***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.

It depends on what level you're playing too. I've seen no such high profile players on waivers. I think the best player I've seen going through waivers was Leopold.

Im in 2024 and I've yet to see an unsigned RFA either. Something they definitely fixed.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I'm usually the last guy in the world to complain about video games. I've only recently started getting editions each year, since the online component is so fun and no one's playing NHL12 online when 13 is out.

But I was extremely disappointed with NHL13. There's just some things they can and should do with it that are so easy (based on other EA Sports games).

#1 - Create A Team.
In the NCAA Football game, you can create a team ONLINE and then import it into the game. This allows you to quickly do all the uniforms instead of searching for your color 36 times to do the gloves and pads.

And you can upload your own logo and name them WHATEVER YOU WANT. Why can you name your club teams whatever you want, but not in the game?

At least let us swap/add AHL teams and their logos/unis in the NHL.

You're also limited to a 23-man roster in Create-A-Team. Why can't I put everyone who's PHX property onto the Quebec Nordiques (err, I'm sorry, they have to be the Quebec City Nijnas or whatever).

And the only mode you can actually use created teams in is basically "SEASON."

#2 - Realignment
Realignment is definitely a hot topic in the NHL. Give us the ability to set up a league how we want it.

We should be able to pick our number of teams (18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, or 36), our number of conferences (1-4)/divisions (1-4), and put those teams where we want them; and set the schedule to a number of options.

If you can do NCAA realignment with 120 football teams and various division alignments, you should be able to do it with the NHL.

There should be a League Configuration screen at the start of EVERY GAME MODE. Options on importing created teams, picking your alignment and the schedule.

How many more people would play GM Connected if you could get rid of PHX, FLA, CBJ, NASH, etc., and move CAR back to HART, add HAM, QUE, SEA, etc to the league and actually play all the game modes with your city involved?

#3 - Be A Pro
-- MLB The Show (yes, I realize this isn't an EA game) lets you name players what ever you want, but also has announcer name fields. If your created players names (first and last) are on the master lists, the PA and Play-by-Play announcers will say it.

-- It claimed that the ice time was more realistic. Yet, I'm still averaging 4 long shifts a game because the gate isn't open when it should be. It keeps calling me for a change when I'm on the PK and in my own zone. I'm not giving up a 5-on-3 to hit the bench, then we clear and it's closed and you can't get off the ice. And of course, then they're be times where my shift starts on a face-off, the puck is frozen after two seconds and I'm back on the bench.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
All in all the gameplay is great....but the simulation in PS3 of the Be a GM days off is painful. Takes me about 10 minutes or more to sim from when I am done free agency (July 20) to start of preseason in mid-September.

Extremely painful.

Is Xbox the same?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I'm usually the last guy in the world to complain about video games. I've only recently started getting editions each year, since the online component is so fun and no one's playing NHL12 online when 13 is out.

But I was extremely disappointed with NHL13. There's just some things they can and should do with it that are so easy (based on other EA Sports games).

#1 - Create A Team.
In the NCAA Football game, you can create a team ONLINE and then import it into the game. This allows you to quickly do all the uniforms instead of searching for your color 36 times to do the gloves and pads.

And you can upload your own logo and name them WHATEVER YOU WANT. Why can you name your club teams whatever you want, but not in the game?

At least let us swap/add AHL teams and their logos/unis in the NHL.

You're also limited to a 23-man roster in Create-A-Team. Why can't I put everyone who's PHX property onto the Quebec Nordiques (err, I'm sorry, they have to be the Quebec City Nijnas or whatever).

And the only mode you can actually use created teams in is basically "SEASON."

#2 - Realignment
Realignment is definitely a hot topic in the NHL. Give us the ability to set up a league how we want it.

We should be able to pick our number of teams (18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, or 36), our number of conferences (1-4)/divisions (1-4), and put those teams where we want them; and set the schedule to a number of options.

If you can do NCAA realignment with 120 football teams and various division alignments, you should be able to do it with the NHL.

There should be a League Configuration screen at the start of EVERY GAME MODE. Options on importing created teams, picking your alignment and the schedule.

How many more people would play GM Connected if you could get rid of PHX, FLA, CBJ, NASH, etc., and move CAR back to HART, add HAM, QUE, SEA, etc to the league and actually play all the game modes with your city involved?

#3 - Be A Pro
-- MLB The Show (yes, I realize this isn't an EA game) lets you name players what ever you want, but also has announcer name fields. If your created players names (first and last) are on the master lists, the PA and Play-by-Play announcers will say it.

-- It claimed that the ice time was more realistic. Yet, I'm still averaging 4 long shifts a game because the gate isn't open when it should be. It keeps calling me for a change when I'm on the PK and in my own zone. I'm not giving up a 5-on-3 to hit the bench, then we clear and it's closed and you can't get off the ice. And of course, then they're be times where my shift starts on a face-off, the puck is frozen after two seconds and I'm back on the bench.

#1. You can select your favorite colors so you don't have to always find them

#2 I believe you can already do that before you start the season.. Not that it matters anyway since the arenas are all the same

#3 You can do that with last names..

KevFu

May 22, 2009
#1. You can select your favorite colors so you don't have to always find them

#2 I believe you can already do that before you start the season.. Not that it matters anyway since the arenas are all the same

#3 You can do that with last names..

#1 - Yeah, you can add your favorite colors to a palette, but have you ever done the Team Builder online in NCAA Football? It takes about 1/7th of the time as NHL.

#2 - Only in season mode on PS3 that I can see.

#3 - I've yet to hear any form of my name said, and it's not like there aren't Kevin's in the NHL.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
#1 - Yeah, you can add your favorite colors to a palette, but have you ever done the Team Builder online in NCAA Football? It takes about 1/7th of the time as NHL.

#2 - Only in season mode on PS3 that I can see.

#3 - I've yet to hear any form of my name said, and it's not like there aren't Kevin's in the NHL.

1. I don't play NCAA so I don't really know how their team builder works. Not that it matters much anyway since it's probably one of the NHL's least used features

3. When you create a player, have you looked through the list of names? I'm about to hop on the game now. I'll check it

KevFu

May 22, 2009
1. I don't play NCAA so I don't really know how their team builder works. Not that it matters much anyway since it's probably one of the NHL's least used features

Yeah, it's least-used because you can't DO ANYTHING with them.

The BOH forum on this board is jammed full of people expressing a desire to relocate PHX, FLA, NASH, CAR, TB, ANA, CBJ.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
All in all the gameplay is great....but the simulation in PS3 of the Be a GM days off is painful. Takes me about 10 minutes or more to sim from when I am done free agency (July 20) to start of preseason in mid-September.

Extremely painful.

Is Xbox the same?
The Xbox is far more reasonable if you install the game to the hard drive. I've simmed through entire seasons, and offseason, in like 20-25 minutes... give or take.

That's part of the reason I got the 360 over the PS3. Being able to install all my games to the HDD is a lifesaver sometimes.

Last edited:

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah, it's least-used because you can't DO ANYTHING with them.

The BOH forum on this board is jammed full of people expressing a desire to relocate PHX, FLA, NASH, CAR, TB, ANA, CBJ.

The last 5 make me wonder if people know what they are talking about.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Buffalo_Sabres_30_MILLER_blue.jpg

They took them out of the game? :(

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
The Xbox is far more reasonable if you install the game to the hard drive. I've simmed through entire seasons, and offseason, in like 20-25 minutes... give or take.

That's part of the reason I got the 360 over the PS3. Being able to install all my games to the HDD is a lifesaver sometimes.

The PS3 installs all games to the HDD.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Can't wait for tomorrow's roster update.

Can't bring myself to create every single CHL rookie, especially that I wouldn't know how to set their attributes accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia