***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wow. I just turned off Pass assist and auto back skating, the game feels way better. You'd think pass assist would help, but I never miss passes when I have it off and my passes seem worse when it is on.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They did pretty well with the CHL rosters (as they should have 2 months late). Potential ratings were changed for a lot of players and are pretty good for the most part (couple head scratchers). Some ratings changes.

Drouin and Grigorenko snipers?

Artem Sergeyev needs his contract with TB.

Seth Jones is reallllllly dark.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
New roster update! I love you EA!!

Get ready to hate them again. Instead of moving them to the AHL, they removed all the guys who graduated from the CHL from the game.

I applaud that they added and updated some prospects, but this is just pathetic.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not home right now so I can't check out the new rosters. Anyone have any updates on player ratings? I'd love to hear how they've rated guys like McDavid and Jones.

I hear that some players are basically removed from the game, CHL players that have graduated but obviously aren't on their NHL rosters. What you can do is add these players to a created team, which won't effect the new rosters, then you can transfer them to their appropriate clubs after you download the new roster.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not home right now so I can't check out the new rosters. Anyone have any updates on player ratings? I'd love to hear how they've rated guys like McDavid and Jones.

I hear that some players are basically removed from the game, CHL players that have graduated but obviously aren't on their NHL rosters. What you can do is add these players to a created team, which won't effect the new rosters, then you can transfer them to their appropriate clubs after you download the new roster.

McDavid's 56 overall Playmaker with 4.5 star potential. Probably could use a boost in puck control and passing.

Jones' 60 overall TWD with 4.5 star potential.

Guys like Rielly, Huberdeau, Grigorenko, Danault, and a few other highly touted players got increases as well.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006

Drouin - 59
McDavid - 56
Matteau - 59
Jones - 60

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nick Cousins only has 2.5 star potential. Should be at least 3.5 considering the others that were given out. Kucherov 4.5 stars?!?!?

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Don't have access to Xboxlive at school, have they updated the AHL rosters to include college players that have started. As a Pens fan I would like to start a Be A Pro with Bennett, but have yet to be able to.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't have access to Xboxlive at school, have they updated the AHL rosters to include college players that have started. As a Pens fan I would like to start a Be A Pro with Bennett, but have yet to be able to.

No AHL update yet.

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
Allow me to give you a quote from EA about this topic,

If nothing else, just set the CPU strategy adjustment slider to minimum and the AI shouldn't adjust.

I'm not talking about momentum after scoring a goal. Even if the game is tied, goalies seem to lose IQ points in the last three minutes of the game and in overtime.

Overtime especially. I can't count the amount of times I've shot a week backhander from the blueline in over time and it just trickles in.

Online BTW.

Mitch

JumboThornton92

May 20, 2010
Atlantic Canada
So EA did good by updating the CHL to current rosters

but

EA did bad buy erasing the guys who graduated on to the AHL

so

EA must be planning an AHL update?. Thats arguably something they haven't done much of before.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

but

so

EA must be planning an AHL update?. Thats arguably something they haven't done much of before.

They already have it done, or partially done. They showed screenshots of Granlund on Houston (before he got hurt) for the stupid simulation they're running.

Mhoogasian94123

Where did EA put Sven Bärtschi?

I did the update on the game via EA, but now I can't find him. Please help me out?

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
He is gone, EA didn't update the AHL roster, so since baertschi is only exist on Portland and is no longer on that team, he no longer exists

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
"If an item does not appear in our records, it does not exist!"

Yes, I went through the effort to insert a barely related star wars reference.

Mhoogasian94123

He is gone, EA didn't update the AHL roster, so since baertschi is only exist on Portland and is no longer on that team, he no longer exists

That sucks. The weird thing was that I did a fantasy draft and he was there as a 68 ovr. I missed out on drafting him. That's why I'm freaking confused as to why I can't find him.
Thank you for answering my post.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

but

so

Licensing issues.

Those players were previously being used in the game under the CHL license. When they updated the CHL rosters, they were no longer allowed to to use them under the CHL license since they're no longer in the CHL.

Players in the AHL have to sign their PHPA union agreement before their names and likenesses can be used for media purposes (including games like NHL 13) under the AHL/PHPA license.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Players like Bartschi were previously being used in the game under the CHL license. When they updated the CHL rosters, they were no longer allowed to to use them under the CHL license since they're no longer in the CHL.

Players in the AHL have to sign their PHPA union agreement before their names and likenesses can be used for media purposes (including games like NHL 13) under the AHL/PHPA license.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Anyone have any insight as to why the roster updates don't "take" for new GM Connected modes?

Obviously they can't be worked into existing leagues, but I'm surprised that you can't use them for new ones--particularly since the game gives the option to toggle current / default rosters (a choice which doesn't appear to do anything).

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Players like Bartschi were previously being used in the game under the CHL license. When they updated the CHL rosters, they were no longer allowed to to use them under the CHL license since they're no longer in the CHL.

Except Bartschi's played in the NHL.. so, according to EA, he's part of the NHLPA and therefore should have automatically been put into the game on the AHL team; I asked them about that a year ago or so.. yet, Bartschi's not in the game, Brandon Saad isn't.. it's all crap anyways. If you can use a players likeness while their in the CHL, why wouldn't you be able to once they jump to the AHL? You've already used their likeness in previous games/rosters (or what they pass as likeness; they can't even get ethnicities right on some players, nevermind handedness, hair colour, etc.).

getzforfighting*

why is william karlsson a draftable player in this? he was drafted by the ducks last year but still appears as a prospect in be a gm. makes my blood boil

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Except Bartschi's played in the NHL.. so, according to EA, he's part of the NHLPA and therefore should have automatically been put into the game on the AHL team; I asked them about that a year ago or so.. yet, Bartschi's not in the game, Brandon Saad isn't.. it's all crap anyways. If you can use a players likeness while their in the CHL, why wouldn't you be able to once they jump to the AHL? You've already used their likeness in previous games/rosters (or what they pass as likeness; they can't even get ethnicities right on some players, nevermind handedness, hair colour, etc.).
No, Bartschi played in the NHL on an Emergency Recall basis, which does not make him part of the NHLPA.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=620990&navid=DL|CGY|home
CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today that they have called up forward Sven Baertschi on emergency recall from the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League.

“Sven had an impressive training camp with us this year and legitimately could have been part of our opening night roster,” said Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. “We elected to send him back to Portland prior to the start of the season because we did not project him spending the entire season in Calgary. In light of the way Sven has performed this season in the WHL, and given our current injury situation, we feel Sven is the right player to be recalled to Calgary at this time."

Baertschi, a native of Langenthal, Switzerland, is coming off a week that saw him score eight goals and two assists for 10 points and a +4 rating in four games which earned him WHL Player of the Week honours for the third time this season. In 47 games this season, Baertschi has scored 33 goals along with 61 assists which puts him in the top ten scoring leaders in the WHL despite missing 19 games.

http://www.fightingforstanley.ca/ca...i-from-portland-of-the-western-hockey-league/
With the Flames absolutely decimated with injuries, Jay Feaster made an interesting move on Wednesday recalling Sven Bartschi from the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League. This option only became available due to the unique circumstances surrounding the current state of injuries on the Flames. On Monday the Flames recalled three players from Abbotsford on an emergency recall which did not cause the Flames to have to burn any of their remaining post deadline recalls. Bartschi will have to be sent back down to Portland when two of the Flames injured players return.

Saad played as a junior. Age 18 and 19 players who were returned to Major Junior and have played 11 or fewer games are not officially part of the NHLPA. Saad was previously used under the CHL license.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
why is william karlsson a draftable player in this? he was drafted by the ducks last year but still appears as a prospect in be a gm. makes my blood boil
If you're playing offline, send him to Norfolk and select Anaheim as his Pro Team.

If you're playing GM Connected (which, as far as I'm aware, they aren't using this roster for GMC yet), you're boned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino