SHG: 0
GWG: 1
GTG: 1
S: 41
FO%: 0
Hits: 22
GV: 11
TK: 12

Playing on Pro right now as I'm trying to settle with the control scheme. I'll tune it up one level soon since I haven't had a hard time making plays and racking up assists.

It bugs me that blocked shots isn't part of the main stats - it's one of the key defensive stats, but it beats the hell out of me why EA never included it in their games. At least you can see them at the end of each game, though.

As for experience - is the only way to rack up serious XP is by playing EASHL? I honestly don't want to start playing online until I am very comfortable with the game, but I seem to need a LOT of games to be able to improve any given stat by 1. Do you earn more when you move up to the NHL?

I spent an hour figuring out settings for the CHL mode. On rookie it seemed like you could score at will, on Pro mode QMJHL games were ending 2-1 and 1-0, but I tweaked Pro with the casual sliders, and things started being realistic. Anybody else have any be a pro slider/setting advice?

I'm playing on default Pro sliders (save for Penalties/fighting which I toned down a bit), and high-scoring games seem to happen. I simulated a couple of them and at least 4 goals were scored in each of the simmed games.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I'm playing on superstar right now and even though I have 2.25 ppg the team record is an abysmal 10-11-2 and my +/- is barely positive. The only 'annoyances' I have with superstar is that the computers' accuracy and speed is way higher than what their player stats indicate. I'm gonna try to even out our speed and maybe make my goalie a little better or lower their accuracy a bit to make it a little more realistic.

They just keep picking corners with slap shots from the point where my guy or my teammates can never score like that.

Edit: So I ended up decreasing the comps speed by 1 so now were the same speed and increased my accuracy for my wrist shot so that my accuracy is on the same level as theirs. I decreased the comps accuracy before that for a game but then they weren't nearly as dangerous on their shots so that's why I up-ed my acc instead of dropping theirs.

Now it's actually a race for loose pucks and they still have their goal-scoring while I actually don't shoot wide on a third of my shots. I find it's fair game now.

Last edited:

Use the Schwartz*

My New player:

Name: Nathan Mackinnon
Position: Center
Height: 5'10
Weight: 178 pounds
GP: 20
G: 14
A: 30
PIMS: 70
+/-: 24
PPG: 1
SHG: 2
S: 216
FOW: 87
FOT: 201
FO%: 43.3
Hits: 109

I'm loving it so far, playing on pro. Only thing I changed slider wise was hitting(up), shot accuracy(up), puck control(up) and put the computer's number of penalties up because my team has about 20 PPs so far, and the rest of the Q has about 45+.

I'm playing on the second line still, hoping I'll get moved up in the next few games. I have 44 points and the closest to that on my team is like 18:( I'm finding that the rest of the team doesn't score a hell of a lot if I'm not on the ice. I've gone like 4 games in a row with every goal scored being scored while I was on the ice. Then randomly one game they'll kick it into gear and help me out.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Name: Peter Goodwin
Position: C
Height: 1.96m
Weight: 86.3kg
Club: Rimouski Oceanic

GP: 21
G: 22
A: 12
PTS: 34
+/-: 15
PIM: 12
S: 280

Going pretty well so far.

JimmyStart*

BAP has a lot of suck factor this year. Too often the game makes it so that no matter how many times I hit "x" to get back out there nothing happens. I don't buy a game to sit still and watch the CPU through an entire OT. Gj EA real good programming there. If I want to save my progress I have to exit BAP also. Again why would these morons program it like that? I used autosave at first but clicked the wrong autosave so iexited and went to reload...at first I was comfused because looking at the save times I felt the top one was off but I figured well I should be on the top one b/c that's the last one that shoulda saved...Unfortunately the game is programmed so that just by loading an autosave it saves over the other autosave slot so I lost my progress completely. Sounds complicated? That's because it is complicated it's a backa** moron autosave system and I don't want to use it so unfortunately that means everytime I want to save I've got to frigging exit BAP.

Also if I can't get on the ice and we lose in OT that's bullsh** but of course the game refuses to let me get on the ice and if I quit out then it automatically simulatesthe rest so I have to dashboard. Nothing was more frustrating then watching OT for 4 minutes and my team loses...then the negative feedback gives me a hard time for losing. Eat a d*** put me on the ice next time moron.

The hockey shop requirements are pathetic. Blatant attempt to beg for our money. You absolutely have to play online club? Are you kidding me? If you can't find a good EASHL club you're screwed and if you're a Dman why do you have the same exact scoring requirements as a sniper? Horrific programming.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
BAP has a lot of suck factor this year. Too often the game makes it so that no matter how many times I hit "x" to get back out there nothing happens. I don't buy a game to sit still and watch the CPU through an entire OT. Gj EA real good programming there. If I want to save my progress I have to exit BAP also. Again why would these morons program it like that? I used autosave at first but clicked the wrong autosave so iexited and went to reload...at first I was comfused because looking at the save times I felt the top one was off but I figured well I should be on the top one b/c that's the last one that shoulda saved...Unfortunately the game is programmed so that just by loading an autosave it saves over the other autosave slot so I lost my progress completely. Sounds complicated? That's because it is complicated it's a backa** moron autosave system and I don't want to use it so unfortunately that means everytime I want to save I've got to frigging exit BAP.

Also if I can't get on the ice and we lose in OT that's bullsh** but of course the game refuses to let me get on the ice and if I quit out then it automatically simulatesthe rest so I have to dashboard. Nothing was more frustrating then watching OT for 4 minutes and my team loses...then the negative feedback gives me a hard time for losing. Eat a d*** put me on the ice next time moron.

The hockey shop requirements are pathetic. Blatant attempt to beg for our money. You absolutely have to play online club? Are you kidding me? If you can't find a good EASHL club you're screwed and if you're a Dman why do you have the same exact scoring requirements as a sniper? Horrific programming.

The only thing I can relate to here is the need to play EASHL to boost your pro, even if you want him to use him for single player only. That aside, you seem a little bit too pissed off :/

KanyeWestLEGEND*

EASHL / Be A Pro player

G
6"5
225 pounds

86 overall

36 wins
19 losses

0.833 svg %
3.21 GAA
4 shutouts

rank 27th in XBOX (OTP)

Club stats :

2 wins, 3 losses
.933 svg %
0.97 GAA
1 shutout

ScottyP

Jun 12, 2011
BC

If you have it setup for authentic, you can't just press X to go back on the ice again. You have to press Y when on the bench to bring up the menu and press B to sim to your next shift.

I like realism in my BAP mode, I didn't like NHL 10, where I was constantly scoring 10+ goals a game, I could sim most of the season and still win pretty much every single award.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

:biglaugh: I think you should read the manual since everything seems soooooo difficult for you. Seriously, though, this isn't that hard to figure out. :facepalm:

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
:biglaugh: I think you should read the manual since everything seems soooooo difficult for you. Seriously, though, this isn't that hard to figure out. :facepalm:

My copy didn't come with a manual. Worst thing so far, IMO

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
No, don't think so.

And I'd really recommend EASHL to all offline BAP players, it's way better when you get into a club with your friends or some good players.

It's fun but I am a nerd and like background stories so that's why I enjoy offline. That and I play when my daughter is napping and if she wakes up mid game I can just pause it. Had a few games I had to drop out of in OTP earlier this summer lol. I do play with my club when the wife is home and I have time.

Use the Schwartz*

You can just drop in and play with a bunch of randoms though right?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I remember looking through all the requirements for boost slots and packs and none of them really made me think "wow, I have to play online". I will regardless, but you can have a fine time purely offline. Like everyone else said, you're too pissed off at stuff that's in the online manual, lol. I'm actually relatively pleased with the changes they've made to be a pro, moving in the right direction.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Oh yeah, and for those requirements like "get 70 points with your created be a pro in 1 season", does that count for in the CHL as well or is it just for the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad