**NHL 15 thread** Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

I wasn't going to pay for it anyway, it's not my problem. Just like I wasn't going to play EASHL, so that's not my problem either. But I can see the complaints.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Yes, but you can't expect them to continue supporting old-gen. All developers will be moving to xbox one. They want to give incentive to move to the new gen, its only logical.

I get that, but I don't see a demo as an effective means to achieve that goal. You already need to own and use the system to play a demo. The only question is whether you're going to buy the game for that system. As long as they are selling NHL15 on the old consoles, I'd have thought they'd offer demos on them.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Why would they ditch the 3 day EA of the WHOLE GAME minus online modes which I was fine with......To give us like 2-6 hours....That pisses me off...

I was really hoping to get the 5 days like Season Ticket to play Offline mode....I'll go through that 6 hours in one sitting most likely....Man that really sucks!

Guess I'll be playing an AWFUL lot of that demo then......man that is disappointing...I'd rather have the Season Ticket back if thats the case...3 days access to offline was totally worth the 5$.

EA just gets worse and worse...

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
So which songs do we know are most likely in the nhl 15 soundtrack based on those videos released by EA. It seems like Light Em Up, or whatever it's called, is gonna be in the game but I couldn't make out those other songs, does anyone know those other ones??

jonyro84

Aug 25, 2012
rancho cucamonga, ca
Why would they ditch the 3 day EA of the WHOLE GAME minus online modes which I was fine with......To give us like 2-6 hours....That pisses me off...

I was really hoping to get the 5 days like Season Ticket to play Offline mode....I'll go through that 6 hours in one sitting most likely....Man that really sucks!

Guess I'll be playing an AWFUL lot of that demo then......man that is disappointing...I'd rather have the Season Ticket back if thats the case...3 days access to offline was totally worth the 5$.

EA just gets worse and worse...
Hate ti break it to you, but ea access wasn't made just for nhl...

PS now charges 5 dollars for a few day rentals, for individual games. Where as ea charges 5 per month or 30 for an entire year. With fifa 14, madden 25 and BF4 all available to start(digital download, full games unlimited use). I traded all 3 of those games in when I got ea access and got over 70 dollars... tell me again how it is a rip off?

And Sony had the nerve to say they didn't feel it was good value for playstation users... The simple answer is it was too much competition for ps now

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
So which songs do we know are most likely in the nhl 15 soundtrack based on those videos released by EA. It seems like Light Em Up, or whatever it's called, is gonna be in the game but I couldn't make out those other songs, does anyone know those other ones??

zombienation - kerncraft 400

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

"My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" by Fallout Boy
"Kernkraft 4000" by Zombie Nation
"Chain Gang" by Close Your Eyes
"How Good Does It Feel" by Empires.

That much, I can assure you.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Hate ti break it to you, but ea access wasn't made just for nhl...

PS now charges 5 dollars for a few day rentals, for individual games. Where as ea charges 5 per month or 30 for an entire year. With fifa 14, madden 25 and BF4 all available to start(digital download, full games unlimited use). I traded all 3 of those games in when I got ea access and got over 70 dollars... tell me again how it is a rip off?

And Sony had the nerve to say they didn't feel it was good value for playstation users... The simple answer is it was too much competition for ps now

No kidding...

I'd still rather have the 3 FULL day early access for 5$, or at least still offer it..

I could care less about the vault or 6 hour demo trials..Most people already own those games...Yeah sure 30$ for a year isn't a bad deal but god only knows how long it'll take for them to put new games on there..

It's EA, I don't have much faith in them or this new thing they got going on. I'd just prefer the full 3 or 5 day FULL EA to offline.

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Wait, all of this is from something on the back of a cover?

Looooooool

That makes this even funnier
Clearly fake.

It's not even in the format that EA/Microsoft does the back covers.

Why did EA send it to Costco, but no one else?

Why isn't it on their site?

You know what's funny? You coming here with that attitude and being clueless about the subject we're discussing :laugh:

Clearly fake? Not in the format that's used by EA/Microsoft? Oh, my :shakehead

Xbox One http://www.costco.com/NHL-15-Xbox-One-Video-Game.product.100123482.html
Xbox 360 http://www.costco.com/NHL-15-Xbox-360-Video-Game.product.100127447.html
PS4 http://www.costco.com/NHL-15-PlayStation-4-Video-Game.product.100127446.html

Yup, Costo totally went out of their way to photoshop a cover just in hopes that someone will notice those little details about the online player count and flip out. Yep, seems legit. :sarcasm:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
"My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" by Fallout Boy
"Kernkraft 4000" by Zombie Nation
"Chain Gang" by Close Your Eyes
"How Good Does It Feel" by Empires.

That much, I can assure you.

3 things:

1. Wasn't Kernkraft 4000 in NHL 13? they're using it again that quickly?

2. I can't find "Chain Gang" by Close Your Eyes, is there a yt of it?

3. Finally, do you or anyone else know the song played at 2:38 of this video after Ottawa scores?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
^^^ that makes it official

there is no longer an out for the EA people

NONE

there is NO POSSIBLE WAY it can be in the game now.

thats IT. its SETTLED an there should be no more debate, seriously.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
^^^ that makes it official

there is no longer an out for the EA people

NONE

there is NO POSSIBLE WAY it can be in the game now.

thats IT. its SETTLED an there should be no more debate, seriously.

From some things i've heard on here, I wouldn't be surprised if they merged Live the Life and EASHL. Making it like an EASHL that you can also progress offline against computer teams. I think that would be cool. This would make sense for the people who have mentioned "Live the Life Online"

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
From some things i've heard on here, I wouldn't be surprised if they merged Live the Life and EASHL. Making it like an EASHL that you can also progress offline against computer teams. I think that would be cool. This would make sense for the people who have mentioned "Live the Life Online"

Theres nothing even in the Achievements about a "Live the life" mode, online or offline.

It just sounds like a fancied up version of offline be a pro? or hasn't it already existed?

Some game had a "live the life" mode and it was just offline play with your created player.. whatever the sport was.

oilers1084

Jun 22, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
The list also indicated that GM Connected might not be in the game either, if I recall they had a couple achievements for the mode in the last two previous games.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
Theres nothing even in the Achievements about a "Live the life" mode, online or offline.

It just sounds like a fancied up version of offline be a pro? or hasn't it already existed?

Some game had a "live the life" mode and it was just offline play with your created player.. whatever the sport was.

Well NHL14 has live the life / be a pro which is essentially the offline version of EASHL. You play as 1 character and level up your attributes. So i just wouldn't be surprised if they merged them into one, who knows. Hopefully we will find out soon at their next announcement

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
The list also indicated that GM Connected might not be in the game either, if I recall they had a couple achievements for the mode in the last two previous games.

While I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I don't believe there were achievements for GMC--unless it was just one for joining a league? I played that mode more than any other, and I don't think I ever unlocked anything.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
While I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I don't believe there were achievements for GMC--unless it was just one for joining a league? I played that mode more than any other, and I don't think I ever unlocked anything.

Pretty sure there was one for winning the Stanley Cup in GMC

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Yep, I just lost the last little hope I had for EASHL being included in the next-gen release. They had TWO ****ING years to develop this game. They said themselves that they skipped a year in order to not rush into things and deliver the best experience possible. What we get? Fancy graphics, silly looking player models and jerseys, new "meh" commentary, improved physics(which I bet will be just another gimmick), same old animations, new arenas, spectators AND less game modes? *******.

I'm a hockey fan and I'd love to enjoy a videogame of my favorite sport, but at this point it's really, REALLY difficult to support this franchise.

EDIT: Just FYI, EA's NHL dev team is pretty lazy with achievements(just look at the previous releases, most of them have been the same for years). In the last few years EASHL had at least a couple achievements in this game. Think what you want, but I think this is it. Eh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad