NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Picked up SOTW Pavelski over the weekend and switched him to center. I've heard good things about him and his faceoff abilities so I pulled the trigger. Sold my regular Pavelski for a 7K profit over what I originally paid a month ago, so that was nice. Moved Carter to RW and here is my current lineup:

Parise - SOTW Pavelski - Carter
P. Kane - Bergeron - Pominville
Benn - Zajac - SOTW Callahan
Ott - Ruutu - SOTW Clutterbuck

SOTW Hamhuis - Burns
Suter -Doughty
J. Johnson - E. Johnson

Lehtonen
Howard

All 99 Chemistry

My 4th line is the Bone Cruncher line. They hit like freight trains and play good defense, but eventually I'm going to be switching out Ott and Ruutu for Landeskog and Koivu. Not sure who I'm giving the C now that Callahan is on the third line. I might just stick it on Parise and make him a super stud. Also, I have bought packs with real money but I've regretted it almost every time. The only decent player I've pulled from packs on this team is Benn. Everyone else was acquired from working the market. Hopefully I've learned my lesson about buying packs and what a waste of pucks/money they are. I'm going to be upgrading things here and there, but that's pretty much my lineup for now.

CIROfresh

Oct 3, 2012
Your Basement
Sooo i came home from party on Saturday night all licked up and jumped into HUT13...

spend like 40k buying players i jus wanted to "try-out"

spend like 25 bucks buying packs- best card i got was glencross
felt serious remorse the next moring, not so much the dollar value. i jus hate the idea of the clowns at EA getting more of my hard earned money.. as they must be making a killing off the game format..

morale of the story.. Dont play hockey wasted.. Dont give these shmucks anymore of your dough... that is all..

Shroomtastic71

Mar 19, 2012
NYC/CT
Sooo i came home from party on Saturday night all licked up and jumped into HUT13...

felt serious remorse the next moring, not so much the dollar value. i jus hate the idea of the clowns at EA getting more of my hard earned money.. as they must be making a killing off the game format..

morale of the story.. Dont play hockey wasted.. Dont give these shmucks anymore of your dough... that is all..

They really screwed up the packs lately. Now if I get a gold prem pack, there will literally be no rare player, and they will all be 80 or under. How is that even remotely fair? It used to never be that bad. And since my wins count as loses and I don't get pucks, it's just making me lose interest altogether and makes it that much harder to get pucks now. EA doesn't seem to care at all.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
They really screwed up the packs lately. Now if I get a gold prem pack, there will literally be no rare player, and they will all be 80 or under. How is that even remotely fair? It used to never be that bad.

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't understand logic like this. I've seen people in the last little bit pull SOTW Backstrom and SOTW St Louis and Ovechkin (just on the Ps3, mind you). The players are still being distributed, they didn't screw up anything. Your luck is just evening out, it seems.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada

:laugh: Only time I ever spent MSP on HUT cards was when I was liquored up too.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So has the thread been updated and all comments removed? Looks like it.

I was having trouble quick replying but now I can.

On a HUT note, does anybody have Lombardi(perferably not in a Leafs uni) or Grabner.

I also need a bunch of specific Change Team cards.

Dmd

Oct 10, 2012
Just spent the best 35 k of my hut career on Shea webber 6 points in 2 games hits hard and has a incredible shot 3 goals already

Aug 6, 2012
Tavares (SNP) - Zetterberg (PLY) - Perry (TWF)
Lucic (PWF) - Kopitar (PLY) - Semin (SNP)
Marchand (TWF) - Stoll (TWF) - Simmonds (TWF)
Ott (GRN) - Helm (TWF) - Neil (GRN)

Kronwall (TWD) - Pietriangelo (TWD)
J. Johnson (OFD) - E. Johnson (DFD)
Vlasic (DFD) - Subban (TWD)

SOTW Brodeur (G)
Jimmy Howard (G)

What do you guys think? Anything I should consider changing?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, it looks like Skinner got 1st Star of the Week on the EA Simulation. 2nd Star was Jagr and 3rd Star was Ovi. It'll be interesting to see who the remaining SOTW are for this week considering there should probably be a Thanksgiving/Black Friday Deal Pack in a few days.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada

SOTW Brodeur (G)
Jimmy Howard (G)

I'm guessing Vlassic/Subban doesn't get you 99 chemistry huh? I'd consider upgrading on Vlasic for a TWD.

CALudwig

Oct 5, 2012
Anybody looking to trade Towes on PS3. Cant purchase outright but I have a fairly deep roster and 700+ players and 150+ jerseys in my collection so if there is anything obscure you need I might have em. Not looking for a SOTW Towes as the last one I saw go up was around 500k.

Number1SensFan

Jun 26, 2012
Would it be wise to wait to sell PS3 Eberle on the weekend? Just bought him for 22K. Saw somebody on here say they saw him go for around 40k. Was that recently?

towelie power

Apr 26, 2007
Vancouver

SOTW Brodeur (G)
Jimmy Howard (G)

Personally I like a bit more speed on the wings, but I guess it depends on your playing style. Overall it looks pretty solid to me.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
People are way overpricing Lombardi. All the ones up on PS3 are from $6-$9K, it's terrible. I was going to bid on one that was at $1,550(BID)-$4.500(BIN) and it was bought for $4.5K. I only had $3.6K... -.-

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Just spent the best 35 k of my hut career on Shea webber 6 points in 2 games hits hard and has a incredible shot 3 goals already

I wish I could get one for 35k. Cheapest on PS3 is around 50. Trying to fill my top RD spot with him or Myers but the prices are way too high right now, I'm waiting it out.

Latz

Sep 24, 2012
I have so many change team cards.

Whats the best chemistry for Dman pairing? i have EJ and JJ at OFD and DFD, but Burns with McDonaugh and its not too high. and Boyle with Vlasic and even those 2 arent great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad