***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
But who wants to waste their time shadowing those guys? They're the same ones that will exploit everything they can and kill any semblance of hockey.

I haven't played more than 5 EASHL games this year and won't look back. The other game modes are far more satisfying.

There is no exploiting if you play 6v6. Or at least there is less of it if you play with human goalies, which I do.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
You know, I really wish my club could figure out how to have successful AI in eashl. I play in net, and when we do 6v6, I usually average 90%+ save percentage, but if we have an AI defense, the AI does nothing but stand there while the opposing forwards get an average of 4 breakaways per game, making it hard to stay above 80% save some games. The other team's AI defensemen are always like Pronger on steroids too, which is really damn annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a strategy to having non-retarted AI that every club except mine seems to have figured out?

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
You know, I really wish my club could figure out how to have successful AI in eashl. I play in net, and when we do 6v6, I usually average 90%+ save percentage, but if we have an AI defense, the AI does nothing but stand there while the opposing forwards get an average of 4 breakaways per game, making it hard to stay above 80% save some games. The other team's AI defensemen are always like Pronger on steroids too, which is really damn annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a strategy to having non-retarted AI that every club except mine seems to have figured out?
Forecheck = Towards Neutral Zone (Full NZ if you really don't want breakaways)
Neutral Zone forecheck = 1-2-2 Redline or 1-4
Defensive Zone pressure = Depends on team logo*

If your team logo uses Collapsing, you can use Puck Side Attack or High Pressure without much drawback. The AI dmen will try to hit the puck carrier if he tries to cut inside (the Pronger on steroids) when he enters the zone, but he will generally maintain position in front of the net when the opposing team is set up in the zone.

If your team logo uses Staggered, use Standard or Puck Side Attack. On Puck Side Attack, the dmen will try to hit the puck carrier, but you run the risk of him chasing when they're set up in the zone. The more conservative Standard will generally let the opponents walk into the zone, but you're less likely to see the AI dmen chasing.

If your team logo uses Tight Point, use Defend Lead or Contain Puck. This is a complete catch 22 because Standard or higher and your AI are going to be chasing like crazy, which opens up the slot if your humans aren't covering it. The drawback to using a conservative pressure is that the AI dmen won't even try to stop the opponents from walking to the front of the net.

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends
CHL Prospects Red (Star, Dollar Sign, Viking, Spider, Scorpion, Piranha, Ninja, Chess Piece)

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
CHL Prospects White (Barracuda, Kicking Horse, Bobcat, Beaver, Mining Equipment, Diamond, Crazy Guy, Honda)

Last edited:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

If your team logo uses Collapsing, you can use Puck Side Attack or High Pressure without much drawback. The AI dmen will try to hit the puck carrier if he tries to cut inside (the Pronger on steroids) when he enters the zone, but he will generally maintain position in front of the net when the opposing team is set up in the zone.

If your team logo uses Staggered, use Standard or Puck Side Attack. On Puck Side Attack, the dmen will try to hit the puck carrier, but you run the risk of him chasing when they're set up in the zone. The more conservative Standard will generally let the opponents walk into the zone, but you're less likely to see the AI dmen chasing.

If your team logo uses Tight Point, use Defend Lead or Contain Puck. This is a complete catch 22 because Standard or higher and your AI are going to be chasing like crazy, which opens up the slot if your humans aren't covering it. The drawback to using a conservative pressure is that the AI dmen won't even try to stop the opponents from walking to the front of the net.

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends
CHL Prospects Red (Star, Dollar Sign, Viking, Spider, Scorpion, Piranha, Ninja, Chess Piece)

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
CHL Prospects White (Barracuda, Kicking Horse, Bobcat, Beaver, Mining Equipment, Diamond, Crazy Guy, Honda)

Thanks for the help on that, I'll definitely change some stuff up, hopefully that helps.

Although I'm somewhat confused about the whole logo thing. The jersey logo actually changes AI? Wierd. My team is using a custom jersey (with the knight logo if that matters), what category would that fall under? (Or am I just completely misunderstanding that part?)

Edit: or am i being completely trolled and not knowing?

Last edited:

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
I hate to be that guy, but can you prove this? Is this just a theory you have or have you noticed this in the EASHL?

Aug 6, 2012

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg

:help:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks for the help on that, I'll definitely change some stuff up, hopefully that helps.

Although I'm somewhat confused about the whole logo thing. The jersey logo actually changes AI? Wierd. My team is using a custom jersey (with the knight logo if that matters), what category would that fall under? (Or am I just completely misunderstanding that part?)

Edit: or am i being completely trolled and not knowing?
I don't know what the Knight logo falls under (you can probably check in NHL 12 EASHL if you still have it).

The default AI strategies are attached to your team's logo choice and use the same strategies as their NHL (or other) counter-parts. For example, if your team uses a Canucks logo, you'll have the same default AI strategies as the Canucks.

This has been the case for at least NHL 11, 12, and 13 in EASHL and HUT (though, admittedly, I haven't played HUT this year).

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't know what the Knight logo falls under (you can probably check in NHL 12 EASHL if you still have it).

The default AI strategies are attached to your team's logo choice and use the same strategies as their NHL (or other) counter-parts. For example, if your team uses a Canucks logo, you'll have the same default AI strategies as the Canucks.

This has been the case for at least NHL 11, 12, and 13 in EASHL and HUT (though, admittedly, I haven't played HUT this year).

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That's definitely interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Wow.

Bought the game on release day, now, I can't start a new Be-A-GM/Be-A-Pro.

Won't stop freezing sometime during the preseason. **** that ****. I'm done with EA.

Next generation of consoles is due sometime around late 2013/early 2014 anyway (and I'm not buying the new one).

Leafs For Life*

Has anyone done a run-through the GM Connected by theirselves and can you tell me which players are the best to turn out??

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This game is damn near unplayable head to head online. Every single poke check is a penalty, and the lag is unbearable.

Leafs For Life*

Huberdeau, Klimchuk

I traded up to 1st overall=
baby_fist_success_full_1_.jpg

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Anton Zlobin has turned out very well for me, and I know a few others have had similar success. 85 overall and has 90+ in most offensive stats. Regularly puts up a PPG.

Radiojock

Nov 21, 2012
Calgary, AB
NHL 13 for 48 Hrs Straight for Charity? C'MON!

Still have a few GM slots open for what will be a CRAZY weekend, December 15th/16th as we try to zip through a full 82 game Season in 48 Hours or Less, all the while raising money for Child's Play (Children's Hospitals all over North America!)

Anyone want in? Think "Desert Bus for Hope", with hockey Sticks.

Website HERE

The more the Merrier, but be warned... it'll be pretty grueling!

/XBL only, unfortunately! Sorry PS3'ers, no one wanted to organize that Leg.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
When will there be a roster update? I want prospects such as Jones, Barkov, Brodin and as a Flames fan Sieloff. Also I want prospects currently in AHL to be able to be moved to the AHL without becoming a FA in Be a GM. This is getting really annoying. in the last 3 months pretty much all they have done is add Mitch Moroz to the Edmonton Oil Kings...

Leafs For Life*

When will there be a roster update? I want prospects such as Jones, Barkov, Brodin and as a Flames fan Sieloff. Also I want prospects currently in AHL to be able to be moved to the AHL without becoming a FA in Be a GM. This is getting really annoying. in the last 3 months pretty much all they have done is add Mitch Moroz to the Edmonton Oil Kings...

He's in though..

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
I just turned off Auto Back Skating and it's like a whole new game. (For those of you still living with the default, go to Controller Settings and fix it NOW)!

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Any advice on trading in this game? I feel like it's impossible to make decent trade even when looking at the trading block.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Any advice on trading in this game? I feel like it's impossible to make decent trade even when looking at the trading block.

Make sure the value bars are equal or slightly in the opponents favor.
Think to yourself "would I accept this deal if I was the other team?".
If you're trying to trade for a player who isn't on the block, you'll have to overpay by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad