**NHL 15 thread** Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

:handclap::handclap::handclap: Yes yes, everyone keeps freaking out over things that haven't happened yet. Set your torches to burn! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

The hilarity in this thread is never-ending. :D

dude they TOOK OUT DEMOS AND NOW MAKE YOU PAY FOR THEM

do you think it's out of the realm of possibility that they'd do this?

They are ruthless..

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site

They are ruthless..

This company has the licensing to pretty much every relevant league around the world. If in fact game modes are missing, my guess is they're testing this for their other franchises to see if forcing the highest revenue earner of the game upon the general player will lead to even higher overall profits. It all comes down to greed and as long as they have a monopoly on the major sporting leagues across the world that have countless fans who want to be able to play their favorite sports videogame, there is no stopping them from doing so.

It's a common theme these days but the elite at EA don't give a **** about you or probably even their own employees, it all comes down to how profitable the series can be for a select few people.

Jaysfanatic*

They are ruthless..

What? You're renting the game. The demo gives you like three minutes of game play. This gives you the full game for five days, and then, if you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a rental. I like that more than a demo.

EDIT: Just got word, Madden is limited to six hours of play only with EA Access. Now that's some bullspit right there. What's the point? lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaysfanatic*

They will make it a $5-10 DLC to make us pay for their server upgrades.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

This is the best feature in the game. Sorry I'm 36 and have a life and just want to play random games when I want to, and not pay for stupid packs or spend my entire life playing seasons or worrying about contracts and drafts. I'm 36. I JUST WANT TO PLAY A RANDOM GAME WHEN I WANT TO.

They are taking the older gamers who now have families (I have bought every NHL since NHL Hockey) and slapping us in the face.

KYS EA

So use the "play now" feature. You're 36 but this post is a temper tantrum and I don't know many 36 year olds who throw temper tantrums. I know a different age group who does that.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Isnt the demo free for everyone and then there is a trial five days before the release date for those with EA Access?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

They are ruthless..
They did not take out demos. The demo is out 8/26 for XB1 and PS4, and it's free, but XB1 users who pay for EA Access get to try out the game 5 days early.

Jaysfanatic*

They did not take out demos. The demo is out 8/26 for XB1 and PS4, and it's free, but XB1 users who pay for EA Access get to try out the game 5 days early.

But you're limited to just six hours game play. At least, that's what Madden is doing and LOL.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
But you're limited to just six hours game play. At least, that's what Madden is doing and LOL.

I think it will depend by the game.
Just like there is no demo out for Madden 15 on any console, yet there is one for NHL 15.

Jaysfanatic*

I think it will depend by the game.
Just like there is no demo out for Madden 15 on any console, yet there is one for NHL 15.

So if Madden didn't get a demo and is limited to six hours, and NHL IS getting a demo, what will it be limited to? Two hours?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I wasn't talking about Madden I was talking about NHL

You said that there would be no limits for NHL, though. Do you have a source for that?

On the EA forums, the moderator gave the same general minimum (2 hours), and said that the actual limit was unknown, but that the Madden series would probably give a good idea of how NHL would work.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It's going to be different for every game, so there's nothing definite at this point. Still, I'd take 6 hours, considering the game will only be made available 5 days early and there will be other things taking up my time as well.

Jaysfanatic*

It's going to be different for every game, so there's nothing definite at this point. Still, I'd take 6 hours, considering the game will only be made available 5 days early and there will be other things taking up my time as well.

Some people bought it hoping that they'll get to play it as if it's their own. Season ticket gave you full access, they took it away. I have no doubt it will be the same in NHL as in Madden.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012

They are ruthless..

Errm... no, they did not take out the demo... its being released Aug 26 like they said. What are you on?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Some people bought it hoping that they'll get to play it as if it's their own. Season ticket gave you full access, they took it away. I have no doubt it will be the same in NHL as in Madden.
If some people bought it thinking it would be their own, that's their own problem, because it was announced from the beginning that you would get early access, but it would be a trial and only for at least 2 hours. If they had read the facts about the program, they would have known what they were getting.

www.majornelson.com/2014/07/29/announcing-ea-access-exclusively-xbox-one/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad