NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I love playing/beating Christmas Noobs.

Just blew one out 9-0. :)

It's time to turn to a new game now though. :)

Billy Mays Here*

To think I was gonna pay 24k for Mike Green a couple days ago when I just found 2 for 14k each. Only need one though.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Looking for SOTW Scheiffle, Murphy and Miller on 360. If anyone is willing to sell them for pucks, PM me please!

4thlinegrinders

Apr 16, 2012
Vancouver
having fun with this team, injured about 8 players so far

Sotw George Parros-Max Lapierre-Sotw Mike Brown
Brandon Prust-Zenon Konopka-Chris Neil
Matt Kassian-Zac Rinaldo-Ryan Reaves
Paul Bissonette-Zack Stortini-John Scott

Theo Peckham-Matt Carkner
Andy Sutton-Milan Jurcina
Shane O'brien-John Erskin

Ray Emery

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
having fun with this team, injured about 8 players so far

Sotw George Parros-Max Lapierre-Sotw Mike Brown
Brandon Prust-Zenon Konopka-Chris Neil
Matt Kassian-Zac Rinaldo-Ryan Reaves
Paul Bissonette-Zack Stortini-John Scott

Theo Peckham-Matt Carkner
Andy Sutton-Milan Jurcina
Shane O'brien-John Erskin

Ray Emery

Who scores the goals? :P :yo:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I just played Madden Ultimate Team for the first time, and I have to say it's miles ahead of HUT. The trading block is such an obvious feature that HUT left out the last couple of years. There are multiple versions of every player. At first, I didn't really think this was a great idea, and I thought it was confusing to say the least, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. It also adds to the variety of players. Another huge plus to Madden is the variety of game modes within the mode(if that makes sense). There are TONS of different single player options, and even more online ones.

The biggest advantage Madden has over HUT is the collection system. There are over 300 different collections to complete. Each team has their collection of all of their players, but there's also an "end of the year" collection where 10 key players from each team need to be collected. This makes the price of a seemingly average card skyrocket because everyone wants to complete that collection. The reason everyone wants to complete collections leads me into my final point; the reward for collections. In HUT, you get a couple thousand pucks for collecting the entire team of NHLers(which takes quite a bit more pucks than that). Depending on the difficulty of the collection(how many players it takes to complete and how common those players are), the reward changes. There are quite a few that give you 75,000 coins plus a pack of cards plus a special rare card for completing it. I've been thoroughly addicted to it the last couple of days. It's so rewarding to complete a big collection and just roll in the coins. I don't like football nearly as much as hockey, but I've never been this captured by an NHL game. I hope that the NHL team takes a few pages out of their book(ESPECIALLY THE DIFFERENT COLLECTIONS!!).

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Think I'm gonna ditch the idea of going for SOTW players and just make a top line of Parise - Giroux - Kovy. Got Suter for 4k but I'm still looking for a Mike Green as well as the three forwards I just mentioned. They need to be untouched or at least relatively untouched (less than 20 games played).

I thought players can't be retired this year, why does it matter how many games played?

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Got up early this morning and there were some nice steals on the market

I picked up Nash for 17K, Duchene for 12K, Marleau for 14K, Thornton for 9K, Grabner 1K and Pominville for 800 pucks. Probably the best I've ever done on the market.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA

I picked up Nash for 17K, Duchene for 12K, Marleau for 14K, Thornton for 9K, Grabner 1K and Pominville for 800 pucks. Probably the best I've ever done on the market.

Yea, I snagged a couple too. Always nice when the huge player packs are running and the market is flooded. Buy low, wait for market stabilization, sell high =)

Finally got my team to a point where I can save/play the market for super-elite upgrades now. Very content!

Zetterberg(C)/Kesler(A)/Nash
Couture/Pavelski(A)/Marleau
Vermette/M. Richards/Grabner
Neal/Dubinsky/SOTW Clutterbuck

Phaneuf/Burns
Keith/E. Johnson
Suter/Subban

Vokoun/Niemi

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
i pulled a rinne last night. is he worth keeping over SOTW lehtonen? right now my goalies are SOTW Lehtonen and Hasek. i will also rotate vokoun in there every so often when the game decides to not count a game i played and i end up with both goalies fatigued.

in other words, if anyone is interested in rinne or sotw lehtonen, make me offers.

i'm on 360.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Would you guys say there's much of a difference between Lethonen and his SOTW? I've been using Varlamov and Subban, and they have both been very solid for me, but I've heard great things about Lethonen and wanted to know what you guys think before I invest 10-40K in a goaltender.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
I think I made my best deal ever... Bought LA Gretzky for 55k BIN, now I'm trying to sell him for 130k (lowest price on the market). Thanks iPhone app :laugh: Seriously, the app's pretty good, BINs are faster to find and everything.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Update trading block:
-PK Subban
-Kronwall
-Luongo
-Horton
-Perry
-Nuge
-Carlson SOTW
-Hedman
On PS3

Edit: Also looking for karlsson , chara if any1 is interested in players above

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Looking for an opinion on the prices I paid for these guys, bargain, fair price or overpaid? I play on PS3 if it matters.

All are commons, no training or captain tag applied or anything.

Jose Theodore (550) (Figuring this is a bargain... he's got 84 OV and goalies who only have 1 or 2 points more go for at least 5-6 times more... now my starter over Grumet-Morris, so big improvement at least on paper. )

Ryan Ellis (1200) (Won a bidding war here.)

Ryan Malone (1000)

Brian Gionta (850, now my best RW, team changed to St-Louis)

Michael Del Zotto (2300) (When I saw it, it was sitting there at 2250 with 15 seconds left... I had 2336 pucks in the bank with no time to quick sell some cars to get more... bet 2300 thinking there was NO WAY I'd get it...and it went through! I'm figuring some guy is gonna come back to the game after dinner and he's going to be PISSED he's lost! MDZ is now my best D.)

ROBERTSMITH

Mar 24, 2011

I'll trade you 2k for Grabner? You make a 1k profit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad