NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Anyone have the same problem as I do.

I offer players 8 year contracts. They accept. I go to watch the contracts and it says they only have ONE year contracts?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Anyone have the same problem as I do.

I offer players 8 year contracts. They accept. I go to watch the contracts and it says they only have ONE year contracts?

Yup, this has happened to me before. Usually only with guys who are NHL/AHL tweeners or career AHlers though, which isn't all that upsetting to me.

Ralphy*

shl-26

SHL ALL-STAR FESTIVITIES

The SHL All-Star weekend began today, and the San Antonio Outlaws are once again well-represented, though this year only C Steven Stamkos and D Ryan Murray have made the team.

However, the team sits first in the league with 77 points and a record of 37-9-1-2.

The Western standings as of the All-Star game are as follows:
TEAM|POINTS
San Antonio Outlaws|77
Anchorage Alpines|70
Winnipeg Zephyrs|47*
*leading division, but would otherwise not even be in playoff spot currently.

The Eastern standings are as follows:
TEAM|POINTS
Quebec City Lions|61
Buffalo Cougar|61
Tampa Bay Barracudas|59

The top scorers in the league thus far are:
TEAM|PLAYER|GOALS|ASSISTS|POINTS
Anchorage Alpines|Daniel Sedin|27|29|56
Albuquerque Blazers|Ryan Getzlaf|17|34|51
San Antonio Outlaws|Steven Stamkos|24|25|49

Also of note, San Antonio Outlaws RW Martin St. Louis leads the league in assists with 35.

Futhermore, Sven Bartschi has recently suffered a nine-week upper body injury, and will miss quite a few games for Gordon Bombay's San Antonio Outlaws.

To combat this loss, and add an upgrade to the regressing Jan Mursak, Bombay has made a trade with the Chicago Wildcats.

The Outlaws sent:
Prospect Juuso Ikonen,
Prospect Christopher Clapperton,
and a 2016 3rd Round Pick

to Chicago for:
Martin Havlat

Adding an experienced talented winger to his team just further improves the Outlaws' chances of finishing high in the standings again this year, and potentially having them take a second-straight Stanley Cup.​

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Jonathan Huberdeau(84) - Nicklas Backstrom(88) - Jakob Silfverberg(84)
Jonathan Drouin(84) - Matt Duchene(86) - Brad Boyes(81)
Shane Prince(82) - Zack Smith(82) - Mika Zibanejad(82)
Kaspars Daugavins(79) - Logan Fisher(79) - Andre Petersson(78)

Luca Sbisa(88) - Erik Karlsson(90)
Aaron Ekblad(85) - Cody Ceci(83)
Jared Cowen(82) - Jonas Junland(81)

Robin Lehner(86)
Mikko Koskinen(79)

Thoughts on my roster? 2015-2016 season.

Brendino

Jan 29, 2007
Shamouti Island
Just finished my third season at the helm of the New Jersey Devils, losing to the eventual Stanley Cup Champion Toronto Maple Leafs in the semi-final. The Leafs notably have 45-year old Teemu Selanne returning for his 25th NHL season (the next oldest player still active is Sami Salo at 41, who is Nashville's 7th defenseman). I defeated the Los Angeles Kings for the Stanley Cup in the 2013-14 season, and had Martin Brodeur, Bryce Salvador, Patrik Elias and deadline rental Jaromir Jagr retire immediately following it, causing an overhaul to my roster the last two off-seasons.

Some of the more notable pick-ups over the last two years included the Sedins, who both went to Free Agency in the 2014 off-season. Daniel had as many as 7 other offers on the table, but I managed to sign both to identical 5-year, $42.5 million contracts. And after the retirement of Brodeur, a package that included Keith Kinkaid and Alex Urbom was shipped to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Jonathan Bernier, who was named the Devils new starter.

Ilya Kovalchuk has won the Art Ross trophy in three consecutive years, notching 104, 112 (in 71 games) and 93 point seasons. He also won the Richard Trophy this past year, scoring 60 goals while playing with the Sedins. After the retirement of Bryce Salvador, he was named the 11th captain in team history, with Adam Larsson and Adam Henrique being named his assistants.

The only notable prospect in our organization is Aaron Ekblad, who we managed to steal at 4th overall in the 2014 Draft (currently at 83 overall and a 4.5 star potential). He was scheduled to be on the main roster this year, but a combination of a pre-season injury and being stuck on the second pairing led me to returning him to juniors for one more season. Both Greene and Oduya's contracts will be expired after this year, which will leave Ekblad with a free roster spot to fill.

2015-16 New Jersey Devils Roster
:devils
LW | C | RW
#22 Daniel Sedin (91)|#33 Henrik Sedin (91)|#17 "C" Ilya Kovalchuk (91)
#14 "A" Adam Henrique (82)|#19 Travis Zajac (83)|#12 Mattias Tedenby (78)
#11 Stefan Matteau (82)|#10 Jay McClement (78)|#15 Jaden Schwartz (82)
#23 David Clarkson (79)|#25 Derek MacKenzie (75)|#16 Jacob Josefson (78)
|#20 Ryan Carter (74)

LD | RD
#5 "A" Adam Larsson (85)|#7 Cam Fowler (84)
#6 Andy Greene (80)|#28 Michael Sauer (84)
#29 Johnny Oduya (80)|#2 Jonas Junland (79)
#9 Peter Harrold (74)|#34 Matt Irwin (74)

G
#35 Jonathan Bernier (84)
#1 Atte Engren (78)

Retired Numbers
#3 Ken Daneyko
#4 Scott Stevens
#26 Patrik Elias
#27 Scott Niedermayer
#30 Martin Brodeur
#68 Jaromir Jagr

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Lucky, I had Iggy ask for 7M when he was only an 83 overall at that point...

UFAs are always asking for stupid money, like 80 overalls asking for 4 million and such. I guess my players really like it in Ottawa!! :nod:

Ralphy*

UFAs are always asking for stupid money, like 80 overalls asking for 4 million and such. I guess my players really like it in Ottawa!! :nod:

That's a good attitude! :laugh:
You should take a picture (even if it's crappy) of the jerseys. I love customizing teams and love to see other's work!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I will tomorrow, as I'll for sure be playing.

Are they as good as the jerseys for our club? :naughty:

Jonathan Huberdeau(84) - Nicklas Backstrom(88) - Jakob Silfverberg(84)
Jonathan Drouin(84) - Matt Duchene(86) - Brad Boyes(81)
Shane Prince(82) - Zack Smith(82) - Mika Zibanejad(82)
Kaspars Daugavins(79) - Logan Fisher(79) - Andre Petersson(78)

Luca Sbisa(88) - Erik Karlsson(90)
Aaron Ekblad(85) - Cody Ceci(83)
Jared Cowen(82) - Jonas Junland(81)

Robin Lehner(86)
Mikko Koskinen(79)

How the hell did Sbisa get to 88 overall? The highest I've seen him get is 85, did he have a really good year?

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Sbisa was an 85 when I got him(season 2), jumped to an 87 the next season, and now he's at 88.

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Ottawa Senators - 37

:sens SENS PRIMED FOR PLAYOFF PUSH :sens
September 29, 2014

i
i
i

Jason Spezza (left) returns for his second year as captain, while Chris Neil (center) retains the 'A', and Erik Karlsson (right) takes on the 'A' for his first year

OTTAWA SENATORS LINE-UP
Milan Michalek (84) - Jason Spezza (88, C) - Phil Kessel (89)
Jakob Silfverberg (80) - Kyle Turris (83) - Mika Zibanejad (81)
Nikita Filatov (80) - Frederik Gauthier (81) - Kristian Huselius (81)
Kaspars Daugavins (78) - Zack Smith (79) - Chris Neil (77, A)
Austin Smith (77), George Parros (68)

Jared Cowen (83) - Erik Karlsson (89, A)
Keith Seabrook (79) - Sami Salo (83)
Mark Fayne (79) - Eric Gryba (78)
Marc Methot (76)

Craig Anderson (82)
Robin Lehner (76)

Line-Up Notes
-Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek have a new linemate for the third year in a row, this time with pure sniper Phil Kesssel on the right
-Jakob Silfverberg and Mika Zibanejad will once again flank Kyle Turris
-Dangerous scorerr Nikita Filatov will line up with rookie Frederik Gauthier and golden oldie Kristian Huselius
-Kaspars Daugavins looks to solidify his spot on the 4th, with hard-hitters Zack Smith and Chris Neil
-Former Dallas Stars prospect Austin Smith and heavyweight George Parros will round out the forwards.

-Jared Cowen continues to build chemistry with new alternate captain Erik Karlsson
-Originally a Sen's draft pick, Sami Salo starts on the second pair, with Keith Seabrook
-Mark Fayne and Eric Gryba look to form a defensively-solid and reliable pair
-Vetern Marc Methot has been demoted to the 7th defenseman, after playing on the 1st pair in his first year and on the 3rd his second

-Top Prospect Robin Lehner will join Craig Anderson, forming Ottawa's goalie tandem

It's a whole new year. We're confident that we'll make it to the playoffs this year, and it's anyone's game once the post-season starts.​
- Captain Jason Spezza​

BINGHAMTON SENATORS LINE-UP
Matt Puempel (67) - Broc Little (76) - Mark Stone (76)
Jeremy Morin (71) - Peter Regin (76, C) - Tom Wilson (73)
Lubomir Zherdev (60) - Mark Letestu (76) - Stefan Noesen (66)
Stephane Da Costa (73) - Zenon Konopka (72) - Ty Bilcke (56)
Charles Hudon (58)

Dylan McIlrath (76) - Cody Ceci (78, A)
Marek Kudrna (75) - Mark Borowiecki (76)
Patrick Wiercioch (73, A) - Mathew Dumba (70)
Mike Lundin (74)

Alex Auld (75)
Ben Bishop (73)
Daniel Altshuller (56)

NHL TRADES
Detroit Red Wings acquire: LW Erik Cole
Dallas Stars acquire: 2016 1st (DET)

GM Ken Holland continues to give up draft selections in exchange for pieces ready to contribute to a Cup win as soon as possible.

----------
Up Next: Home Opener

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Ottawa Senators - 38

:sens OTTAWA TAKE ON CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO :sens
October 5, 2014

7844972.bin

Former Sen Marian Hossa celebrates his hat-trick with his Blackhawk teammates

In their home opener and first game of the season, Canada's capital played host to the dominant Chicago Blackhawks.

First Period: Erik Karlsson opened the scoring late in the period, beating Corey Crawford with a slapper. Patrick Kane then scored on the powerplay following a Kyle Turris tripping penalty. Marian Hossa followed up with a goal less than 2 minutes later.

Second Period: The Sens scored the only goal in the period, when Turris streaked past Brent Seabrook, and wrapped the puck around Crawford to tie it up.

Third Period: The Sens jumped ahead once again, with goals from Milan Michalek and Mika Zibanejad. Chicago's head coach Joel Quenneville then yanked Crawford, and Hossa struck again with 52 seconds remaining. With the Blackhawks winning the draw, their goalie skated to the bench one more time, and Hossa completed the hat-trick with 14 seconds left.

Overtime solved nothing, and when the shootout came, Kane and Jonathan Toews beat Robin Lehner, while Crawford stopped both Karlsson and Phil Kessel.

Even though they're a good team, there's no reason why we couldn't have won that. We're good too, and the only way we're going to win the Cup is by being able to beat everyone.​
- Alternate captain Erik Karlsson​

----------
Up Next: October & November Recap

GodTukka*

So does the AI turn up the difficulty as you win more like older games?

I'd hate to play through a season just to breeze through it

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Ottawa Senators - 39

:sens INCONSISTENCY IS THE STORY FOR THE SENS :sens
December 1, 2014

512x.jpg

Jakob Silfverberg celebrates his first career hat-trick

NOTABLE EVENTS
-Jakob Silfverberg scored a hat-trick against Niklas Backstrom, eventually winning 6-5 over the Wild in the shootout
- the first Sen short-handed goal of the year was obtained by rookie Frederik Gauthier, who also had his first multi-goal night against Kent Simpson and the Bruins
-the Desert Dogs were shut-out by Robin Lehner in a 3-0 victory, with another 2 goals from Gauthier
-the Bruins scored 5 goals in the first, and Lehner was yanked. Craig Anderson allowed 3 goals in the second, and Lehner was reinserted, allowing another 2 goals in a 1-10 loss
-free-agent signing Phil Kessel had 4 goals and 2 assists in an 8-1 win over the Flames
-Anderson had a 45-save night, in a 4-3 shootout win over the New York Islanders

-Kessel is tied for second in goals, with Patrick Kane and Gabriel Landeskog, who are all 2 goals behind sophomore Duck Valeri Nichushkin (18)
-Jared Cowen leads the league in PIMs, 4 ahead of Jets defender Jacob Trouba (71)
-Cowen is also third in league hits, behind Travis Hamonic (106) and Brent Seabrook (103)

We've had off nights, where the team just isn't taking the game seriously enough. It's not championship-worthy.​
- captain Jason Spezza​

STAT LINE
Record: 13-12-2 (28 points)
Division: 3rd
Conference: 9th
League: 18th
Goals: Phil Kessel (16)
Assists: Jason Spezza (22)
PIMs: Jared Cowen (75)
+/-: Milan Michalek (+9)
Shots: Phil Kessel (103)
Hits: Jared Cowen (101)

NHL TRADES
Dallas Stars acquire: C Daniel Catenacci, D Jerome Gauthier-Leduc
Buffalo Sabres acquire: C Michal Handzus

----------
Up Next: December & January Recap

Jonteeh

Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
2015-2016 season with Panthers!

Jonathan Huberdeau (87) - Alex Galchenyuk (90) - Pavel Datsyuk (95)
Francouise Geadreu (82) - Patrick Kane (88) - Hunter Shinkaruk (81)
Mika Zibanejad (80) - Ryan Callahan (83) - J.T Miller (80)
Niklas Lasu (78) - Andrew Shore (78) - Bud Holloway (78)

Seth Jones (84) - Morgan Reilly (87)
Zach Bogosian (85) - Dimitry Kulikov (86)
Erik Gudbranson (82) - Jordan Leopold (84)

Miikka Kiprusoff (88)
Jakob Markström (85)

I got a lot of talent in AHL and CHL. John Gibson that i can call up when Miikka retires and Grigorenko, Zucker, Howden, Brodin, McDavid and a couple of other decent young guys!

Galchenyuk scored on his rookie season 41 goals to win the both "Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy" and "Calder Trophy", Datsyuk have won 2 straight "Art Ross Trophy" and Miikka 2 straight Vezina and MVP.

At the current season Kane is leading the league in goals with 23, Huberdeau second with 22, Datsyuk tied third with 20 goals and Galchenyuk fifth with 17.
Galchenyuk is leading the league in points with 56 in 39 games and Datsyuk 1 point behind him.

Ralphy*

shl-27

SAN ANTONIO OUTLAWS WIN PRESIDENT'S TROPHY

Despite some major injury problems this season (including top line LW Sven Bartschi out for 9 weeks), the San Antonio Outlaws finished first in the SHL with a record of 54-20-7-1 for 116 points.

The President's Trophy winning Outlaws faced the 8th-seeded Albuquerque Blazers in the first round, knocking them out in a thrilling 7 game series, winning game 7 with a score of 1-0.

Here are the other first round playoff results:

WEST:
1. San Antonio Outlaws vs. 8. Albuquerque Blazers: San Antonio wins 4-3
2. Anchorage Alpines vs. 7. Houston Titans: Anchorage wins 4-3
3. Baltimore Eagles vs. 6. Vancouver Vandals: Baltimore wins 4-0
4. Edmonton Stallions vs. 5. Calgary Vipers: Edmonton wins 4-2

Now, the Outlaws will play the Edmonton Stallions while the Alpines will play the Eagles. Should be some good match-ups there as the top 4 seeds all made it to the 2nd round.

EAST:
1. Buffalo Cougars vs. 8. Atlanta Aces: Atlanta wins 4-3
2. Quebec City Lions vs. 7. Springfield Blades: Springfield wins 4-1
3. Tampa Bay Barracudas vs. 6. Toronto Grizzlies: Tampa Bay wins 4-0
4. North Bay Cosmos vs. 5. Ottawa Dynamos: North Bay wins 4-2

With the Barracudas playing the Aces and the Cosmos playing the Blades, it should be a solid 2nd round in the East as well.

Ralphy*

shl-28

OUTLAWS THROUGH TO WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR

After winning last year's SHL Stanley Cup, the President's Trophy winning San Antonio Outlaws are on to the Western Conference Finals after beating the Edmonton Stallions 5-4 in OT of game 7 to win the series 4-3.
The rest of the playoff matches were as follows:

WEST:

1. San Antonio Outlaws vs. 4. Edmonton Stallions: San Antonio wins 4-3
2. Anchorage Alpines vs. 3 Baltimore Eagles: Anchorage wins 4-2

The Outlaws and the Alpines will now square off in a battle to determine one half of the Stanley Cup Finals.

EAST:

3. Tampa Bay Barracudas vs. 8. Atlanta Aces: Atlanta wins 4-3
4. North Bay Cosmos vs. 7. Springfield Blades: North Bay wins 4-1

So, after a terrific off-season last year, the North Bay Cosmos find themselves in the Eastern Conference Finals with a chance at the Stanley Cup Finals.

Ralphy*

shl-29

OUTLAWS LOOK TO TAKE SECOND STRAIGHT SHL STANLEY CUP

The San Antonio Outlaws were able to overcome the Anchorage Alpines in the third-straight 7 game series for the Outlaws this off-season. Game 7 was on 4-2 with the GWG going to captain Erik Karlsson. The Outlaws will now play for the Stanley Cup for the second straight year.

However, during game 6, top line d-man and all-star Ryan Murray suffered a concussion, effectively ending his playoffs indefinitely. Also of note, this series marked the first time Henrik and Daniel Sedin played on opposing teams in the playoffs, with Henrik's San Antonio Outlaws beating out his brother's Alpines.

Here's how this round of the playoffs played out:

WEST:

1. San Antonio Outlaws vs. 2. Anchorage Alpines: San Antonio wins 4-3

EAST:

4. North Bay Cosmos vs. 8. Atlanta Aces: North Bay wins 4-1

North Bay continued their strong playoff performances and are now on to the SHL Stanley Cup Finals against the President's Trophy winning San Antonio Outlaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad