NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
You can unlock boost without playing online. :help:

Yeah, seems like I missed on some of the descriptions. :help:

EDIT: Although I've been reading about people unable to get pro boosts even when they complete the offline tasks.

Last edited:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Name: Ethan Harmon (not my real name creepers)
Height: 6'1
Weight: 195lbs
Shoots: Right
Team: Chicoutimi Saguenéens
Position: Center
Player Style: Power Forward
Overall: 70

Stats:
GP​
|
G​
|
A​
|
Pts​
|
+/-​
|
PIMS​
|
Shots​
|
Hits​
|
FO%​
|
PPG​
28​
|
33​
|
12​
|
45​
|
4​
|
69​
|
268​
|
75​
|
52.6%​
|
1.50​

Got bumped up to the first line 3-4 games ago, playing well over 20 minutes most nights. On the 1st PP and 1st PK units, 2nd shooter in the shoot out.

I played the 1st 10 games on Pro with EA's sliders. Averaged 2.29 Pts a game and like 15 shots, in the first 10 games I had 60 hits.

Fine tuned the sliders and I now average about 5 shots and 3-4 hits a game, much more realistic IMHO. I also dropped my PPG from 2.29 to 1.22 still a good pace and averaged out to 1.50 in 28 games. If I continue at this rate I will have around 94 points as a 16 year old. If I can manage more which I think I can I might be able to break the 100pt mark.

If you'd like to see/use my sliders go here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=36948035#post36948035

Anyone know if your height/weight go up as you get older? I know drafted prospects in BaGM do... Hoping they do or I'll be a lanky PWF in the NHL.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Think I may need to adjust difficulty/sliders a bit... (currently on Pro/default)

5'8" 165lb power forward...
11 GP
18 G
30 A
48 P

At least I'll be restarting once the in-season rosters come out.

Bronto

May 7, 2011
Oslo, Norway
does the All-star game count towards your pointstreak milestone?

Think Im gonna sim it, but it would suck if my pointstreaks get ruined.. though I think it wont..

ScottyP

Jun 12, 2011
BC
Name: Ethan Harmon (not my real name creepers)
Height: 6'1
Weight: 195lbs
Team: Chicoutimi Saguenéens
Player Style: Power Forward

Stats:
GP​
|
G​
|
A​
|
Pts​
|
+/-​
|
PIMS​
|
Shots​
|
Hits​
|
FO%​
|
PPG​
28​
|
33​
|
12​
|
45​
|
4​
|
69​
|
268​
|
75​
|
52.6%​
|
1.50​

Got bumped up to the first line 3-4 games ago, playing well over 20 minutes most nights. On the 1st PP and 1st PK units, 2nd shooter in the shoot out.

I played the 1st 10 games on Pro with EA's sliders. Averaged 2.29 Pts a game and like 15 shots, in the first 10 games I had 60 hits.

Fine tuned the sliders and I now average about 5 shots and 3-4 hits a game, much more realistic IMHO. I also dropped my PPG from 2.29 to 1.22 still a good pace and averaged out to 1.50 in 28 games. If I continue at this rate I will have around 94 points as a 16 year old. If I can manage more which I think I can I might be able to break the 100pt mark.

If you'd like to see/use my sliders go here http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=36948035#post36948035

Anyone know if your height/weight go up as you get older? I know drafted prospects in BaGM do... Hoping they do or I'll be a lanky PWF in the NHL.

I started the youngest you could in the CHL, in my 2nd season and draft year now, and my height went from 6'3" to 6'4" but my weight stayed at 206 lbs. I am also a PWF.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I started the youngest you could in the CHL, in my 2nd season and draft year now, and my height went from 6'3" to 6'4" but my weight stayed at 206 lbs. I am also a PWF.

So there is still some hope! I'd like to add a few pounds lol, they should make that an option in your player growth section. All my player info transferred over from my NHL 11 profile and I forgot to change it.

Was on a six game point streak but it ended today as Chicoutimi (16-10-2) was beat by Rimouski (15-16-1) 3-1. Next game is against Acadie—Bathurst (19-7-2) who are currently atop the league. Should be interesting to see how we do against the Titans my team has really struggled ever since I changed sliders which is kind of cool. We're 3rd in our division and if we can't turn it around we'll have a short season. But in past BaP's it always felt like my team was better than the rest of the league when they shouldn't have been. This Chicoutimi squad has some talent and Gibson who has struggled lately is a good goalie so we could go either way.

Last edited:

Jyrki

May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I decided to go for a stint in the All-Star mode and... Jesus Christ. Your team's scoring simply goes from reasonable to absolutely nothing. As a TWD defenseman, I have to make some crazy ass plays just so the other players can have a shot at scoring. I've lost count of how many times I set up perfect behind-the-net or cross-crease passes, just for my teammates to miraculously (or not) shoot right on the goalie or above the crossbar.

Your team also becomes a huge source of turnovers, even when I'm not calling for passes or anything. Played through three games in the difficulty and not a single goal was scored for my team with me sitting on the bench. It's like the difficulty leap goes from quite easy to "your team is now a one-man show".

I guess I will try out Barbara's slides when I get home.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I decided to go for a stint in the All-Star mode and... Jesus Christ. Your team's scoring simply goes from reasonable to absolutely nothing. As a TWD defenseman, I have to make some crazy ass plays just so the other players can have a shot at scoring. I've lost count of how many times I set up perfect behind-the-net or cross-crease passes, just for my teammates to miraculously (or not) shoot right on the goalie or above the crossbar.

Your team also becomes a huge source of turnovers, even when I'm not calling for passes or anything. Played through three games in the difficulty and not a single goal was scored for my team with me sitting on the bench. It's like the difficulty leap goes from quite easy to "your team is now a one-man show".

I guess I will try out Barbara's slides when I get home.

Hell yeah! I'd like some feed back if any of you do try them out. I put up a lot of stats in that thread and as you can see my team produced on it's own in a lot of games. It doesn't all run through me unless I play that way. I am excited to see what the results are at the end of the season.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
I simmed through two pre-season games, and was sent to the AHL. How many games will I have to play before I'm called up? As a TWD, I have 2gp 4g 1a 5p in Peoria.

Crazyalbo

May 30, 2011
Mahopac, New York
playing in be a pro on highest difficulty as a goalie and these cross crease passes are killing me lol, in nhl 11 i had around a 1-1.50 gaa with a like .938 sv %, in the ohl in this game im seeing around a 2.15 gaa (which is fine) but sv % is like .877. and its a pita cuz if i let in 1 or 2 goals i lose cause apparently my team cant score lol

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
playing in be a pro on highest difficulty as a goalie and these cross crease passes are killing me lol, in nhl 11 i had around a 1-1.50 gaa with a like .938 sv %, in the ohl in this game im seeing around a 2.15 gaa (which is fine) but sv % is like .877. and its a pita cuz if i let in 1 or 2 goals i lose cause apparently my team cant score lol

If you want to increase shots and limit the cross crease turn up pass interceptions. Forces the AI to shoot from out wide should limit cross crease plays as well. Turn up aggression and your D might cover it better. I haven't had any X creases against my team. I did score on one on the PP once though lol.

Pass interception also increases shot totals.

Crazyalbo

May 30, 2011
Mahopac, New York
If you want to increase shots and limit the cross crease turn up pass interceptions. Forces the AI to shoot from out wide should limit cross crease plays as well. Turn up aggression and your D might cover it better. I haven't had any X creases against my team. I did score on one on the PP once though lol.

Pass interception also increases shot totals.

ill try that, thank you, seems to have gone better since i posted this though lol, had a .960+ sv % for 2 games in a row now

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
After losing 4 in a row we beat Moncton 4-1 I had an assist and a goal. Next game we played Victoriaville they score 12 seconds in, next faceoff I drop my gloves with their Captain and destroy him. My team scored 3 while I was in the box. Picked up my physical play got an assist late in the 3rd we won 5-2. Just got our ***** handed to us by Rimouski coach decided to start our backup who is terrible he let in 5 goals by the middle of the 2nd and Gibson came in we lost 5-1 got an assist on the lone goal. Hopefully we can find some damn consistency.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
In All star difficulty I maxed out my created player (Center, Playmaker) - set his age to the lowest possible and when I joined a club and got my "season expectations" it says something like..

* Get at least 72 goals..

* Get at least 83 assists..

Not sure if I can reach those goals...lol

also I may have forgotten something while creating my guy, but why is he a female with pony tails ? Is that a default face or something ? Pretty sure I set him to "man, no hair"

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
In All star difficulty I maxed out my created player (Center, Playmaker) - set his age to the lowest possible and when I joined a club and got my "season expectations" it says something like..

* Get at least 72 goals..

* Get at least 83 assists..

Not sure if I can reach those goals...lol

also I may have forgotten something while creating my guy, but why is he a female with pony tails ? Is that a default face or something ? Pretty sure I set him to "man, no hair"

lol the default type for all be-a-pro created players is some chick. You have to go in and edit each position individually.

I want to know why after leading the dub in scoring, +/-, and PIM and willing my team to a heartbreaking 2nd round exit in the playoffs, i was drafted mid second round?

name: RM
height: 6'5
weight: 220
type: TWF
drafted by: dallas stars 2nd round I think 38th.

so far playing on the stars third line, fighting and throwing lots of crushing checks.

Jyrki

May 24, 2011
溫哥華
lol the default type for all be-a-pro created players is some chick. You have to go in and edit each position individually.

I want to know why after leading the dub in scoring, +/-, and PIM and willing my team to a heartbreaking 2nd round exit in the playoffs, i was drafted mid second round?

name: RM
height: 6'5
weight: 220
type: TWF
drafted by: dallas stars 2nd round I think 38th.

so far playing on the stars third line, fighting and throwing lots of crushing checks.

The AI could've considered PIM's against you, or something like that. But in real life, there are loads of top-scoring players in the juniors who wind up getting drafted in late rounds or even ignored.

i.e. Yannick Riendeau, scored at near 2 points per game, was the CHL's top scorer in 2008-09, was the QMJHL's playoff MVP in the same year. He went undrafted. Granted he was a bit undersized, but still.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone not getting any PP, PK, or OT time (in the NHL)?

80gp
35g
39a
74pts
RW sniper playing for Edmonton on All-Star settings.

thisisleafland

Sep 22, 2011
Name: Zack Hamilton
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155lbs
Team: London Knights
Player Style: Sniper

Career Statistics:

2011/2012, OHL, 68GP, 54G, 47A, 101PTS, 78PIMS, 48+/-
2012/2013, OHL, 49GP, 39G, 26A, 65PTS, 90PIMS, 19+/-​

Hoping to get drafted by the Leafs in the upcoming draft. Right now, my agent's projection is mid-draft (3rd or 4th round pick), which completely baffles me. I did simulate the second half of my first year (right after I achieved all my goals for the season). Just completed the CHL prospects game and scored two goals along the way. Hopefully this will bring my status up. We will see.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Update

Name: James Duke
Height: 6'0
Weight: 185lbs
Team: Barrie Colts
Player Style: Playmaker

Stats(league rank)
GP: 28
G: 7
A: 20
P: 27
PIMS: 44
+/-: -21
PPG: 2
SHG: 0
GWG: 1
GTG: 0
S: 139(1st)
FO%: 48.2%
Hits: 90(1st)
GV: 47(1st)
TK: 69(1st)

Dropped the difficulty to All-star after about 6 games. Been playing in parts of all games. Some half games, some 3rd periods, and some whole games. So far so good. Wish my +/- wasn't so awful. :shakehead My team's record is 10-14-4. Much better then it started off.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Name : [My real name]
Height : 5'9
Weight : 180 lbs
Team : Portland (Went the CHL starting route)

First season I played about 54 games then went on a simming spree. Ended up getting over 15,000 points in all 3 categories because I simmed the rest of the age 17 season, age 18 season and age 19 season.

I was drafted at 17/18 by the Lightning in round 2, pick 7.

Now I'm a 76 overall playing on the second line. I'm playing only on Pro but I'm blowing up the league. I'm thinking when I get higher overall I'm going to straight up Superstar mode. I Got the trophy / achievement for 7 assists in a game... (I had 11 assists in one game :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad