NFL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - ISOLATED PHASE! Part One!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
As much as the place kicker is an afterthought, especially in this draft, we still may find ourselves needing a score of three points or fewer to tie or win a game in the dying seconds. So, I guess we'll take PK Robbie Gould, a player I saw live in the worst football game ever played between the Bears and Chiefs in 2011. A 10-3 Chiefs win, the only touchdown was scored on a first half hail Mary by NFL legend Tyler Palko that Brian Urlacher knocked directly into the hands of Chiefs' RB Dexter McCluster. It was an awful affair, which was a shame because it concluded my Midwest sports trip in which I saw 7 games in 11 days spanning the NFL, NHL and NCAA basketball while visiting my friend who was completing a post doc at Ohio State.

@JojoTheWhale, put your back into it.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Optionality is again the key here. We have outside Corners. We have coverage LBs. We have Safeties who can play back or up. The last piece to our defense needs to be able to do three things -- cover Slot receivers, make Tackles in the run game, and be a Turnover creator. I can only think of one player in the history of the league could do those three things and still be freakily athletic enough to fit our theme, FLEX CB/S Antoine Winfield.

gettyimages-107803659.jpg

@ajgoal All you.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Optionality is again the key here. We have outside Corners. We have coverage LBs. We have Safeties who can play back or up. The last piece to our defense needs to be able to do three things -- cover Slot receivers, make Tackles in the run game, and be a Turnover creator. I can only think of one player in the history of the league could do those three things and still be freakily athletic enough to fit our theme, FLEX CB/S Antoine Winfield.

gettyimages-107803659.jpg

@ajgoal All you.

I half expected you to draft the guy I just wrongly tried to draft for your flex, but I forgot your need for voltage.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I half expected you to draft the guy I just wrongly tried to draft for your flex, but I forgot your need for voltage.

I didn’t see it, but I also considered another coverage LB pretty heavily. Ultimately that guy is way more famous and likely valuable, but I’d rather talk about Winfield because he was fun as hell and pretty damn unique in the modern game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Round out our cast of freaks is a perfect fit, TE Jimmy Graham.

TepidCanineHart-size_restricted.gif

That makes our receiving corps:

6’4” 210 lb Randy Moss with a 40 time of 4.25 seconds
6’5” 237 lb Calvin Johnson with a 40 time of 4.35 seconds
6’3” 220 lb Julio Jones with a 40 time of 4.39 seconds
6’7” 265 lb Jimmy Graham with a 40 time of 4.56 seconds

Julio’s the smallest one. I’m cackling. :laugh:

@CanadianFlyer88 I wonder if the Canucks will still be finishing their season when the Cup is awarded.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Round out our cast of freaks is a perfect fit, TE Jimmy Graham.

TepidCanineHart-size_restricted.gif

That makes our receiving corps:

6’4” 210 lb Randy Moss with a 40 time of 4.25 seconds
6’5” 237 lb Calvin Johnson with a 40 time of 4.35 seconds
6’3” 220 lb Julio Jones with a 40 time of 4.39 seconds
6’7” 265 lb Jimmy Graham with a 40 time of 4.56 seconds

Julio’s the smallest one. I’m cackling. :laugh:

@CanadianFlyer88 I wonder if the Canucks will still be finishing their season when the Cup is awarded.
No but really when do the Canucks stop playing

As far as the Jojo FC goes, even I could just huck a TD pass up to one of those monsters

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@JojoTheWhale was so nearly right when he said that the 1990s Chargers uniforms were better than the powder blues ... and yet he was so utterly wrong. The 1990s Chargers had white pants, like hipster toolbags in the Hamptons prior to Labor Day (which is why Jojo likes them). The Chargers uniforms which were better than the powder blues were the 1980s version, specifically my team uniform and/or outfit. Note the Steeler cheating in this photo with facemasking.

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F98498105.jpeg

Uniform - 1982 San Diego Chargers Whites

@Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
All the Meat has left empty is PK.

I greet this position with scorn. My team scores footballs, not kickballs. I draft

AP_18230724129139-e1534629999825.jpg

Kai Forbath (Noodle Legger)

Forbath is 12-19 on 50+ yd FG attempts. He's played for 9 or 10 seasons or whatever, and has had years with 0 50+ yard attempts. The reason for this is simple. This dude struggles over 45 yards, so sometimes coaches don't even bother. This is ideal. I don't want Coach Gibbs to be tempted to go for a long FG. Just get that first down, always and forever, until a TD happens.

@Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Once I noticed everyone else had picked their QBs, I decided to save it for last since there was very little chance of getting sniped. I say very little, because there's always a chance someone doubles down on the dumb and picks a QB for D Flex or something. He is one of my favorite players to watch on my favorite team as a youngster.

Though I don't think I'd go this far, there are people out there who believe this man was the best quarterback to ever put on a helmet. How good was he though?

Joe Montana, whom most people regard as the greatest passer in National Football League history, calls him ''the greatest passer I've ever seen.'' Fran Tarkenton, whom many regard as the greatest running quarterback in NFL history, calls him ''the greatest running quarterback I've ever seen.'' Bill Walsh calls him ''the best, most accurate passer I've ever seen.'' That's some seriously high praise.

He was an extremely efficient passer – leading the league in passer rating a record six times, and completion percentage and yards per attempt five times. At the time of his retirement, he had the highest passer rating among NFL quarterbacks with at least 1,500 passing attempts (96.8). His 43 career rushing touchdowns are second among quarterbacks, while his 4,239 rushing yards ranks fourth all time.

He is a 3x Super Bowl Champion, a Super Bowl MVP, 2x NFL MVP, 3x first team All-Pro, 7x Pro Bowler, 4x TD leader, 6x Passer Rating leader, 5x Completion Percentage leader, and did all of this after he turned 30.

We're going to reunite him with the greatest NFL player of all time, Jerry Rice.

main-qimg-c1e92faafe6c94223ee170cd35e4e17b

DefenselessPossibleBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

QB - Steve Young

@Chuck Downie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad