** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
I heard that they fixed the slow simulation for GM mode on the PS3! thank god for this , now I won't have to buy both versions of the game just to play GM mode for Xbox.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Was it supposed to be 4 on 2?

What did you think would happen?

I assumed it would stay 4 on 3 and the other penalty wouldn't start til it's over I've never seen it in a game before

lulz du u even watch hockey, simmer down nerds

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
I really like it. Has me itching to play the full game and with other teams. I can't to see what Live the Life is like.

Green Blob*

I assumed it would stay 4 on 3 and the other penalty wouldn't start til it's over I've never seen it in a game before

lulz du u even watch hockey, simmer down nerds

So then why doesnt teams just wack away and take penalty after penalty toward the end of OT when they are already down?

c'on man think before you post.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Just played it for the first time, and I like it. They tweaked on some important stuff.

The bad: The game speed is too high, and the shots too hard, and the goalies not very good. But those are things that hopefully can be adjusted with sliders. The hits are great, and I Think the skating will feel very good as well once you've played it for a while.

Mynameismark*

Fights are awesome. Missed with one of my punches, and we both slipped down, then got back up and continued slugging away.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The probelm I have is it doesn't seem to matter who I'm shooting it with. I can take a slap shot with Weber and then the same shot with an AHL guy and they seem to be close to the same speed. I don't mind top players being able to rip shots but not every player should be able to blast rockets off like they do now. hopefully this gets adjusted before or soon after release.

That's probably because Weber has an 82 shot in HUT, which is what I hate about it.

In the HUT Tournament, I just lost to Team Canada, 3-2.

Team Canada had 3 shots on goal, all low wristers from far out.

Well played EA :clap:

That's why I can't play the CPU. They can't beat you the honest way. The game has to be rigged. All but one of the goals I've given up have been deflections. The CPU never forces passes no matter who has the puck, and every time the defenseman at the point gets the puck he shoots it.

I don't like the player speed

Toews should be faster than Chara

I think that's shades of NHL 12 coming back. Remember when the AI would get those superhuman speed bursts to get to a puck or chase down someone? Last year they took it out and it was a breakaway fest.

I like how passes sometimes actually get through defenders now

I think that has to do with toning down the poke checks (thank god). I just hope this isn't another year of pucks going through defenders in perfect position.

My thoughts on the demo:
I always thought NHL 13 was a beta. It had a nice foundation, but was really rough around the edges. I think they smoothed some of the edges this year. The skating was the biggest fix in my book. Playing hundreds of games in EASHL as a defenseman, there was nothing worse than getting caught in the "mud" animation with three poke check spamming forwards coming at you. That appears to be eliminated for the most part. The strafing is very useful and long overdue. The hitting feels good, but is overpowered in its current state. The CPU AI does a better job of staying between the puck and the goalie this year, but I wish they would challenge puck carriers at the blue line more. It's still too easy to gain the line.

It will be interesting to see how EA tries to balance the game. They are horrible in this area. Poke checks, body checks, shot power, etc. From one year to the next they're either overpowered or nerfed. They never seem to find a happy medium.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Holy **** guys, this deke actually works for once

You can do a spinorama in front of the goalie and itll work sometimes

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Drew a great HUT team. 83 Team chemistry

Lucic-Huberdeau-Iginla
Skinner-Couture-Havlat
Drouin-Maackinnon-Tropp
Terry-Green-Grabner
Keith-Seabrook
Josi-Weber
Fowler-Archibald

Bobrovski

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Should I pre-order this game? Last year I pre-ordered and when I went to EB Games there was dozens of copies. Don't know if I should bother this year.

Ghost AsylumX91

May 15, 2013
Canada
I haven't actually enjoyed a NHL demo since 11. Now this one is more fun then that one. I'm gonna pre order tomorrow to get the extra goodies. Can't wait to play live the life.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does anyone know whether Amazon.ca (Canada) does release-day shipping for the NHL titles? I would prefer their pre-order specials, but I want the game on release day. I can't get a straight answer out of Amazon, but if it was available last year, I assume it will be again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad