NHL 15 Thread Part IV (OFFICIAL: No Next Gen EASHL/GMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What they're saying is significantly different than the garbage you were spewing.

I literally said the same thing :laugh:

I said I am going to remain calm until EA announces if it is in or out of the game and I suggest everyone else do the same.

Whether I think the back cover is legit or not is besides the point.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Don't say that, you will be ripped by Swervin

Okay, Cory. If you are so sure that EASHL will be in the next-gen versions, then how about a little friendly wager? In other words, an avatar bet. Rules are simple: If EASHL is in the PS4 and Xbox 1 versions of NHL 14, you win. If it isn't, I win. Loser has to wear an avatar of the winner's choosing (adhering to the site's rules) till release date (September 9th).

Hell, let's expand it. Anyone else wanna join in on either side and put their avatar on the line? Go right ahead.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
However Swerve, what if it is under a different name? As long as 6v6 is possible, it should be a win for me

David Krejci*

People need to stop using the cop out of "NHL doesn't sell well" as an excuse for poor gameplay. These games make more than ever, now with the integration of HUT. They make more from HUT than they do from sales, and that's not an inditement on the sales numbers, either.

They make more than enough put resources into having an AI that doesn't run around like a braindead pee wee with it's head cut off. Lack of sales isn't a reason for not letting you be able to do simple things like allow you to save your online roster/lines because whoever they hire at EA to be in charge of that kind of thing always makes an abomination of it. Or make it so that the defense will actually challenge you when you're trying to enter the zone and step up occasionally. Or to make it so you can't snipe a 90mph one timer as a right handed shooter, from a pass coming from your left side, when in real life it would be impossible for even Steven Stamkos to even put more than a simple redirect on a pass like that.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
People need to stop using the cop out of "NHL doesn't sell well" as an excuse for poor gameplay. These games make more than ever, now with the integration of HUT. They make more from HUT than they do from sales, and that's not an inditement on the sales numbers, either.

They make more than enough put resources into having an AI that doesn't run around like a braindead pee wee with it's head cut off. Lack of sales isn't a reason for not letting you be able to do simple things like allow you to save your online roster/lines because whoever they hire at EA to be in charge of that kind of thing always makes an abomination of it. Or make it so that the defense will actually challenge you when you're trying to enter the zone and step up occasionally. Or to make it so you can't snipe a 90mph one timer as a right handed shooter, from a pass coming from your left side, when in real life it would be impossible for even Steven Stamkos to even put more than a simple redirect on a pass like that.

The complete lack of stepping up in the neutral zone--along with the computer AI's programmed inability to make a risky pass--can make this game a real snoozefest at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Gvfr9GUC0
That kind of hit should be able to happen every once in a while--along with other things that EA misses: Umberger not cleanly receiving the pass, the puck actually skittering away after the hit is made instead of being magically trapped near the two players who made contact, stuff like that

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
The complete lack of stepping up in the neutral zone--along with the computer AI's programmed inability to make a risky pass--can make this game a real snoozefest at times.
That kind of hit should be able to happen every once in a while--along with other things that EA misses: Umberger not cleanly receiving the pass, the puck actually skittering away after the hit is made instead of being magically trapped near the two players who made contact, stuff like that

Playing against the computer is a joke. It isn't even real hockey. Also, I'd like to see more stick action from the AI d men instead of just standing there letting you skate right next to them and doing nothing besides trying to board play you 5 ft away from the boards.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

I want to say 12 had neutral zone play until Ea patched it to cater to the kiddies who like to dangle coast to coast

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
Found these...as a Devils fan woo lol

10602839_935990636416206_345797288_n.jpg

This is the first time I see a game make it impossible to 100% if you buy it too late, which in this case is only less than a month after release.

David Krejci*

It would even help to encourage the dekefest that they want to the casual gamers. As is, you can't really deke on the computer because they never take risks.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This is the first time I see a game make it impossible to 100% if you buy it too late, which in this case is only less than a month after release.

I just got an Xb1 so I could be wrong, but it looks like that's a "challenge", like a monthly. Might give an in-game reward or something.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Okay, Cory. If you are so sure that EASHL will be in the next-gen versions, then how about a little friendly wager? In other words, an avatar bet. Rules are simple: If EASHL is in the PS4 and Xbox 1 versions of NHL 14, you win. If it isn't, I win. Loser has to wear an avatar of the winner's choosing (adhering to the site's rules) till release date (September 9th).

Hell, let's expand it. Anyone else wanna join in on either side and put their avatar on the line? Go right ahead.

I'm in, I say out.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

A lot of games on the one have BS like that, but it might just be a Featured Achievement which doesn't affect your original games completion percentage.

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
I see, I though it was like the PS4 where it counts towards the platinum. That would've been pretty bad!

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm a big BAGM guy, but it really pisses me off that EASHL won't be an option on XBO. I convinced my wife to let us buy one and now this.

getzforfighting*

No GMC is rattling to me, who prefers to play in a leaque with my friends.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The whole 1-2 online thing means no guests as well. Not sure why that would be removed. Also, how can you play 1 player online? That doesn't make sense either. Unless if someone quits a versus game, the game continues with a CPU?

I still think it could be a typo of 2-12 that got sent out, and COSTCO published it. However those things tend to get fixed.

I dunno, maybe it's cause I just can't comprehend why they would remove GMC, EASHL, AND guests online. It just doesn't make sense anyway I look at it.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad