**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Booted up NHL 14 last night for the first time in forever

It's so much better than this hunk of garbage

TheBrazenhead*

I wish I started playing EASHL last year.

Every few games you get trolls, lousy players ect but otherwise it's fun. It's the only mode I play now.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I bought NHL 15 for PS4 about two weeks ago.

The game is absolute garbage. I'm good at the game. My vs. record is something like 16-1-2.

Since GM Mode doesn't have a draft or fantasy draft, I don't see much point.

Be a Pro is worse than last year, and it was already bad enough that I didn't want to play. No sim between shifts? May as well throw my time out the window with a bucket.

No EASHL? That was my favourite game mode.

HUT is the best mode (no surprise, that's how they make money) but I'm not willing to spend hours in the auction house wheeling and dealing. It gets tired playing a team with doughty, mcdonagh, karlsson, duchene and a bunch of other elites with my team (top player bergenheim). I can still win but it's very challenging and not as fun. I know from 14 it eventually becomes impossible. I flat out refuse to spend more money on the game.

I'm going to trade NHL 15 in tomorrow for The Evil Within. I wasn't disappointed by 15 because I had extremely low expectations but still, the game is absolute trash. EA doesn't respect their NHL customers. Expect NHL 16 to be NHL 15 with the missing features added in. No gameplay improvement.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I bought NHL 15 for PS4 about two weeks ago.

The game is absolute garbage. I'm good at the game. My vs. record is something like 16-1-2.

Since GM Mode doesn't have a draft or fantasy draft, I don't see much point.

Be a Pro is worse than last year, and it was already bad enough that I didn't want to play. No sim between shifts? May as well throw my time out the window with a bucket.

No EASHL? That was my favourite game mode.

HUT is the best mode (no surprise, that's how they make money) but I'm not willing to spend hours in the auction house wheeling and dealing. It gets tired playing a team with doughty, mcdonagh, karlsson, duchene and a bunch of other elites with my team (top player bergenheim). I can still win but it's very challenging and not as fun. I know from 14 it eventually becomes impossible. I flat out refuse to spend more money on the game.

I'm going to trade NHL 15 in tomorrow for The Evil Within. I wasn't disappointed by 15 because I had extremely low expectations but still, the game is absolute trash. EA doesn't respect their NHL customers. Expect NHL 16 to be NHL 15 with the missing features added in. No gameplay improvement.

There's an option to play almost every shift. (unless it's special teams being put out and the coach doesn't have you on the 1st/2nd unit). Not sure where it is exactly, but I was prompted when I started.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Expect NHL 16 to be NHL 15 with the missing features added in. No gameplay improvement.

Thats my gut feeling as well. Its also looking very likely I won't buy a EA NHL game for quite a bit of time.

This series needs a new development team and especially a new head producer. I wish they would give the series back to EA Montreal.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Is there a way to check individual player stats for the games played? I loved that feature in 14 and miss it. Seeing which players were point per game or if I should shake up lines and stuff was fun.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Phil Kessel scored the "skate from the corner straight around the net and tuck it on the other side of the goalie" last night :laugh:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
OTP= just position lock with an NHL team and their players
EASHL=custom teams/players that grow over time

the OTP patch will also enable playing online with guests

Last edited:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
The hitting is so beyond broken it almost kills the entire game.

I have CPU hitting power turned down to zero and yet every single hot they lay on me in GM mode causes my players to fold like a cheap suit. There's literally no tough plays in this game. If you get any sort of contract laid on you, your player falls down. Even in ridiculous scenarios like breakaways. And also, the skating is broken too, I was just playing against the Stars as the Leafs, and Kessel can't even blow by Oleksiak. He somehow can skate faster backwards than Phil can forwards. I don't know why EA can't even get the easiest things right.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
There's an option to play almost every shift. (unless it's special teams being put out and the coach doesn't have you on the 1st/2nd unit). Not sure where it is exactly, but I was prompted when I started.

You can also just hit the line change button as soon as you get off the ice and the CPU will come running to change :facepalm:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You can also just hit the line change button as soon as you get off the ice and the CPU will come running to change :facepalm:

I chose the play every shift option right off the bat. Didn't know that was available without it since in '14 you were forced to sim through shifts. Not the most console savy person as you could probably tell.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
The hitting is so beyond broken it almost kills the entire game.

I have CPU hitting power turned down to zero and yet every single hot they lay on me in GM mode causes my players to fold like a cheap suit. There's literally no tough plays in this game. If you get any sort of contract laid on you, your player falls down. Even in ridiculous scenarios like breakaways. And also, the skating is broken too, I was just playing against the Stars as the Leafs, and Kessel can't even blow by Oleksiak. He somehow can skate faster backwards than Phil can forwards. I don't know why EA can't even get the easiest things right.

I totally agree with you, but there are a bunch of things broken with the defensive aspects of this game other than hitting. My biggest complaint is having a defender perfectly positioned on an offensive player in the slot. You can predict the pass coming, but there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If you try and bump the guy as the pass is coming you get an interference call 8 out of 10 times. I have given up trying to play the body on any CPU player skating out of the corner or behind the net. You can line-up Nathan Gerbe all 5'5", 150lbs of him with Chara at 6'9", 240lbs and Gerbe will not be phased in the least, won't even lose control of the puck. That is how the CPU always starts a "super possession" when the CPU controls the puck in the corners and behind the net, there is very little you can do to knock them off the puck. You can spam the hell out of poke check, but the puck usually ends up right back on their stick. Honestly, I'm not really sure why I bought this game. I guess I was hoping since I primarily play offline that all the omitted modes wouldn't really be noticed. Which really it isn't the modes, it is the same crap AI that has plagued gameplay for years. Anyway it's so infuriating I can't even play NHL15 anymore, I just get too pissed off. You can only out shoot and dominate every team in all offensive categories and still lose so many times before you want to break something. ...and I certainly don't want to break my $400 PS4 over a broken 1/4 finished hockey game. LOL

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I have a bad feeling that this game isn't going to get much support after the next update is released. Hope I'm wrong, but I feel like they're going to cut losses with this dud.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I have a bad feeling that this game isn't going to get much support after the next update is released. Hope I'm wrong, but I feel like they're going to cut losses with this dud.

I'm kinda hoping that is what happens

If they waste too much time putting lipstick on this pig their next product will suffer for it

The only way NHL 16 will be halfway decent is if they start now

They need to beef up next years edition, at least enough to save face

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I love when people let their AI play defense.

Not being sarcastic. I take Hall up the middle of the ice, don't get poke checked once, easy goal.

"WHY THE **** DOES MY DEFENSE SUCK" Game ended up being 4-3, I won in OT. He got three ice tilt goals in a row once I went up 3-0. Missed a wide open net (like, the goalie was completely out of the net because he tried to manually get a dump in and it was only me in front of the net), and hit the post on 2 breakaways where he tried to manually do the flying poke check. Went bar down with Doughty in OT so it was alright though. :yo:

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
The best word to describe this game is: clunky.

The skating is clunky.

Back are the days of the computer AI pivoting like they are stuck in mud. The skating feels so forced I almost break my controller trying to urge my players to get moving. Huge step back from 14.

The AI is clunky.

Same old story here. 2 on 1s see the computer skate into no mans land and negate a good outlet pass. Very rarely are the wingers on the boards for support in the D zone. The consistent offsides is ridiculous. Nothing new to be honest, but with the choppy skating, the bad AI is magnified.

The game flow is clunky.

With the new collision physics it feels like I am playing a pee wee game. I will have a 3 on 1 turn into a 1v1 because my computer teammates skated into each other and both fell down. My winger is finally in position for a chip up the boards and he skates into the opponent and falls down, leading to a point shot from my opponent.

The defense is clunky.

Poke checking is completely useless. Ill have guys skating with their stick in my crotch and I can't knock the puck away from them. One guy can basically plow through three guys no problem. The body checking isn't bad. But whats the point of body checking someone when half the time they just stand back up and get the puck before anyone on my team touches it?

Everyone said that it was bad. I chose to ignore the masses and went ahead and bought it anyway. Gave it the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks hoping it would improve, but this game is just downright awful. What a ****ing waste of money was. Absolutely **** game.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Everyone said that it was bad. I chose to ignore the masses and went ahead and bought it anyway. Gave it the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks hoping it would improve, but this game is just downright awful. What a ****ing waste of money was. Absolutely **** game.

I'm in the same boat. Went ahead with it launch day and pre ordered. I really don't care if 16 is the best hockey game ever made. Unless they offer us guinea pigs who bought 15 a discount, I will never support ea sports again. Unbelievable.

We should get a petition going. This game is seriously really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad