***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
So I applied 3 consumables to Luca Sbisa, making him an 88 overall. After playing I game I go back to see that he's once again an 84 and all the consumables I used on him disappeared. Anybody else have a problem like this?

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
So I applied 3 consumables to Luca Sbisa, making him an 88 overall. After playing I game I go back to see that he's once again an 84 and all the consumables I used on him disappeared. Anybody else have a problem like this?

In HUT? Training only lasts for 1 game, so you may aswell just sell them

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Does anyone have any tips for defending against people online who only use players who are insanely fast?

The game favours speed so much that a player like Grabner can go end to end easily because the defensemen turn around so slow.

People have started realizing that fast players are ridiculously good because they can fly by everyone without being pokechecked. Now I keep running into people who use Raymond, Grabner, Cogliano, and Havlat so it's a pain in the ass trying to contain them.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It's not I saw a picture of Crosby and Kopitar, today I got Couture on waivers

People can do some pretty creative things to get the game do what they want. I've never seen one of those players on waivers and I've actually never even seen those players traded. The only time I've seen 80+ overall players put on waivers is if they have very high cap hits, low trade value and usually they're also having bad seasons.

The only real problem with waivers that I've had is teams will often throw a prospect you traded them on waivers and they'll be picked up if you had that player in the NHL. For example, I traded Dana Tyrell, Even McEneny (Prospect I had playing for me), another prospect and a first round pick to Phoenix for Aaron Ekblad and a 3rd line center, Phoenix immdietely put the 4 star 74 overall McEneny on waivers and he was promptly picked up. That's my only problem with waivers, teams won't think anything of throwing a valuable player on waivers if their overall is too low.

Does anyone have any tips for defending against people online who only use players who are insanely fast?

The game favours speed so much that a player like Grabner can go end to end easily because the defensemen turn around so slow.

People have started realizing that fast players are ridiculously good because they can fly by everyone without being pokechecked. Now I keep running into people who use Raymond, Grabner, Cogliano, and Havlat so it's a pain in the ass trying to contain them.

Stand still, spam poke check lol. Most people expect people to try to move to try to stop them, if you just stand your ground it usually surprises them, don't turn and hit the pokecheck, hit the poke check before they get to you.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
In HUT? Training only lasts for 1 game, so you may aswell just sell them

What? This wasn't the case in previous years, right? Wow, they're useless then. There's no point in getting prospects...

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
People can do some pretty creative things to get the game do what they want. I've never seen one of those players on waivers and I've actually never even seen those players traded. The only time I've seen 80+ overall players put on waivers is if they have very high cap hits, low trade value and usually they're also having bad seasons.

The only real problem with waivers that I've had is teams will often throw a prospect you traded them on waivers and they'll be picked up if you had that player in the NHL. For example, I traded Dana Tyrell, Even McEneny (Prospect I had playing for me), another prospect and a first round pick to Phoenix for Aaron Ekblad and a 3rd line center, Phoenix immdietely put the 4 star 74 overall McEneny on waivers and he was promptly picked up. That's my only problem with waivers, teams won't think anything of throwing a valuable player on waivers if their overall is too low.

Well I don't know how to do that stuff and I got Couture on waivers

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
One thing I HATE - those 'goals' that you have where your shot apparently hits the post, only the puck doesn't ping off and stops as if it went in the net. There's no 'ping' sound either so it makes you think it's a goal. Really, really irritating.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
One thing I HATE - those 'goals' that you have where your shot apparently hits the post, only the puck doesn't ping off and stops as if it went in the net. There's no 'ping' sound either so it makes you think it's a goal. Really, really irritating.

That just happened to me a few minutes ago. It was tied, late in the 3rd period, and I had it happen. It made it worse because I lost the game in overtime :cry:

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Another issue I have with online stuff - I know it's not 100% accurate, but going by the team logos that people have most people I match against are either playing from Canada or the Midwest. I have not played a single person with a Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Phoenix etc. logo in any of the games I've ever played. The closest I think has been the Stars and Avs.

The point? This means I get horrible lag every game which makes it feel like I'm playing in slow-motion.

It's something I hate in all EA sports games actually - let me match up with people in the region I choose! Implement some regional leagues! Unfortunately, EA have progressively shown they don't care about ping, going from numbers to colored bars to NOTHING to show what kind of ping you're getting to someone. It also hides any issues with their own infrastructure, so less money for them to spend.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Another issue I have with online stuff - I know it's not 100% accurate, but going by the team logos that people have most people I match against are either playing from Canada or the Midwest. I have not played a single person with a Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Phoenix etc. logo in any of the games I've ever played. The closest I think has been the Stars and Avs.

The point? This means I get horrible lag every game which makes it feel like I'm playing in slow-motion.

It's something I hate in all EA sports games actually - let me match up with people in the region I choose! Implement some regional leagues! Unfortunately, EA have progressively shown they don't care about ping, going from numbers to colored bars to NOTHING to show what kind of ping you're getting to someone. It also hides any issues with their own infrastructure, so less money for them to spend.

Most games do it even if they don't show you that they're trying to match you up with someone close to you. EA games definitely do this, if you check/ask where the people you playing with are from, unless you're from somewhere with hardly any people, you'll usually get someone near year you. Case in point why I haven't played someone from anywhere farther south than Philadelphia, farther east then Boston, farther west than Chicago, and farther North than Sudbury in I don't know how long.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Yeah, but personally, I don't want it to extend its search after it fails to find someone close by within 5 seconds. I would prefer to wait and play a game where my ping's decent rather than waste 20 minutes of my life playing out an exercise in utter frustration. Hence, I would like a hard option to specify where I want to search.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
In my Gm connected league, one guy traded McLeod and Stefan Elliot plus 2 or 3 first round picks to Dallas for Erikson, Goligoski and Glennie. Then Dallas puts Jamie Benn and Cody Eakin on waivers. wtf

Crazyalbo

May 30, 2011
Mahopac, New York
beat the 45th overall team today in eashl, and just won 2 games 8-0 and 19-0 lmao, other teams goalie had a meltdown after 11-0, 2 shutouts for me yeaa

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Stupidest thing happened to my GM connected league today. So at 6:30 pm our commish advanced the league, once the advancement was finalized all of us came online to play... At this time everybody's Xbox freezed. All 8 of us tried over 15 teams to get into the league and it froze, every time. Any other game mode would be fine, even other GM connected leagues would work. But for some reason, ours wouldn't. I have given up hope for the night. Hoping its better tomorrow. Anybody have this happen?

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
had a frustrating game last night. goalie makes the save and is covering, guys we are playing dives in front of him and swings stick on the ice and the puck popped free 3 times. frustrating.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
had a frustrating game last night. goalie makes the save and is covering, guys we are playing dives in front of him and swings stick on the ice and the puck popped free 3 times. frustrating.

I have no idea why they they've included that little feature in this game - if the goalie has the puck covered, he has it covered, and the play is dead. Why the hell would you let other players free that puck?

It's just dumb.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I have no idea why they they've included that little feature in this game - if the goalie has the puck covered, he has it covered, and the play is dead. Why the hell would you let other players free that puck?

It's just dumb.

Pretty sure they came out last year and said it was a glitch

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
On September 14th, the Edmonton Oil Kings tweeted this:
EdmOilKings RT if you think @EASportsNHL needs to make sure @NHL_Oilers 2nd round draft pick @MitchMoroz is included in their next roster update #NHL13
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/status/246838901736607744

..and ten days later, EA thought they'd finally address it:
EASPORTSNHL @MitchMoroz, sorry we missed this tweet. We're looking into fixing this ASAP. Stay tuned! (CC: @EdmOilKings @NHL_Oilers)
http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/250282640438083585

At least that may mean a roster update will be coming soon.

Scottrockztheworld*

Got the game yesterday, didn't get NHL 12.... this game is awesome! Love the skating as it gives it a very realistic feel.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.
LAK has put Kopitar on waivers in multiple BAGMs and GMCs for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad