NFL: NFL requiring all teams to have a minority on the offensive staff

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Look, I know you have trouble managing your emotions but this is a discussion, not some judgment. I'm sorry I even replied to you. And I'm sad you support racial quotas.
ME having trouble managing emotions? You are the one thats angry black people might actually get an opportunity. Grow up dude. And stop shouting down people of color when they say systemic racism exist and actually shut up and listen for once in your life. You are white, you don;t get to tell people of color they are wrong when it comes to racism.

Always a victim.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Look, I know you have trouble managing your emotions but this is a discussion, not some judgment. I'm sorry I even replied to you. And I'm sad you support racial quotas.
Well, you're the one that's lying by saying they have a no straight white males hiring policy. You've literally added nothing to this discussion.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This is just a "mandated" extra subordinate. These people won't be taking the job of OC, Tight Ends coach, etc.

So no one is really being excluded. Just another head.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "true believer" or idealist, but this policy is really nothing in terms impeding another.

This clearly exists to humor the vicious doxxers that crawl out every year and do their armchair "hiring simulation"; this year, rather than pick a select individual like Nick Sirianni(those articles eviscerating his hire will always pop up on a google search, used to prove that the Jewish Jeffry Lurie is a racist Gentile white boy who hires unqualified white boys like the Italian-American Sirianni) to nail to a proverbial cross, they simply pointed out "numbers".

And I'm not happy Sirianni is successful because I'm a fan of a division rival(Washington)

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This is just a "mandated" extra subordinate. These people won't be taking the job of OC, Tight Ends coach, etc.

So no one is really being excluded. Just another head.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "true believer" or idealist, but this policy is really nothing in terms impeding another.

This clearly exists to humor the vicious doxxers that crawl out every year and do their armchair "hiring simulation"; this year, rather than pick a select individual like Nick Sirianni(those articles eviscerating his hire will always pop up on a google search, used to prove that the Jewish Jeffry Lurie is a racist Gentile white boy who hires unqualified white boys like the Italian-American Sirianni) to nail to a proverbial cross, they simply pointed out "numbers".

And I'm not happy Sirianni is successful because I'm a fan of a division rival(Washington)
You do realize Lurie and Sirianni are still white. Jewish people are usually white, Italians are white. I got nothing against Siranni but I wouldn't call him a successful coach just yet. Going 9-8 in an awful division and getting beat handily in the wild card game isn't some great feat. That being said, I think he is a good coach.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You do realize Lurie and Sirianni are still white. Jewish people are usually white, Italians are white. I got nothing against Siranni but I wouldn't call him a successful coach just yet. Going 9-8 in an awful division and getting beat handily in the wild card game isn't some great feat. That being said, I think he is a good coach.
Just because they're "white" doesn't mean complete cultural equivalency. Or some subconscious "affinity" based on skin color alone.

There were plenty of media pieces in the local Philly media hailing his emotional intelligence. He also did tweak the offense to fit his limited QB.

It took misconduct World War for the Jew to live in a tolerant and accepting society. Even today, their business successes or ability to enter occupations that require educational commitment are treated with revulsion or fear amongst select people.
Pre-WWII history indicates that both of those ethnic groups were not in the WASP circle. Street murders or lynching were all too common. Jews were universally reviled. Zeppo Marx only had a life due to circumstance. His friend was shot by a Irish gang that disapproved of a Jew dating Irish girls.
The Italians were also second-class for a while. The first "Columbus Day" was political desperation in response to a lynching of Italians; Italy was going to cut off diplomatic relations. While they are now assimilated, they sometimes wind up "Anglifying" their public names and their heritage is hidden as a result.

In the case of Leo Frank, his skin color did not save him. Wrongfully convicted, but his capital punishment was commuted to a life sentence. That didn't matter, as he eventually was lynched. The first anti-lynching memorial in the country was placed in the "Leo Frank Memorial".

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Just because they're "white" doesn't mean complete cultural equivalency. Or some subconscious "affinity" based on skin color alone.

There were plenty of media pieces in the local Philly media hailing his emotional intelligence. He also did tweak the offense to fit his limited QB.

It took misconduct World War for the Jew to live in a tolerant and accepting society. Even today, their business successes or ability to enter occupations that require educational commitment are treated with revulsion or fear amongst select people.
Pre-WWII history indicates that both of those ethnic groups were not in the WASP circle. Street murders or lynching were all too common. Jews were universally reviled. Zeppo Marx only had a life due to circumstance. His friend was shot by a Irish gang that disapproved of a Jew dating Irish girls.
The Italians were also second-class for a while. The first "Columbus Day" was political desperation in response to a lynching of Italians; Italy was going to cut off diplomatic relations. While they are now assimilated, they sometimes wind up "Anglifying" their public names and their heritage is hidden as a result.

In the case of Leo Frank, his skin color did not save him. Wrongfully convicted, but his capital punishment was commuted to a life sentence. That didn't matter, as he eventually was lynched. The first anti-lynching memorial in the country was placed in the "Leo Frank Memorial".
Yeah, I'm well aware of all that. It doesn't mean Siranni counts as a minority. Irish were discriminated against in North America for many decades as well.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah, I'm well aware of all that. It doesn't mean Siranni counts as a minority. Irish were discriminated against in North America for many decades as well.
While very true, it's not as bad as what they experienced at the hands of the English. At least Americans didn't send them into indentured servitude against their will in Barbados...

We like to think of America as a clean slate, where you can start over...but when you think about it that's often not true. It hasn't been true for Europeans in the past and it's still not true (particularly for minorities) today, which is part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
While very true, it's not as bad as what they experienced at the hands of the English. At least Americans didn't send them into indentured servitude against their will in Barbados...

We like to think of America as a clean slate, where you can start over...but when you think about it that's often not true. It hasn't been true for Europeans in the past and it's still not true (particularly for minorities) today, which is part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with.
Oh I completely agree about the English. I come from an Irish Nationalist family. If I shared my thoughts on the British government I would quickly be banned.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad