** NHL 14 Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greasy Sliders

Jun 29, 2012
I was thinking about it the other day, and what if EA was to not release a "14", continue to update and add things to nhl 13, and come out with "15" in two years that covers everything that is needed, basically making a perfect game?

snizzbone*

I was thinking about it the other day, and what if EA was to not release a "14", continue to update and add things to nhl 13, and come out with "15" in two years that covers everything that is needed, basically making a perfect game?

The NHL division would go bankrupt.

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Very small detail, but for beagm, to be able to scroll through a player's WHOLE career stats, not just the past 4 seasons, would be good.

That would be great, but I think I read that the reason they couldn't do that was because it would make loading times really bad. Can't find the source, so don't quote me on that haha

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
I'm sure I'll buy this because I always do, but I'm not expecting much. If the end of Xbox, and N64 are any indication the last itteration of 360 likely won't be a very different game. Most of the Dev team is probably already working on the next gen version of the game.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Please make BAGM playable when it comes to simming games. It takes hours just to sim one season.

I'm more than likely sitting this one out and that's a huge part of it. I play two ways really... either multiplayer with friends in person on game nights, or solo BAGM. BAGM on PS3 is just too *** slow to handle now. There are many times I've just stopped playing because of it. The only way it's even just barely tolerable is when you turn off everything so you can walk away for long periods; no waivers, no trade proposals, no injuries. The thing is... I want those things in there. I like that aspect of it. It's just so incredibly tedious to sit there watching it load forever and ever, among all the other already broken aspects of it.

Couple that with no big changes in visuals and I'm out for a round. I'll pick it up in '15 for PS4. With the hardware going into that system there's no way it won't be faster to sim, and I'm guessing they'll put some extra effort into it for the new gen. My wish list is HUGE, but I'll jump in for even minimal progress in BAGM performance.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hope the next gen marks the return of 2k Hockey. NBA 2k13 is on a whole other level compared to any sports game out there, hopefully they can bring that to the hockey gaming scene.

EA has released essentially the same product the last 3 years, AI has seen almost 0 improvement and in this day and age they have decided that sticks can freely move through legs and you aren't allowed to move your feet and deke at the same time.

2k is always boom or bust with their projects. NBA2K wasn't even better than live until '09 and EA got kicked to the curb because of it. Their online servers have also been worse than EA's and that's primarily what I (along with many other people) play. 2K can take NFL, but they should not be working on NHL games imo.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Hopefully they put the goals in the ice this time. Tired of the goal sliding across the ice for the fourth time in one period.

Put in coldstreaks, hotstreaks and goalie-fatigue like the older games. It worked well and gives me a reason to use my back-up goalie. But i don't think they will do it, they seem to have lost the ability to completely change the game one year to another (no, i'm not counting skating as a complete change from the 2012).

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Littman is only producing it, he's isn't developing it. As long as they are the same developers, they are going to bring back something similar to what we already had, no matter what he says he wants. This is evident by the last NHL game Littman did, and the one that came out after he was gone....

Means nothing.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Please make BAGM playable when it comes to simming games. It takes hours just to sim one season.

It's unbearable on the PS3. GM was my favorite mode in NHL12, but I can't play it anymore in 13. I feel like it's worse than 12. Just make the simming reasonable, and that is honestly enough reason for me to buy it. I won't be thrilled if that's the only improvement, but if that's not improved, I'm returning it immediately. I can't stand how long it takes to sim a season.

snizzbone*

This is a PS3 specific problem from what I understand, still should be fixed.

360 simming works just as fast as it always has.

ki11joy

Aug 28, 2007
On the other hand, it could turn into MLB 2k13, which is decent, but The Show absolutely blows it out of the water.

I still pop in ESPN NHL 2K5 occasionally :)

2k5 has remained my absolute favorite of all the NHL games. The ESPN-style presentation, good commentary from Thorne and Clement that was more varied than NHL 13's, great graphics for a $20 game, custom soundtracks, a deep franchise mode, and very tweakable game play that could be as arcade or as sim as you wanted. It's a shame the goalies weren't really great compared to 2k6 and that 2k5 had some franchise-breaking bugs.

EA's game has really stagnated and they're continuously focusing on the casual player, ignoring bug and AI fixes, and choosing to work on gimmicky features (we're improving hitting! Again!). But what really bums me is how many people will just eat it up all over again. Having the 2k franchise back in the game would be a breath of fresh air. But I highly doubt that's ever going to happen. They just don't have the money, the marketing, or the fans. And even when they did have the better game, the reviewers complained about complex controls and the customers hated the graphics.

EA *looks* realistic, but at its core, 2k had a game that *played* realistically. The problem was they didn't really commit to it with their default settings, they forced players to customize them to find the best game play. And the casual buyer isn't going to want to spend any time with sliders to make the game more realistic.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This is a PS3 specific problem from what I understand, still should be fixed.

360 simming works just as fast as it always has.

This is correct. I watch 2BCProductions GM modes and his simulations are at least twice as fast as mine on PS3.

GodTukka*

This is correct. I watch 2BCProductions GM modes and his simulations are at least twice as fast as mine on PS3.

Love me some Superbman, lol (His Vancouver sim has gone down the toilet in the pat few videos leading to lulz)

You can add Jagr to his "irrational player hate list"

I'm probably gonna pick up 14, Even though i'll be in school that's the one game i absolutely have to buy in terms of sports since i get more then my money's worth from playing it.

But that's in September, still got a few months to work with to squeeze some more out of 13, lol

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Love me some Superbman, lol (His Vancouver sim has gone down the toilet in the pat few videos leading to lulz)

You can add Jagr to his "irrational player hate list"

I'm probably gonna pick up 14, Even though i'll be in school that's the one game i absolutely have to buy in terms of sports since i get more then my money's worth from playing it.

But that's in September, still got a few months to work with to squeeze some more out of 13, lol

Jagr
Dadonov
Datsyuk

:laugh:

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I feel that the feature list release tomorrow will determine my excitement (or lack thereof) for the coming edition. I'm interested to see what they release, but I'm not holding my breath that my wishlist was fulfilled. I really hope they took Be-A-GM and brought back what they had in NHL 2004 but that seems unlikely given everyone else playing EASHL and only really caring about that mode.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Overhaul GM and BAP modes, presentation (been the exact same intro for a while now), commentaty (doubt it), physics need a MAJOR adjustment, goalies, better potential system, better OVR system.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
I feel that the feature list release tomorrow will determine my excitement (or lack thereof) for the coming edition. I'm interested to see what they release, but I'm not holding my breath that my wishlist was fulfilled. I really hope they took Be-A-GM and brought back what they had in NHL 2004 but that seems unlikely given everyone else playing EASHL and only really caring about that mode.

Well, you never know, they might do something to commemorate the 10th anniversary of NHL 2004 (and the 20th anniversary of NHL '94, among others). Got a feeling this installment will continue the tradition of the better NHL installments ending in "4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad