***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think "nightmarish"would be the best way to describe my experience in EASHL.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that you can completely dominate a game and lose. For example, outshot a team 38-7, outhit them 20-3, and zone time was pushing 20 minutes last night...lost 3-2 in 2OT on a weak 5 hole wrist shot goal from the point. I guess that is like real life...

FIRST!

Leafs For Life*

Has anyone played thourgh some of the seasons and found a guy that was a steal in the NHL 13 draft?

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
:laugh:

Does anyone know how to get created players to show up in the draft for GM mode? I was told it worked, but when I created Seth Jones and put him in the WHL he didn't show up in GM mode.. what am I missing?
When you made the be a gm did you make sure to set rosters to current?
If you did, back out and go to roster movement and make sure that Jones is actually on the Portland roster.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
When you made the be a gm did you make sure to set rosters to current?
If you did, back out and go to roster movement and make sure that Jones is actually on the Portland roster.

I did.. I've tried it a couple times now and can not get it to work.

Did it work for you? I was starting to think they just assumed it was possible but didn't actually try it out. I really can't figure out why they're not showing up for me.. He is on Portland, his birthdate is right. Double checked everything.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Anyone know how to tell if all the players have completed their games on GM Connected?

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I did.. I've tried it a couple times now and can not get it to work.

Did it work for you? I was starting to think they just assumed it was possible but didn't actually try it out. I really can't figure out why they're not showing up for me.. He is on Portland, his birthdate is right. Double checked everything.

make sure his draft status says undrafted and his rights aren't owned by any team when you create him.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
make sure his draft status says undrafted and his rights aren't owned by any team when you create him.

This is the biggie. I made about 7 or 8 players who aren't yet in the game and put them in the game, and since I couldn't change the rights off Anaheim (Which I later figured out how, just click randomize on the biography screen when you're making the player then move the rights to "none"). None of them were in the game, I went about two seasons then noticed Jones was playing for Anaheim. I went to their roster and I noticed numerous very strong prospects that I had created on that team.

Wasn't that big a deal because none of them had developed anyway (Only Jones was above 75, and he was at 77). I guess the game has a secret attribute that effects how fast a player will develop. Shinkaruk always jumps to 85+ overall within 2 seasons but guys like Barkov and DeAngelo (2014) never develop.

I fiddled with the ratings, made both Barkov and DeAngelo 5 stars, Barkov 65 overall, DeAngelo 55 overall, hoping Barkov would develop quickly and DeAngelo would be up to 65 or so by his draft year. Not the case, in the 2017-18 season Barkov was only 74 overall and DeAngelo was only 57 overall. And of course by the time they reach 20 they have to play in the AHL and when you're that low an overall the game just puts in non-NHL contract free agents to take spots on your AHL team which ensures unless you micromange your AHL team (Very difficult to do with the high frequency of injuries), you can't get them ice time, which stunts the development of most of the high potential low overall players you draft.

Only notable guys who seem to develop quickly, MacKinnon, Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, and Shinkaruk. Everyone else doesn't start developing untill they reach the AHL and they don't develop big time there unless they have great seasons which is impossible (You can get them ice time but no chance they have a great season that skyrockets their overall) unless you play the AHL games to do it.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
I know it's not much of a big deal, but I managed to pull off the Datsyuk move during a HUT game. It was actually the game winner in the shootout after I blew a 4-1 lead :laugh:

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Have such a sexy goalie build right now at Veteran 2.
Can't imagine how good it's going to be like by the time I get my legend.

Edit: got Veteran 3, 4 wins from Superstar 1
Currently have all my boosts so keep that in mind.
Only mentioning attributes that matter

85 5 hole
87 glove high
85 glove low
86 stick high
86 stick low

87 rebound control
89 shot recovery

89 agility
88 speed
85 vision

Somehow leaves me at 74 overall..
It's.. beautiful

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Has anyone played thourgh some of the seasons and found a guy that was a steal in the NHL 13 draft?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a "steal", but two defensemen in the first draft that go fairly late (almost always in the second round) are Rasmus Raistolainen - someone who a lot of guys pick up really early the 2nd round and he's done really well for them, and me in my GMs.

The other is the Finnish Dman named Valkhonen -he develops at a much slower pace, but he's a great depth defensive Dman that could be a really valuable 2nd round pick. If you manage him properly, you'll have a stud shut down guy on your team for anywhere between 2-3.5 million; money well spent.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Is it me, or did EA screw up the waiver exemption rules? In my BeAGM, I have Mark Stone, who signed his entry level deal when he was 19 years old. By the 2013-2014 season, he is no longer exempt from waivers, even though he's 21 years old and has only played about a dozen NHL games, and a total of around 80 professional games. According to this site: http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-waiver-rules/waiveelig/

a player like Mark Stone would only have to go through waivers if he's 23 years old or if he's played 160 NHL games. Am I missing something?

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Is it me, or did EA screw up the waiver exemption rules? In my BeAGM, I have Mark Stone, who signed his entry level deal when he was 19 years old. By the 2013-2014 season, he is no longer exempt from waivers, even though he's 21 years old and has only played about a dozen NHL games, and a total of around 80 professional games. According to this site: http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-waiver-rules/waiveelig/

a player like Mark Stone would only have to go through waivers if he's 23 years old or if he's played 160 NHL games. Am I missing something?

EA screwed up every aspect of Be a GM this year. So far I've seen Crosby, Kopitar, Eric Staal and Couture put on waivers. It baffles me how they managed to make an already broken game mode even worse.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
EA screwed up every aspect of Be a GM this year. So far I've seen Crosby, Kopitar, Eric Staal and Couture put on waivers. It baffles me how they managed to make an already broken game mode even worse.

This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.

It's not I saw a picture of Crosby and Kopitar, today I got Couture on waivers

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm not sure why everyone is experiencing these waiver problems.

I've never seen anyone go through waivers any higher than 82 overall (and they were old if they were)

And even in NHL 12 I never had that Free Agent problem where elite players would be in the FA.

I must be doing something wrong(right?)...

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
There are SO MANY little things that still haven't been fixed for 4 years since they brought in the new be a gm mode. 1st year, EVERY DAMN TEAM has a full roster throughout the whole year. I drafted a guy in the 6th round and traded him right when free agency started for a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick...a guy with 2 star potential. My biggest pet peeve of all, too many stars are getting traded left and right. Selanne, St. Louis, Doan, etc should all retire with the same team. They should make it like fifa where each player has a "trait" in this case, these players would be considered "One club players". EA still doesn't understand the point of the trade deadline...there should be a "buyer/seller" list. a 1st place team doesn't trade it's best player for crap.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

I've never seen anyone go through waivers any higher than 82 overall (and they were old if they were)

And even in NHL 12 I never had that Free Agent problem where elite players would be in the FA.

RFA's usually lasted the whole year unsigned.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Same. Highest I saw was Mathieu Darche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino