***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If that's the case, you might as well go back to 2k8 with a much better advanced control scheme and goaltenders. However, its AI isn't as good as 2k10. 2k9 I felt was overall one of the weakest entries in the 2k series. Make sure you check 2khockey.net/forums for updated rosters for both 2k8 and 2k10.

You're right, I was actually thinking of 2k8, rather than 2k9.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
NHL2k8 just came in the mail today! I can give you guys a review once I play it for a little while.

JumboThornton92

May 20, 2010
Atlantic Canada
Can any of you guys answer me this question:

What was the earliest NHL Game, where in GM or Franchise mode, computer controlled team's players gained XP and progressed, not just your own.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
selling this game once my gm connected seasons over, last hockey game i buy for awhile what a piece of garbage

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON

How come?

They've messed up quite a few things in rosters like:

- Draft pick ownership. I went to start a season as Columbus to see that they didn't have any of the 1st they traded for this past season.

- AHL rookies/players. No Justin Schultz.

- CHL rookies/players. No Tyler Biggs for Leaf fans.

- Overseas signings need to be updated, too.

Aug 6, 2012
How come?

They've messed up quite a few things in rosters like:

- Draft pick ownership. I went to start a season as Columbus to see that they didn't have any of the 1st they traded for this past season.

- AHL rookies/players. No Justin Schultz.

- CHL rookies/players. No Tyler Biggs for Leaf fans.

- Overseas signings need to be updated, too.

Shows the great effort of EA... Games been out for months and still really outdated rosters.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Wow.

Playing along and all of a sudden 'disc is unreadable'. Take the game out, a slight hairline crack. This is ********, this is the SECOND time it's happened, so now I have 2 ****** discs that won't play this game.

I've had it.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Probably more your fault than the game's.

Mitch

I don't get how though, it never leaves my console. It baffles me because i've been careful with games and taking them out since I got my xbox years ago, now all of a sudden i've had 2 break in the last 2 months.

The cracks on both discs are just tiny tiny hairline cracks that must have eventually worked itsway out.

Jacob8hockey*

I don't get how though, it never leaves my console. It baffles me because i've been careful with games and taking them out since I got my xbox years ago, now all of a sudden i've had 2 break in the last 2 months.

The cracks on both discs are just tiny tiny hairline cracks that must have eventually worked itsway out.

Its the xbox, send it in a for repairs if you feel like you can go 2-4 weeks without it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Have you been moving the console while the disk is still in it (like bringing it to another room or whatever)?

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Its the xbox, send it in a for repairs if you feel like you can go 2-4 weeks without it.
I don't even know how worth it is to even send in, it's a first generation xbox and I want to get a new one anyways when the price drops around christmas.

Have you been moving the console while the disk is still in it (like bringing it to another room or whatever)?

Na, it stays in my living room. After these shenanigans I laid it horizontal instead of keeping it vertical (let's hope it doesn't eat up anymore games)

Thanks guys

Milan the God*

Anybody have any tips for passing?

I'm not bad at this game or any previous EA NHL games. Last year my record was something like 135-60-15 or something like that. This year I'm actualy doing pretty good still, EASHL wise and Online Versus (although I do play a lot less).

The only thing I can't get down is my passing. Any type of passing. Stretch passes bounce off the sticks. Short passes completely miss the player. Two on ones usually miss. I used to have passing down really well in when to hold down RT and when to just tap it. Now I can't for the life of me.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Anything with pass assist in this year's game drives me bonkers, especially after you look at the replay and see that you were aimed exactly where you wanted it to go, but for some reason, it went 10 feet to the right :shakehead

Not to mention pass assist deciding, no, you didn't want to pass to the open guy in the slot, you wanted to make a 50-foot, cross-ice, saucer pass through 3 defenders to a guy who is behind the blue line :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad