unit PK duties and spotty PP time. Scored 20 goals and 30ish assists over nearly 60 games, good for leading my team and in the top 15/20 in the league. I got demoted to the AHL.

I'd love if 2k could somehow just make a "My Player" NHL game, like what they have in their NBA series. It's incredible, blows NHL's joke of a version out of the water.

I haven't done any NBA. I just can't get into it like hockey unfortunately. I'm sorry about your AHL demotion. Your story is even more BS than mine is. You're near a PPG range and a top 20. Then suddenly you're demoted?? I'm gonna take a wild guess that you simulated too many games and your team lost most of them.

I seriously wish EA would wake up and get a damn clue and realize that in the real world, rookies have bad games all the time and they are RARELY severely punished for it like you have been. They don't get radically demoted for no reason once they make the team for good. If they're that bad the worst that happens to them is a healthy scratch. BS what happened to you.

I'm 99% sure that if I simulate even 3 games at a time I'll be in the minors too or the 3rd line. And that's what has me the most upset, I don't want to have to deal with the AHL ******** like I had to in NHL 09. I was lucky to start that game ON FIRE! But it didn't matter that I had 15 points in 8 games in that game... it was time to go to Norfolk because "I wasn't ready it". I'm convinced that your pro is forced to the minors no matter what.

I couldn't care less that I'm a 2nd liner right now because I LOVE playing with Boyes and Huberdeau (Bolland and Bergenheim on the 1st line can't finish a pass to save their lives) but I'm tired of my team's ****** performances with me stapled to the bench adversely affecting me and I have to own up to "terrible play" when I get barely more than 10 minutes a night because we are either on the PP or PK and I'm excluded like a freaking plague.

Amen brother... coaching AI needs to get a damn clue and EA sports needs to get rid of their "going to the minors" infatuation

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2012
The only thing poke checking is good for is to get a tripping call. I don't even bother doing it any more.

Meh if you time it right poke checking is effective. I doubt you will win a game without using it. If they increase its effectiveness then they should definitely make it less spammable.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I haven't done any NBA. I just can't get into it like hockey unfortunately. I'm sorry about your AHL demotion. Your story is even more BS than mine is. You're near a PPG range and a top 20. Then suddenly you're demoted?? I'm gonna take a wild guess that you simulated too many games and your team lost most of them.

I seriously wish EA would wake up and get a damn clue and realize that in the real world, rookies have bad games all the time and they are RARELY severely punished for it like you have been. They don't get radically demoted for no reason once they make the team for good. If they're that bad the worst that happens to them is a healthy scratch. BS what happened to you.

I'm 99% sure that if I simulate even 3 games at a time I'll be in the minors too or the 3rd line. And that's what has me the most upset, I don't want to have to deal with the AHL ******** like I had to in NHL 09. I was lucky to start that game ON FIRE! But it didn't matter that I had 15 points in 8 games in that game... it was time to go to Norfolk because "I wasn't ready it". I'm convinced that your pro is forced to the minors no matter what.

I couldn't care less that I'm a 2nd liner right now because I LOVE playing with Boyes and Huberdeau (Bolland and Bergenheim on the 1st line can't finish a pass to save their lives) but I'm tired of my team's ****** performances with me stapled to the bench adversely affecting me and I have to own up to "terrible play" when I get barely more than 10 minutes a night because we are either on the PP or PK and I'm excluded like a freaking plague.

Amen brother... coaching AI needs to get a damn clue and EA sports needs to get rid of their "going to the minors" infatuation

You could make it so simming can't affect you

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You could make it so simming can't affect you

Then I need to go back and switch it then because there is just no way in hell I'm gonna be able to do 82 games (depending on if I stay healthy) plus playoffs. Like I said, I AM NOT going through the minors BS. I've been busting ass for 17 games and still on the 2nd line, I'm not sure what this game thinks I need to do to earn my spot back.

What do I do to get rid of the sim effect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad