** NHL 14 Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
AH, well that's cool I guess.

We still have 3-5 months left to play the sh** out of this game though. I'm a damn sucker to EA Sports, I just love there games to much. I'll yet again be there for the release, lol. This time I shouldn't be lazy and go up to Edmonton and get an Autograph with it aswell, if that happens again.

Yeah it just doesn't make sense for 14 to be on next gen consoles.

The game should be out in September and the new consoles are coming in November.

It's possible EA makes some sort of next-gen hockey game to launch with the new consoles but it will likely be very bare-bones and not nearly as fleshed out as the current games...if it happens at all that is.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC

The game should be out in September and the new consoles are coming in November.

It's possible EA makes some sort of next-gen hockey game to launch with the new consoles but it will likely be very bare-bones and not nearly as fleshed out as the current games...if it happens at all that is.
They made versions of that with madden and FIFA when the 360 came out if I remember correctly

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

'07 was the first year on 360 and it totally change the series, they used a new engine for the 360 version. Not sure why they would have to make a "bare bones" version considering they've had the specs for the next gen consoles for awhile.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Very small detail, but for beagm, to be able to scroll through a player's WHOLE career stats, not just the past 4 seasons, would be good.

RattleYourSabre

Jan 12, 2013
They won't

The players would just be named 'position name and number' because the NCAA doesn't allow the likeness of their athletes in the game

They could very easily use fake names/likenesses and call the league, "College".

The roster editors could get through it quite easily and rename/rerate the prospects. Or just make it "fake prospects".

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
NHL14-first-screenshot-MTL-TOR-phaneufhit_WM_resized-656x369_656x369.jpg

looks like hitting will be the new thing i think.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
I'll buy it on release, just like every year. $70 for hundreds of hours across many months of play-time is good for me.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
nhl14_firstscreener600.jpg

All I gather so far is that the crowds still look the same as they do the past few years, still wearing incorrect jerseys and the same clothes while doing the same animations. Stupid thing to notice but if EA isn't gonna fix something like that, I don't trust them to make any huge fixes. Obviously the game is still a ways away, so I hope they prove me wrong.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I hope the next gen marks the return of 2k Hockey. NBA 2k13 is on a whole other level compared to any sports game out there, hopefully they can bring that to the hockey gaming scene.

EA has released essentially the same product the last 3 years, AI has seen almost 0 improvement and in this day and age they have decided that sticks can freely move through legs and you aren't allowed to move your feet and deke at the same time.

Green Blob*

Littman is running the show again at EA NHL this year so that excites me.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I really hope the entire potential system, contract system, and "GM Brain" is overhauled in this year's game. If they just add minor crap then I am going to join those who plan to skip this version.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
I hope the next gen marks the return of 2k Hockey. NBA 2k13 is on a whole other level compared to any sports game out there, hopefully they can bring that to the hockey gaming scene.

EA has released essentially the same product the last 3 years, AI has seen almost 0 improvement and in this day and age they have decided that sticks can freely move through legs and you aren't allowed to move your feet and deke at the same time.

On the other hand, it could turn into MLB 2k13, which is decent, but The Show absolutely blows it out of the water.

I still pop in ESPN NHL 2K5 occasionally :)

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
What I really want to see is the creation zone expanded...obviously this should be a bit down on the priority list...but playing as much EASHL as I do...the player customization and team customization is extremely lacking.

No reason every jersey template that's already in the game..and every logo..NHL,AHL,CHL,Euro shouldn't be available in the creation center...plus some custom ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad