NFL: NFL requiring all teams to have a minority on the offensive staff

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
It doesn't matter if it is a new position. Telling someone need not apply for a job like that is bad just like in the past with Irish need not apply or Blacks need not apply for jobs was.

Am I being trolled right now? I literally can't tell.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Am I being trolled right now? I literally can't tell.
Reserving jobs for someone like the NFL is doing even if being new jobs is not a good thing at all. Telling white guys hey you can't get these new jobs is bad just like how in the past in this country specific groups where once told need not apply for a job meaning you wont get it was bad. How anyone thinks I could be trolling just shows to me how crazy things are now in this world.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So your thought is racism, and not the fact that they might have found someone better qualified? Look at Wayne Gretzky, one of the greatest if not the greatest hockey player ever, HORRIBLE coach. Same could be said for the multiple people that go through and play in the NFL, who says they are fit to be a good coach? There's more to being a coach than just knowledge of the position, etc.
On the other hand Rod Brindamour, Gerard Gallant, Darryl Sutter are all former players and very good coaches. And only 6 current NHL coaches never played pro hockey. Not sure why you are trying to defend an indefensible position.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Reserving jobs for someone like the NFL is doing even if being new jobs is not a good thing at all. Telling white guys hey you can't get these new jobs is bad just like how in the past in this country specific groups where once told need not apply for a job meaning you wont get it was bad. How anyone thinks I could be trolling just shows to me how crazy things are now in this world.
White guys have never had a problem getting hired; in virtually any important job or profession.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
On the other hand Rod Brindamour, Gerard Gallant, Darryl Sutter are all former players and very good coaches. And only 6 current NHL coaches never played pro hockey. Not sure why you are trying to defend an indefensible position.

Yes, there are good coaches that used to play. I don't get why this is such a "slam dunk" decision. The issue at hand, is WHY this needed to be done in the first place, unless it's just to fill a quota that will appease to people(which I guess it seems to have worked based on the responses in this thread). The fact that this had to happen should be the real question. Again, if these guys were so qualified, why weren't they hired in the first place?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yes, there are good coaches that used to play. I don't get why this is such a "slam dunk" decision. The issue at hand, is WHY this needed to be done in the first place, unless it's just to fill a quota that will appease to people(which I guess it seems to have worked based on the responses in this thread). The fact that this had to happen should be the real question. Again, if these guys were so qualified, why weren't they hired in the first place?
I am continually amazed that you keep asking this question.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Here we go again. Another white man trying to tell person of color racism doesn't exist.

The NFL could have done an investigation, looked at people that were interviewed/applied for certain coaching positions, and looked at who might have been a better candidate from a 3rd party. They already have a rule in place that is required to interview a minority applicant/prospective coach, so now teams are going to be required to hire a minority coach.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

What a dumb f***ing comparison.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I am continually amazed that you guys don't see an issue with this rule. If these guys were qualified, they would have already been hired.
Quit embarrassing yourselves.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I am continually amazed that you guys don't see an issue with this rule. If these guys were qualified, they would have already been hired.
It is just an extra man or woman paid for by the NFL but they are not taking another person's spot. It's exposure. Kinda of like how musicians have to always keep advertising, and sometimes appearing on a show can bring in interest, such as Wendy Moten on The Voice.

Now, there is something to be said about drawing conclusions from the couch about each team's interview process regarding what constitutes qualified. Nick Sirianni got nailed to the cross for being white even though the Jewish Lurie's questioning and interview process clearly had some HR/psych matters asked that people from their couches did not know about. That he succeed rather well in winning the locker room and on the sheet meant that the media cried foul but did not bring up his name in segments about white coaches because Sirianni has proven to be "qualified".
The presumption was that Sirianni was not better or even underqualified because he was a white boy(though Italian) and Philly management were also white boys(but Jewish).

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
How about this? You must hire a minority for every immediate relative of a coach on your staff.
For some reason this reminded me of the John Tavares ethnicity thread from like 12 years ago. I don't know why.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
For some reason this reminded me of the John Tavares ethnicity thread from like 12 years ago. I don't know why.
A all time classic thread.

Idk why anyone would take issue with this , they are basically NFL employees on each team. The NFL is a corp and can institute any policy they see fit so long as it's legal.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
A all time classic thread.

Idk why anyone would take issue with this , they are basically NFL employees on each team. The NFL is a corp and can institute any policy they see fit so long as it's legal.
GOD BLESS THE INTERNET ARCHIVE WAYBACK MACHINE, WE HAVE BITS AND PIECES OF IT! I also found the Olli Jokinen photoshop thread. Regretfully, I did not find the bert2nazzy Christina Woloski thread.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No I am not. Thats what you are implying. There are so few qualified candidates that some teams would be forced to hire unqualified candidates.

Also NFL is essentially a one single corporation. They are setting their own policy, which they are more than free to do as a corporation. No one is forcing them to do anything.
I'm not sure a "No straight white males" hiring policy is lawful, but also not sure anyone would bother to enforce it.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Who says they can't hire straight white men? The lies white men tell themselves to feel like a victim is insane, honestly.
As a white man whose lived most my life in a small town with almost no minorities, I completely agree with you. It's quite pathetic.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Who says they can't hire straight white men? The lies white men tell themselves to feel like a victim is insane, honestly.
Look, I know you have trouble managing your emotions but this is a discussion, not some judgment. I'm sorry I even replied to you. And I'm sad you support racial quotas.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad