**NHL 15 thread** Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers1084

Jun 22, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
While I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I don't believe there were achievements for GMC--unless it was just one for joining a league? I played that mode more than any other, and I don't think I ever unlocked anything.

I just looked it up, there where 3 last year.

Call For Backup:
-Win a GM Connected league match with an OTP partner

Champions!
- Participate in and Win the Stanley Cup® match in GM Connected

Real Competition:
- Play in a GM Connected league of 5 Human GMs

The likelihood of GM Connected being in the game looks slim at the moment.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Pretty sure there was one for winning the Stanley Cup in GMC

Oh.

I wouldn't have known that... :laugh:

This could be a blessing for GMC. The crop of solid, active players was already thin last year, and the mode already pretty unstable. Too bad a lot of people already traded in the 360...

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
There's no way I'm buying the game now. I don't care if EASHL is in the game or not. They're going about this way too scummy and it's a complete slap in my face as I've played this game for at least 6 straight years. **** off EA.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Oh.

I wouldn't have known that... :laugh:

This could be a blessing for GMC. The crop of solid, active players was already thin last year, and the mode already pretty unstable. Too bad a lot of people already traded in the 360...

Yep I sold my 360, might sell my xbox one to my brother though and take his 360 :)

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Oh.

I wouldn't have known that...

:laugh:

Heh, don't be too rough on yourself. It's a pretty tough one to get when you're playing against 29 other guys who are just as competitive. Tho I have heard of some people who would just play/sim games in an all-CPU league just to get it. Seems a bit cheap to me...

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
b9xdz.jpg

KreiMeARiver*

There's no way I'm buying the game now. I don't care if EASHL is in the game or not. They're going about this way too scummy and it's a complete slap in my face as I've played this game for at least 6 straight years. **** off EA.

Here are the hockey games I've purchased from EA

NHL Hockey
NHLPA Hockey '93
NHL Hockey '94
NHL Hockey '95
NHL Hockey '96
NHL Hockey '97
NHL Hockey '98
NHL Hockey '99
NHL Hockey 2000
NHL Hockey '01
NHL Hockey '02
NHL Hockey '03
NHL Hockey '04
NHL Hockey '05
NHL Hockey '06
NHL Hockey '07
NHL Hockey '08
NHL Hockey '09
NHL Hockey '10
NHL Hockey '11
NHL Hockey '12
NHL Hockey '13
NHL Hockey '14

Total spent on NHL games alone (not to mention Madden, Fifa, NBA games, etc...) = $1,380 plus tax

How do you think I feel? haha

I'm about to turn 36 a week before the release, and jumping in EASHL/Play Now games when the family is asleep is all I really have time for, anymore.

Thanks EA, and go **** yourselves.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
People need to blame the right people this has nothing to do with Rammer, this was obviously a budget cut ( no $ for servers etc etc ) coming from higher up.

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Hmm, it will be interesting to see how they'll try to salvage this and recover consumers trust when it's time to launch NHL 16. Then again - there aren't really any decent alternatives out there and eventually people will still end up buying it. Ah, this is so disappointing...

Thankfully I didn't buy Xbox One after seeing the first few trailers :laugh:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Here are the hockey games I've purchased from EA

NHL Hockey
NHLPA Hockey '93
NHL Hockey '94
NHL Hockey '95
NHL Hockey '96
NHL Hockey '97
NHL Hockey '98
NHL Hockey '99
NHL Hockey 2000
NHL Hockey '01
NHL Hockey '02
NHL Hockey '03
NHL Hockey '04
NHL Hockey '05
NHL Hockey '06
NHL Hockey '07
NHL Hockey '08
NHL Hockey '09
NHL Hockey '10
NHL Hockey '11
NHL Hockey '12
NHL Hockey '13
NHL Hockey '14

How do you think I feel? haha

I'm about to turn 36 a week before the release, and jumping in EASHL/Play Now games when the family is asleep is all I really have time for, anymore.

Thanks EA, and go **** yourselves.

Damn dude. I've owned a few of them off and on in the late 90's, early 2000's but nothing like that. :laugh:

I just have a sour taste in my mouth that won't go away with any moves they may make to try to save face.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Isn't Rammer the lead producer of these games? I'm sure he had a hand in this...

Lead producer sure...but he doesn't fund the game.

NHL has sold like crap every year... I'm sure when the dev team said hey we need even more servers and resources for EASHL and GM connected on next gen they were told no.

Once services start being shut down for x360 nhl games the dollars will be moved over to next gen.

If NHL sold as well as FIFA and Madden this wouldn't be a issue.

KreiMeARiver*

People need to blame the right people this has nothing to do with Rammer, this was obviously a budget cut ( no $ for servers etc etc ) coming from higher up.

yeah EA is really hurting, financially :shakehead

Average gross $52 (wholesale price) x 1 million sold per year =$52,000,000 per year not including HUT or any other DLC.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
It sells like crap for a reason. People buy every 2 years due to lack of innovation. Update the game modes, that's what people really care about.

Especially if they play HUT. Takes at least 6 months to get a decent team without buying any packs. Why restart every single year?

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/nhl-15/achievements/

League Champions 30
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won the League Title and return to the Seasons HUB
Conference Champions 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won a Division Title and return to the Seasons HUB
On A Roll 30
Be a member of an EASHL club that had a perfect record last season and return to the Seasons HUB
Victorious 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won a playoff cup and return to the Seasons HUB
Promotions For All 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently been promoted and return to the Seasons HUB

This has been out for WEEKS on this site.......

Clearly for 360....and basically same as NHL 14....EA didn't do **** for 360/PS3 version basically....besides.....KEEP EASHL...sigh

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

Average gross $52 (wholesale price) x 1 million sold per year =$52,000,000 per year not including HUT or any other DLC.

Good job putting words in my mouth. Didn't say they were broke but I doubt they wrote a blank check for their worst selling sports franchise.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

League Champions 30
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won the League Title and return to the Seasons HUB
Conference Champions 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won a Division Title and return to the Seasons HUB
On A Roll 30
Be a member of an EASHL club that had a perfect record last season and return to the Seasons HUB
Victorious 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won a playoff cup and return to the Seasons HUB
Promotions For All 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently been promoted and return to the Seasons HUB

Thats for 360/ps3

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

League Champions 30
Conference Champions 15
On A Roll 30
Victorious 15
Promotions For All 15

That's for 360. Which confirms no EASHL on next gen.

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014

Exactly. Add all the microtransactions and I wouldn't be surprised if the total is double of that. For them it's business and they're definitely NOT loosing money. There's a reason they managed to get HUT into next-gen.
Obviously EASHL won't net as much since there are only few boosts you can buy and it's a one-off purchase. Hell, I bet most people don't even bother with buying the boosts. GM Connected? There are no microtransactions at all.

Soon enough we'll just end up calling this HUT XX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad