** NHL 15 Thread ** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
Kane the 34th ranked player? Is this real life?

How the **** on Earth is Kesler and Duchene ahead of Kane and Karlsson?

Downright putrid rankings. There's no way around it. EA can spin their ratings system how they want. There's no way Kane should be ranked that low in any system.

Hardcore fail by EA as always.

l Landeskog l

Landy 4 President
Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Kane the 34th ranked player? Is this real life?

How the **** on Earth is Kesler and Duchene ahead of Kane and Karlsson?

Downright putrid rankings. There's no way around it. EA can spin their ratings system how they want. There's no way Kane should be ranked that low in any system.

Hardcore fail by EA as always.

Kane's physical and defensive categories kill his overall... that's why.
Karlsson's physical lowers him.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Kane's physical and defensive categories kill his overall... that's why.
Karlsson's physical lowers him.

Karlsson's checking of 76 is far too low. The guy is capable of laying out guys like Ovechkin, and has before, yet his physical stats remain criminally underrated relative to other defensemen. He shouldn't be up there with any of the defensive d-men, but it should at least be higher than a guy like Steven Stamkos...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Karlsson's checking of 76 is far too low. The guy is capable of laying out guys like Ovechkin, and has before, yet his physical stats remain criminally underrated relative to other defensemen. He shouldn't be up there with any of the defensive d-men, but it should at least be higher than a guy like Steven Stamkos...

I honestly agree that he can lay out big hits. He doesn't do it all the time though. So that might be the reason why his physical stats are low.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
The fact that there are 50 players rated at least 89 is a huge step backwards. Such a huge step backwards from the variety in ratings that they were making progress towards.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011

Exactly. This is where ratings fail. There's a difference between not being able to do something, and just not doing it often. Karlsson can hit, but he doesn't hit often. This should mean that something like "Aggressiveness" should be really low so that the AI Karlsson doesn't go for a hit every shift. If I'm playing with Karlsson and I want to hit people a lot, I should be able to do that and not bounce off everybody.

Addition: I don't know if it's still in the game or if it really worked at all, but I like the fighting characteristic where you could pick Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Often. If they can get it to work better, maybe they should make that category for shooting, passing, and hitting. So for Karlsson you could have: Shooting-Often, Passing-often, Hitting-Rarely. Or for someone like Kaberle you could have: Shooting: Rarely, Passing: Often, Hitting-Never. That way you could have someone with a high hitting category or with a good shot, but as an AI, he doesn't really do it often.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The fact that there are 50 players rated at least 89 is a huge step backwards.

I have to agree with this.

And a majority of those Top 50 had the "Elite" listed as their potential...that just seems wrong--granted we don't know much about their apparently revamped "potential" system.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Avs were underrated by EA. Not anymore it seems. Now everyone will use them if Mackinnon gets over 85. Great speed team which is what you need to consistently win online. Love it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Some of it is just fat-out lazy. You can tell with some of the faceoff ratings because faceoffs are something that are completely cut-and-dry with percentages. An example of this is Pavelski. He's literally been a faceoff ace and at the top of the league in percentages his entire career, yet he gets an 80 rating in that category in this game. While that by itself isn't the biggest deal, it's just proof that they don't put too much research into their ratings.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Some of it is just fat-out lazy. You can tell with some of the faceoff ratings because faceoffs are something that are completely cut-and-dry with percentages. An example of this is Pavelski. He's literally been a faceoff ace and at the top of the league in percentages his entire career, yet he gets an 80 rating in that category in this game. While that by itself isn't the biggest deal, it's just proof that they don't put too much research into their ratings.

With 80 you can easily win 50%+ of your faceoffs in game

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
No he most certainly is not.

The guy has never played more then 45 games in a season. He's not even a starter at this point.

The guys that are ahead of him all have multiple seasons as #1 goalies, including a few extremely good seasons.

Schneider has a lot to prove before he's to be considered a better goalie then Miller, Luongo, Smith, etc.

Especially in a game where player ratings are largely based on reputation.

Schneider has the best stats since he has entered the league

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
My personal top-50 list:

HM: Milan Lucic, Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau, Jay Bouwmeester, Logan Couture

50. Joe Pavelski (87 OVR)
49. Mark Giordano (87 OVR)
48. Gabriel Landeskog (87 OVR)
47. Dan Hamhuis (87 OVR)
46. Sergei Bobrovsky (88 OVR)
45. Brent Seabrook (88 OVR)
44. Marc-Édouard Vlasic (88 OVR)
43. Martin St. Louis (88 OVR)
42. Zach Parise (88 OVR)
41. Henrik Sedin (88 OVR)

40. Victor Hedman (88 OVR)
39. Patrick Sharp (88 OVR)
38. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (89 OVR)
37. Joe Thornton (89 OVR)
36. Eric Staal (89 OVR)
35. David Krejci (89 OVR)
34. Matt Duchene (89 OVR)
33. Marian Hossa (89 OVR)
32. Ryan McDonagh (89 OVR)
31. Tyler Seguin (89 OVR)

30. Zdeno Chara (89 OVR)
29. Jamie Benn (90 OVR)
28. Phil Kessel (90 OVR)
27. Taylor Hall (90 OVR)
26. P.K. Subban (90 OVR)
25. Nicklas Bäckström (90 OVR)
24. Carey Price (90 OVR)
23. Henrik Zetterberg (90 OVR)
22. Pavel Datsyuk (90 OVR)
21. Patrice Bergeron (90 OVR)

20. Patrick Kane (90 OVR)
19. Tuukka Rask (91 OVR)
18. Corey Perry (91 OVR)
17. Jonathan Quick (91 OVR)
16. John Tavares (91 OVR)
15. Henrik Lundqvist (91 OVR)
14. Erik Karlsson (91 OVR)
13. Alex Pietrangelo (91 OVR)
12. Anze Kopitar (91 OVR)
11. Ryan Suter (91 OVR)

10. Jonathan Toews (91 OVR)
9. Duncan Keith (92 OVR)
8. Claude Giroux (92 OVR)
7. Drew Doughty (92 OVR)
6. Shea Weber (93 OVR)
5. Ryan Getzlaf (93 OVR)
4. Alexander Ovechkin (93 OVR)
3. Steven Stamkos (94 OVR)
2. Evgeni Malkin (95 OVR)
1. Sidney Crosby (97 OVR)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looks like Duchene is the best skater out of the top 50. Going to be expensive to get him in HUT.
Duchene and Hall are both 95 in speed, but Duchene beats him in the other skating attributes.

I'm curious to see where Garbner, Mackinnon and Hagelin rank.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Looks like Duchene is the best skater out of the top 50. Going to be expensive to get him in HUT.
Duchene and Hall are both 95 in speed, but Duchene beats him in the other skating attributes.

I remember when Duchene was 100k this year. Wonder if his price tops that this year

akabuca96

Jan 17, 2014
New York

Agreed. Hopefully they won't do it like years past, where some of the fastest skaters in the league (Hagelin, Grabner, etc.) had low SKT rankings just because their overalls were low.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
My personal top-50 list:

HM: Milan Lucic, Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau, Jay Bouwmeester, Logan Couture

50. Joe Pavelski (87 OVR)
49. Mark Giordano (87 OVR)
48. Gabriel Landeskog (87 OVR)
47. Dan Hamhuis (87 OVR)
46. Sergei Bobrovsky (88 OVR)
45. Brent Seabrook (88 OVR)
44. Marc-Édouard Vlasic (88 OVR)
43. Martin St. Louis (88 OVR)
42. Zach Parise (88 OVR)
41. Henrik Sedin (88 OVR)

40. Victor Hedman (88 OVR)
39. Patrick Sharp (88 OVR)
38. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (89 OVR)
37. Joe Thornton (89 OVR)
36. Eric Staal (89 OVR)
35. David Krejci (89 OVR)
34. Matt Duchene (89 OVR)
33. Marian Hossa (89 OVR)
32. Ryan McDonagh (89 OVR)
31. Tyler Seguin (89 OVR)

30. Zdeno Chara (89 OVR)
29. Jamie Benn (90 OVR)
28. Phil Kessel (90 OVR)
27. Taylor Hall (90 OVR)
26. P.K. Subban (90 OVR)
25. Nicklas Bäckström (90 OVR)
24. Carey Price (90 OVR)
23. Henrik Zetterberg (90 OVR)
22. Pavel Datsyuk (90 OVR)
21. Patrice Bergeron (90 OVR)

20. Patrick Kane (90 OVR)
19. Tuukka Rask (91 OVR)
18. Corey Perry (91 OVR)
17. Jonathan Quick (91 OVR)
16. John Tavares (91 OVR)
15. Henrik Lundqvist (91 OVR)
14. Erik Karlsson (91 OVR)
13. Alex Pietrangelo (91 OVR)
12. Anze Kopitar (91 OVR)
11. Ryan Suter (91 OVR)

10. Jonathan Toews (91 OVR)
9. Duncan Keith (92 OVR)
8. Claude Giroux (92 OVR)
7. Drew Doughty (92 OVR)
6. Shea Weber (93 OVR)
5. Ryan Getzlaf (93 OVR)
4. Alexander Ovechkin (93 OVR)
3. Steven Stamkos (94 OVR)
2. Evgeni Malkin (95 OVR)
1. Sidney Crosby (97 OVR)

I agree with a decent portion of this but I think Schneider should be on this

akabuca96

Jan 17, 2014
New York
I agree with everyone saying that the overalls are generally too high. A lot of these are based on reputation, and it's disappointing to see such poor ratings given the progress EA was making in that department in previous years.

Also, certain players are criminally underrated. How the hell is Giroux only a 90 and Kane only an 89!? Neither are even in the top 20, which is crazy.

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
I agree with everyone saying that the overalls are generally too high. A lot of these are based on reputation, and it's disappointing to see such poor ratings given the progress EA was making in that department in previous years.

Also, certain players are criminally underrated. How the hell is Giroux only a 90 and Kane only an 89!? Neither are even in the top 20, which is crazy.

if you look at their offensive skills it does make some sense...but all in all...

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Excited to see how the HUT ratings looks. I always love myself some crazy HUT market in the first couple days/weeks and rushing up the ladder to D2/1. Usually I fizzle out after a few months and move back to live the life or my own GM mode - but maybe they have a few tweaks to HUT that will make it a bit more appealing this year. (being hopeful)

Based on those ratings, and knowing I'll never get my hands on a Crosby/Stamkos/Malkin/Giroux etc, a realistic awesome top 6 could look like:

Benn / Kesler / Kane
Pavelski / Backes / Hossa

Mmmmm been missing HUT, can't wait to get ice a sick team this year. :yo:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Excited to see how the HUT ratings looks. I always love myself some crazy HUT market in the first couple days/weeks and rushing up the ladder to D2/1. Usually I fizzle out after a few months and move back to live the life or my own GM mode - but maybe they have a few tweaks to HUT that will make it a bit more appealing this year. (being hopeful)

Based on those ratings, and knowing I'll never get my hands on a Crosby/Stamkos/Malkin/Giroux etc, a realistic awesome top 6 could look like:

Benn / Kesler / Kane
Pavelski / Backes / Hossa

Mmmmm been missing HUT, can't wait to get ice a sick team this year. :yo:

Having players with like Crosby and Malkin get boring after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad