***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICKD

What a ****ing all-star. :sarcasm:

Waste of an update.

I'm sorry but if the NHL season is lost this year and we get no roster updates because of this stupid deadline law, how EA can't update the rosters until players have actually suited up for their respective teams. Then updates as of July 1 shouldn't have been made either if thats the case. I want a full refund.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Waste of an update.

I'm sorry but if the NHL season is lost this year and we get no roster updates because of this stupid deadline law, how EA can't update the rosters until players have actually suited up for their respective teams. Then updates as of July 1 shouldn't have been made either if thats the case. I want a full refund.

Good luck.

Patchey*

One of my posts from the EA forums

It's not even like I'm bashing EA for the sake of it. I've been a loyal customer since NHL 94, but things have REALLY gone downhill since David Littman left the dev team. Just the incompetence they show every year, while still managing to put out a decent product gameplay wise absolutely mind****s me. If they put in the effort to fix all these little things the game would feel so much better overall, and generally better games make more money. More money equals better development, better development equals an even better game. It's like they are currently content with releasing a mediocre product every year instead of pushing themselves, the engine, and the sports game industry.

Sums it up pretty nicely.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Anyone want to create a list of roster mistakes (if one isn't already out there)?
I mean, if they will send out a roster update for one player that's pointed out to them, you'd think that they'd fix other ones as long as the work is somewhat done for them..

It should probably be a separate thread, but whatever.
I'm going to start since I don't have anything better to do right now.
Since I follow the Q the most, I'll start there.
They ignore it more than the OHL and WHL, so there should be a boatload of mistakes.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Anyone want to create a list of roster mistakes (if one isn't already out there)?
I mean, if they will send out a roster update for one player that's pointed out to them, you'd think that they'd fix other ones as long as the work is somewhat done for them..

It should probably be a separate thread, but whatever.
I'm going to start since I don't have anything better to do right now.
Since I follow the Q the most, I'll start there.
They ignore it more than the OHL and WHL, so there should be a boatload of mistakes.

They are probably waiting to see how the AHL camps turn out so they can do the rosters for the CHL and AHL

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
They are probably waiting to see how the AHL camps turn out so they can do the rosters for the CHL and AHL
I don't know how much that'd change though..
The 92's that didn't get contracts go back to junior, the 92's with contracts go to the AHL save for the rare exception like Konrad Abeltshauser, all of the '96 rookies have already made their respective teams, and the 91's need to be removed.

Just went through Acadie-Bathurst's roster and it has to be the worst.
If they're all like this, this is going to be a pain.
22 changes need to be made; 11 additions and 11 subtractions.

TheOriginalSilf*

I've waited since release day for them to update before I start an offline Be a GM. I get that update tonight. I go to check the rosters.

Ottawa Senators:
Jesse Winchester
Matt Gilroy

"Are you ****ing kidding me?"

Ottawa 67's:
Marc-Anthony Zanetti
Tyler Toffoli

I give up. **** you, EA. So tired of this bull****. I'll stick to Madden where they ACCURATELY change their rosters every few days.

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
I've found out over the years that it's usually better to just wait for more than a few roster updates to be released if you're aiming for 95 percent of the rosters to be correct, with added players and updates, etc...

There are alternatives online like petrpuck and matt123, who I believe put it huge amounts of work to make the rosters as accurate and realistic as possible. I don't know if this year's PS3 version shares roster saves like previous installments have though...

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I've waited since release day for them to update before I start an offline Be a GM. I get that update tonight. I go to check the rosters.

Ottawa Senators:
Jesse Winchester
Matt Gilroy

"Are you ****ing kidding me?"

Ottawa 67's:
Marc-Anthony Zanetti
Tyler Toffoli

I give up. **** you, EA. So tired of this bull****. I'll stick to Madden where they ACCURATELY change their rosters every few days.

Easier to change a roster for one league.

for NHL they have to change a ton of them..

TheOriginalSilf*

Easier to change a roster for one league.

for NHL they have to change a ton of them..

So they didn't even take a crack at it? They added a total of ONE player. I'm sorry, but if you're not going to update your game then add the "Roster Share" feature that is used for NCAA Football.

NICKD

So they didn't even take a crack at it? They added a total of ONE player. I'm sorry, but if you're not going to update your game then add the "Roster Share" feature that is used for NCAA Football.

Its funny how NBA2k12/13 has this feature.

Why won't EA let us player edit. Its like everything is locked as compared to last year we are able to make more edits.

Or at least allow us to fix the contract length and salary. Just cause the NHL is locked out doesn't mean the game has to feel like it to. Which at this point it clearly resembles that.

Invictus146

Aug 21, 2010
Philadelphia
So been exploring NHL 13's GM mode. Obviously a little buggy but still a lot of fun. Anyone know if the game actually penalizes you appropriately for picking up the 35+ signed contract of a player who subsequently retires?

Bonus: Anyone been able to develop a young goalie? Just drafted a beast of one (6'7", 67 OVR, 4.5 potential) but based on the other young goalies around the league it seems like they just do not develop well at all. If it makes a difference this goalie not Canadian so he's going to have grow in the AHL

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Its funny how NBA2k12/13 has this feature.

Why won't EA let us player edit. Its like everything is locked as compared to last year we are able to make more edits.

Or at least allow us to fix the contract length and salary. Just cause the NHL is locked out doesn't mean the game has to feel like it to. Which at this point it clearly resembles that.

NHL 2k had Roster Share, it's awesome.

NHL 2k10 has a lot of "Current" Rosters updated, since you can virtually edit ANY player, including in Franchise mode.

NHL 13 is already dying for me, it's not fun.. too glitchy

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So been exploring NHL 13's GM mode. Obviously a little buggy but still a lot of fun. Anyone know if the game actually penalizes you appropriately for picking up the 35+ signed contract of a player who subsequently retires?

Bonus: Anyone been able to develop a young goalie? Just drafted a beast of one (6'7", 67 OVR, 4.5 potential) but based on the other young goalies around the league it seems like they just do not develop well at all. If it makes a difference this goalie not Canadian so he's going to have grow in the AHL

In my Cancuks Be a GM, I drafted a goalie named Antoine Bibeau first overall in 2014. 77 overall with 5 star potential! :yo: Haven't started the season yet, but I'm sure he will be an elite goalie.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Don't know why people are getting so hissy over the update. A lot of players can still move and they won't know for sure whose playing where until the 15th of October. If it annoys you so much change the players yourself.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
One of my posts from the EA forums

Sums it up pretty nicely.

Sums it up pretty terribly, actually.

First of all, the development team is putting in plenty of effort.

Secondly, EA makes this game to make money. They know better than anyone on these forums how much they should invest in the NHL series to reap the best return on investment. They're the only players in the market, so why should they waste money fixing inane things like trade logic in Be-A-GM (which is pretty inane) when it won't reap them much reward? The multi-billion dollars company that invests in focus groups, market research, and has mounds of data on gamers spending habits knows better than you what sells.

Thirdly, the majority of the people who buy the NHL series do not think like you. Most of them are casual gamers who play with friends, play online, and do season mode. If they play, Be-A-GM, they're certainly not fuming over idiosyncracies with the rosters, ratings, and trade logic.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Don't know why people are getting so hissy over the update. A lot of players can still move and they won't know for sure whose playing where until the 15th of October. If it annoys you so much change the players yourself.
Probably because they pushed out an update to add one 48 OVR two star potential player that should have been in the game when it shipped since he spent the whole season with the Oil Kings last year.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
the hitting from behind and goalie interference not being called is really bothering me. It does not get called 99% of the time.

NICKD

Roster Update From The DEV on the Ea Forums

We are legally unable to put players into the game until after they have played in one of the leagues we have in the game.

Having said that we are not always 100% perfect so sometimes players do slip through. If you know of any we are missing who have played in the leagues, and are currently playing in them, then let us know.

Pretty much sums it up and saying there will be no NHL updated Rosters this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad