NFL/NCAA Coach Watch 2018/19

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was. He can recruit and coach but he's such an insufferable assclown that he wears out his welcome and ruins morale.
Kind of funny to go from Heisman winner to no job in less than 2 years. They weren't even very good last year either.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Apparently cowboys nearly moved on from linehan and if we fire JG. Jerry wants Lincoln Riley. OH BUDDY

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
He's not on the hotseat. Y'all are the biggest reactionaries ever.
How do you explain the awful offense this team shows week in & week out? The lack of properly developing many of the highly recruited talent on the field? The defending of the vanilla play calling because "it has worked well for over 30 years"? The fact that our 2019 recruiting class has slipped to #24 because players are de-committing en-masse?

I was thrilled when they hired Richt, because despite his rep for not being able to win "the big game", he was still a man with a high win pct. in the tough SEC and would want to get over that hump at his alma mater. And things seemed to be moving in the right direction, but ever since the loss to Pitt last year, this team seriously looks to have majorly regressed, losing to a bunch of middle of the road ACC teams that a team with the talent we have should not be losing to. Go to any Canes message board (I know, I know LOL, but still!) and you will see very few who are happy with Richt.

I know he is not really on the hotseat, but Gene, what do you see as the problem with the Canes & how can it be fixed?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Time. They are one of the youngest teams in the NCAA. You can recruit all you want but those players are also forced to play so they are going to make mistakes. You aren't Alabama or Clemson who can sit guys for two years behind entrenched starters.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Man, I don’t know. He would be leaving a situation where he has total control of his team for one where he wouldn’t even have any say about which players are active on game day.

He has all the leverage though. Plus you aren't getting any HC worth a shit these days if you don't give them some personnel say so.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Marvin always ready to scapegoat someone else

Austin and Bengals D is mess right now , No doubt but last year they fired OC and now this year they fire DC yet Lewis remains as HC

member 157595

And I don’t think Jerry cares about getting a coach worth a ****. The only time he gave in at all was when he brought in Parcells as part of his new stadium sales pitch.

Agreed. He'd easily prefer to lose while wielding absolute power rather than win as a hands-off owner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad