NFL/NCAA Coach Watch 2018/19

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the Seahawks fall off this year, I bet Pete Carroll makes an exit.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the Seahawks fall off this year, I bet Pete Carroll makes an exit.

Right when they are about to suck... perfect time for Carroll to leave.

Its not pre-mature. Imagine Rodgers with a modern coach and modern offense?

McCarthy has been able to ride Rodgers' coattails for a while now however with Thompson gone, he's essentially coaching for his job now.

Reactions: Sami Salo

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Right when they are about to suck... perfect time for Carroll to leave.

McCarthy has been able to ride Rodgers' coattails for a while now however with Thompson gone, he's essentially coaching for his job now.
That's why I literally called B* when they said Rodgers was some sort of hero on one leg because if Rodgers was actually really injured and McCarthy puts him back out there and he gets ACL'd, he'd be pounding sand looking for a new HC job and would just have to retire because nobody wants a guy riding a HoF to just one SB victory in his whole career.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Bucs have a brutal schedule to start the season and could easily be 0-5 heading into the Browns game. I could see Koetter gone after the week 4 Bears game since they have a bye in week 5.

Yeah. That's my bad.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So is 1-32-1 Hue safe?

If the Browns play competitive but still finish terrible this year Brown fans should be worried that ownership will see that as good and keep him around

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I still don't think Todd Bowles is safe with the Jets.

Pete Carroll?

I feel like McCarthy and Dan Quinn could be on the hot seat.

John Harbaugh and Jason Garrett maybe.

In college....Jim Harbaugh? How many years can he go with no big win?

Florida's coach?

Not sure if hes new or not but the Tennessee coach?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That makes no sense and you're delusional if you don't think Hue is meddling.

Never said hes not but the offense is the weak link of the team. Personally I think Hue should get another year. They look good. He came into an impossible situation with nothing to work with. Talent wins games he didnt have it, especially offenmsively, but they have competed hard

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I still don't think Todd Bowles is safe with the Jets.

Pete Carroll?

I feel like McCarthy and Dan Quinn could be on the hot seat.

John Harbaugh and Jason Garrett maybe.

In college....Jim Harbaugh? How many years can he go with no big win?

Florida's coach?

Not sure if hes new or not but the Tennessee coach?

Caroll has the job until he wants to retire. Paul Allen loves him, and a Super Bowl typically gives you. a long lifespan.

Hence how Harbaugh still has a job, although I think this year is his last if they miss the playoffs or end up a one-and-done

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Bill O'Brien needs to go. Watching the Texans these past two weeks is like watching the Eagles from the Reid era. Had games where they were so unprepared to play. He signed a contract extension recently though.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I wish Matt Patricia could go on this list but it looks like him and Quinn are going to be given way too much time to show how awful they truly are.

With all the terrible coaches the Lions have had you would think I would be used to it but it still is as frustrating as ever to see another dope in charge.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bill O'Brien needs to go. Watching the Texans these past two weeks is like watching the Eagles from the Reid era. Had games where they were so unprepared to play. He signed a contract extension recently though.

He's going to get at least this full season now that he has a legitimate starting QB.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
He's going to get at least this full season now that he has a legitimate starting QB.

The Texans have an extremely soft schedule this year. If it becomes apparent that they're not going to make the playoffs (losing to the Giants this week would basically put the season on life support), I think he has to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad