** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
The skating is MUCH better, in my opinion. 13 makes me feel so slow and I can't turn. Feels much more refined in the demo for 14.

Like being able to score backhand, spent about 10 minutes in free skate trying out moves. And yes, the spinorama will occasionally work. I like trying to fight with the goalie and bait him out for a pokecheck and then a spin-backhand-back of the net.

I'm definitely picking this up, I just pray they did some work for sim times on PS3.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Completely forgot about this.

Probably won't buy until they move to next gen in 15, but it sounds like they've really improved it this year

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hopefully with the announced sale of next-gen consoles and games coming in November, there's extra added incentive for EA to drop the price on their current gen releases. I've decided that's the only way I'll pickup NHL '14. Not to say they half assed it this year, but I don't feel like there's enough put into it to justify a full price tag.

Phinor

Feb 2, 2008
Well into Thursday and still no demo in PSN store. In the Finnish store, anyway. No worries Sony, it's not like hockey is a big deal in this country.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Well into Thursday and still no demo in PSN store. In the Finnish store, anyway. No worries Sony, it's not like hockey is a big deal in this country.

Not sure if this still works, but in the past you could simply create a new account and set your location as the US or Canada and it would allow you to access their PS store and download demos.

Phinor

Feb 2, 2008
It most certainly has been available for a long time now.

Well now I feel dumb. It seems like that the search in the store is useless, it still doesn't show NHL14 although it's already available.

I thought they'd have a functional search in 2013 but the joke is on me.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I like the new fighting and the fact that you get challenged.

I hate the new deke system though

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well now I feel dumb. It seems like that the search in the store is useless, it still doesn't show NHL14 although it's already available.

I thought they'd have a functional search in 2013 but the joke is on me.

Not sure if the format for is the same for Finland, but it's the first game that shows up for me when I scroll down the left side to 'demos' (in the US).

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Was wondering the same thing.

not too muhc...

Trading will be easier (kinda lame.... welcome super teams)
Trading will also have difficulties sliders.

other then that most of the updates i read about are to be a pro mode or live the life i think its called now

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I still don't understand why they aren't porting this game onto the next gen consoles. I don't know the process behind it, so there may be a legitimate reason for it, but I can't help but think that's going to hurt their sales.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I still don't understand why they aren't porting this game onto the next gen consoles. I don't know the process behind it, so there may be a legitimate reason for it, but I can't help but think that's going to hurt their sales.

Because NBA, MLB, PGA, NCAA > NHL

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Because NBA, MLB, PGA, NCAA > NHL

Well, they don't make an MLB game, and that still doesn't make any sense. I understand why they aren't putting the new engine into NHL14, but why not at least make it playable on the next gen consoles? Why do we have to wait a year to play an NHL game on the next gen? I'm not talking about enhanced features or anything, simply porting the exact same game with no improvements onto the PS4/XBONE.

Jacob8hockey*

Well, they don't make an MLB game, and that still doesn't make any sense. I understand why they aren't putting the new engine into NHL14, but why not at least make it playable on the next gen consoles? Why do we have to wait a year to play an NHL game on the next gen? I'm not talking about enhanced features or anything, simply porting the exact same game with no improvements onto the PS4/XBONE.

Exactly, my 360 isn't going to be hooked up for much longer. I don't plan on using my 360 at all when I get the next gen.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
anyone else having difficulty with faceoffs? i had a solid percentage online, and a 90%+ against superstar CPU, but now i cant win faceoffs to save my life

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If they are going to make really good game (talking about NHL'15) I can wait one year till the series gets to next-gen consoles.

I'd rather let them see what (most likely ****ing massive) glitches and bugs the first next-gen games have and design an excellent NHL one instead of them rushing to make one this year.

Also, almost lost to Team Canada when they had one shot on goal. Poke checked it away from Richards and my goalie had his five hole wide open for about 10 seconds then tried to make a glove save when the puck went under him. I poke checked it above the circle. Then a defenseman took a slap shot from the point, their one shot, and it went in the air. Goalie hit it in with his blocker flailing around.

It'd be a lot more irate if I lost. :laugh:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'd rather let them see what (most likely ****ing massive) glitches and bugs the first next-gen games have and design an excellent NHL one instead of them rushing to make one this year.

Also, almost lost to Team Canada when they had one shot on goal. Poke checked it away from Richards and my goalie had his five hole wide open for about 10 seconds then tried to make a glove save when the puck went under him. I poke checked it above the circle. Then a defenseman took a slap shot from the point, their one shot, and it went in the air. Goalie hit it in with his blocker flailing around.

It'd be a lot more irate if I lost. :laugh:

I lost 3-2 to them earlier yesterday, and they only had 3 shots :help:

But I did beat it last night, finally. I don't know why I had such difficulty with it.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yep. This was maybe my 4th try. Lost in the same fashion as you every time.

Yeah most of my losses were 1-0 or 2-1. Took me about 5 tries to finally beat it, I kept losing to Chicago.

When I finally beat the tournament, I actually beat Chicago 4-0. Don't really know how that happened :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad