NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
@VanCanucks Congrats to n00bxQb on the promotion to GM and President! #Heyboss #Canucks

xxOPPNOOBZxx

#ProduceForKing
Mar 24, 2012
Ontario
Moved yotes to my town, as the London Renegades.

First trade: Mike Smith to leafs for Kadri + Scriver (leafs back-up, can't spell his name.

The way I did things, had me end up with sabres roster pool.

Lines (sorry if I miss spell names):
Vrbta-Hazal-Kadri
Boedker-Lagwand-Starts with a K
Schwartz-Griggs-Blake
Torres-Gordon-Biznasty

Morris-Yandle
OEL-forget his name
for get his name-forget his name

Labarbra
Allen

went 3-0-1 in pre-season with all entertaining games. Only lost came to sens in a physical game.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
:flyers

Roster

Hartnell - Giroux - Briere
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
Fedotenko - Couturier - Read
Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

Coburn - Pronger
Meszaros - Timonen
Schenn - Kubina

Bryzgalov
Leighton

News

I made one trade right off the start to get my feet wet in the new trading system. Probably not the best deal but the Flyers don't have any guys with decent potential in the system.

To Columbus:

LW Brendan Ranford (unsigned rookie)
LW Jody Shelley
2016 2nd round pick

To Philadelphia:

D John Moore (74 overall, 22 years old, 4 star yellow potential)

Moore is a Top 2 minor league defenseman right now. He played the entire season on the Phantoms top line, finishing with 11 goals, a team leading 39 assists, totaling for 50 points which was tied for 3rd on the team. However he finished the regular season at -12. Through 6 games in the playoffs Moore has 0 goals, 5 assists and a +5. I'll report how much growth he has at the beginning of next season.

Simmed the entire regular season. We finished with a record of 42-31-9, passing my expectation of 40 wins. Finished 5th in the Eastern Conference. Defeated the Ottawa Senators in the first round 4 games to 2. Got matched up in the semi finals against the Carolina Hurricanes, again eliminating my opponent in 6 games. Right now I'm up 1-0 against the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals. The Phantoms finished with a record of 40-29-7, good enough for 7th seed in the conference. Swept the Binghamton Senators in the first round. The Phantoms are now tied a game apiece in the semi finals with the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins. I will either post a short update after the playoffs or wait and post a long one including the offseason. Let me know what you guys think. Any opinions on the team, changes I should make, etc. will be welcomed.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Sounds like the CPU is too willing to trade top prospects...

Yeah it's pretty weird. On my trade, Columbus was willing to give up Moore and they wanted Ranford and the 2nd round pick but I had to throw in Shelley to stay under the max roster size. While I was looking through potential trade partners I can remember off the top of my head that Minnesota is willing to trade Granlund and Dumba and Montreal is willing to trade Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Thrower.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Really liking GM connected so far, even though it's slow and the app is f'd.

Trades i've made with CPU so far in random roster league...

Jets get:
Peverly
Dallas get:
Tanguay and a 3rd.

Jets get:
BOS 1st round pick
Boston get:
Horcoff (can't believe i got a 1st for that contract).

Jets get:
Pavelec
Chicago get:
Kiprussoff (he's terrible).
A. Kostitsyn
2nd rounder.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Also, is the defenseman with all the same attributes as Arturri Lehkonen (name, heigh, weight, number) supposed to be him? I thought he was a forward.

HR67

Apr 28, 2012
I think I may have bought a dud game or perhaps I am just totally incompetent. I have tried starting a BE A GM season multiple times now with Current Rosters, Default Rosters and Draft Day Rosters as the setting and it still loads with Yakupov, Murrey, Reinhart etc... in the scouting pool/scouting central for the 2013 draft. I thought the draftees might be in the contracts screen if I simmed further on but no, I had to go through the entire season to the 2013 draft and low and behold, these players were eligible and drafted by other teams. Is anyone else having this problem? Can it be resolved by changing a setting? Or should I be demanding my money back?

*This is for XBOX 360.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Playoff Recap

Finished the playoffs and here's the recap.

The Flyers went on to beat the New York Rangers in 7 games to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. We would meet the San Jose Sharks in the Finals. The Flyers got out to a 3-1 series lead and had a chance to win the cup on home ice in game 5 but they suffered a heartbreaking loss and the series moved back to San Jose for game 6. Game 6 was a intense game that wouldn't be settled in regulation. During overtime both teams were trading chances and had the fans on the edge of their seats. The Flyers were relentless on the forecheck all game long and it paid off big time in OT. Claude Giroux intercepted a pass in the Sharks zone and passed it over to Danny Briere for a snapshot on the low glove side past Antti Niemi to win the cup! The Philadelphia Flyers are your 2012-2013 Stanley Cup Champions! Ilya Bryzgalov was named the Conn Smythe winner. Captain Chris Pronger went to center ice and the celebration began. What a successful first season for the new Flyers GM. The Phantoms were in a playoff run of their own. They defeated the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins in 6 games to move on to the conference finals in a matchup against the Hershey Bears. The Phantoms didn't have much trouble with the Bears, eliminating them in 5 games to reach the Calder Cup. They would meet the Chicago Wolves in the finals. This series went all the way to 7 games. The Phantoms took control in game 7 and ended it in non dramatic fashion winning the Calder Cup. Captain John Moore was presented with the the cup and celebrated with his team.

Award Winners:

Stanley Cup: Philadelphia Flyers
Calder Cup: Adirondack Phantoms
Presidents Trophy: Pittsburgh Penguins
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: San Jose Sharks
Prince of Wales: Philadelphia Flyers
Art Ross: Jason Spezza
Hart Memorial: Daniel Sedin
Norris: Christian Ehrhoff
Lady Byng: Daniel Sedin
Calder: Braden Holtby
Conn Smythe: Ilya Bryzgalov
Vezina: Ilya Bryzgalov
William M. Jennings: Lundqvist/Brodeur
Bill Masterton: Robyn Regehr
Frank J. Selke: Pavel Datsyuk
Ted Lindsay: Ilya Bryzgalov
Maurice Richard: Simon Gagne

I'm headed into the offseason now and will make a post about it later.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Sounds like the CPU is too willing to trade top prospects...

Ya.. Its pretty easy to get like D Hamilton, Granlund, Galenchuck, Krieder, Gaunce, Murray, teams basically give them away like I did something like Paul Martin + 3rd for Hamilton, you just have to give teams players/picks they want from you.

Teams are also willing to do the opposite with veterans like Iginla, St. Louis, Alfredson, and some others and will basically take crap for them.

I found that its really hard to pry players not listed in red away from teams like I needed to give up Barker, Morrow, and 3 1st to get Ryan Sutter both of these players were "wanted" by Minnesota.

I havent tried to steal away picks from teams who want to "give" them away, but I have found a wanted lower pick can suddenly throw a lopsided trade over the top :laugh:

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
I edited a TON of prospects before I started. I just hate seeing yakupov and company still playing in the ohl when In real life they would be in the NHL. Btw I play all games.

Paches-DD-Cole
Gally-Plek-Gio
Bourque-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-White-Moen

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Kaberle Boullion

Price
Budaj

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Anyone has signed Antti Roppo as a FA here ? This guy is a pure gem with those rosters... First season in the NHL and he's a little bit over the PPG (82 points in 79 games)... I wanted to sign him but Tampa Bay beat me. :(

My current line-up for the 2014-2015 season :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Collberg**
E. Kane - Eller - Nyquist
Kristianssen* - Bolland - Glencross
K. Beach - R. White - Prust

Pulock - Subban
O. Eklund* - Gorges
Emelin - Tinordi

Price
Engren*

*Some random FA signings I made
**Created him. Think I overpowered him though... 85 overall and leads the league in goals and points as a rookie. :laugh:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hopefully this topic doesn't become too dead because of GM connected. I really liked reading about peoples teams on 12.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think I may have bought a dud game or perhaps I am just totally incompetent. I have tried starting a BE A GM season multiple times now with Current Rosters, Default Rosters and Draft Day Rosters as the setting and it still loads with Yakupov, Murrey, Reinhart etc... in the scouting pool/scouting central for the 2013 draft. I thought the draftees might be in the contracts screen if I simmed further on but no, I had to go through the entire season to the 2013 draft and low and behold, these players were eligible and drafted by other teams. Is anyone else having this problem? Can it be resolved by changing a setting? Or should I be demanding my money back?

*This is for XBOX 360.

Download the newest roster update, and then start a new Be a GM.

At the options for rosters, make sure that you select "current" so that the game loads the newest roster update. In that roster, the newest draftees (Yakupov, Murray, etc) will be on their respective teams.

At this point you can either start at the 2012 draft or start at the regular season. Either way, the latest draft class should end up on their team.

NOTE - In the recent update, some of the newest prospects have also seen their potentials increase. (Morgan is a 4.5 star green potential D-man).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How many games do people actually play in the GM modes? Or do you sim them all?

I generally go for a 60-20 split.

60 simmed games means that I'm leaving the majority of the season to the simulation engine, which dictates whether or not I'm doing a good job as a GM.

Playing all the games doesn't really prove how good you are as a GM; just proves that you are good against AI controlled teams in an artificial setting.

In seasons where my team is a cup favorite, I generally try and sim all of the games of the season to see how they end up doing.

Different people prefer different methods - just remember though, this is Be a GM; in order to assertain how well you are as a GM as it relates to your understanding of the simulation engine in NHL 13, then you should probably be leaving most of your games to simming.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Injuries seem to happen every game. Can't turn them.off either

If you are playing Be a GM mode, then you can turn injuries off in the settings. I normally leave injuries on until I have about 4 or 5 guys off my main roster injured before I go in and change it to shut them off (5 injuries normally equals 3 roster changes + 2 call-ups, which is enough).

Anyone else notice European prospects going to FA? I starte a Be a GM and Armia and Teravainen both got signed by Phoenix.

If you can figure out how to find them in the player list, then you can go into the "Creattion Zone" and go to "Edit Player", and when you get to that particular player you can change that player's draft class, draft team, and year.

Example - for Teravainen, find him presumably playing for Jokerit in SM-liiga (the team he was playing for before he was drafted). Find him in the creation zone, and then edit him to make the following changes:

Draft team - Chicago Blackhawks
Draft class/year - 2012

That should ensure that once the game loads, that he ends up with the Blackhawks.

EDIT - If it doesn't work, I remember from NHL 12 that if you moved the draft class a year before (2011 before 2012) then sometimes it would work as well.

Same goes for Armia:

Draft team - BUffalo Sabres
Draft year - 2011

Should be found: SM-liiga, playing for Porin Assat

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Guys I skipped 12 cause I thought the Beagm sucked and the game was awful...

Money's tight for me only get 3 or 4 games per year...

Is it worth it to shell out 80$ for the game ?

And is it 80$ CDN ?

Depends.

If you are a big hockey game fan, then grab it. Considering you didn't get 12, then perhaps you aren't.

Keep in mind there are a ton of other titles coming out over the several weeks - Halo, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Borderlands 2. If you are a gamer, then there's tons of titles out there that I would argue would be $ better spent for someone in your shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad