NFL 2023

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What the hell?

The NFL is absolutely genius with capitalizing on things like this and the Taylor Swift madness. Giving women something to take interest in related to football gives their husbands an excuse to spend more time and money on football.

Swifties are reaching cult level status so if you’re not taking any opportunity to financially exploit that devotion as any brand that Swift takes an interest in, what are you even doing?
The NFL didn't get to where they are by not being smart, and taking advantage of every potential marketing opportunity that will increase their brand. Unlike some beer companies lately.;)

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_4368.jpeg

Reactions: bellagiobob

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
Worst part about the superbowl is the build up. Game is still a week and a half away and it's already getting stuffed down everyone's throat. I'm a football fan and it even annoys me a bit. Was on Tsn early this morning and I had to scroll past 8 Superbowl articles before I even seen a mention of the two hockey games played last night. Do we really need a " What Superbowl halftime novelty props are being used" article on TSNs main page??? No wonder most of the non fans I know don't just "not watch" they literally despise the sport.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Worst part about the superbowl is the build up. Game is still a week and a half away and it's already getting stuffed down everyone's throat. I'm a football fan and it even annoys me a bit. Was on Tsn early this morning and I had to scroll past 8 Superbowl articles before I even seen a mention of the two hockey games played last night. Do we really need a " What Superbowl halftime novelty props are being used" article on TSNs main page??? No wonder most of the non fans I know don't just "not watch" they literally despise the sport.
I’m the opposite, I love the buildup. All the back stories, random prop bets, etc. Can’t wait for the game, and for me all the hype just increases the anticipation level. Plus there’s not much going on in hockey right now, just some B level games going on.

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
I’m the opposite, I love the buildup. All the back stories, random prop bets, etc. Can’t wait for the game, and for me all the hype just increases the anticipation level. Plus there’s not much going on in hockey right now, just some B level games going on.
I guess. But i wont be surprised if the Oil win game 17 and the main story on TSN the next day is the over/under on the weight of Brock Purdys dump he takes superbowl morning.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I guess. But i wont be surprised if the Oil win game 17 and the main story on TSN the next day is the over/under on the weight of Brock Purdys dump he takes superbowl morning.
TSN doesn't have rights to the Oilers. They do to NFL, so makes sense what they are doing.

That and there is jack shit going on in hockey right now other than a black eye for the game.

Sportsnet is where you should be looking if expecting NHL coverage

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Haha your team is in the SB no kidding you’re eating everything up.

• Haha

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
TSN doesn't have rights to the Oilers. They do to NFL, so makes sense what they are doing.

That and there is jack shit going on in hockey right now other than a black eye for the game.

Sportsnet is where you should be looking if expecting NHL coverage
TSN/CTV estimating viewership in Canada will be around 8M. This is THE TV event of the year, so ya, they are going to pump the crap out of it.

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
TSN/CTV estimating viewership in Canada will be around 8M. This is THE TV event of the year, so ya, they are going to pump the crap out of it.
If they already know how many people will watch what's the point of talking about it for 2 weeks. Is the constant talk going to get more people to watch? Is there people who don't know about the superbowl? I doubt it, but it may drive people away from the network for a while. I like steak but I sure as hell don't want it for dinner every meal..

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
I love both NFL and NHL and I think it’s totally lame the NHL scheduled the break this week. f*** all to watch on TV.
Yet another huge fail by the NHL marketing department. They should be showing as much as they can right now. Get guys like Biz on air and try to get the brand out there. Make some noise other than SA trials. (Not that they could have planned for the timing of that one) No competition but talk and the NBA. Pro Bowl is a joke like the ASG. It's for kids and Fairweather fans. Imagine the Oil vs Avs, "McD vs Mack" or a Bruins/Knights Sunday or Monday night when the football fans are starved to see some action.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If they already know how many people will watch what's the point of talking about it for 2 weeks. Is the constant talk going to get more people to watch? Is there people who don't know about the superbowl? I doubt it, but it may drive people away from the network for a while. I like steak but I sure as hell don't want it for dinner every meal..
For me it gets me pumped up for the game. I'm sure in that 8M number there are some take it or leave it semi fans, that might need to be convinced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green Xero

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm not surprised on Belichick to be honest. Guy wants a lot of power and unless he has an owner convinced I don't know that a lot of management teams want him.
More so on Vrabel. Thought he’d get scooped up. Ya, with Bill it would have to be just the right situation. Not sure if he’d want to, but he’d make a heck of a DC for someone.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
More so on Vrabel. Thought he’d get scooped up. Ya, with Bill it would have to be just the right situation. Not sure if he’d want to, but he’d make a heck of a DC for someone.
I wonder if Vrabel is waiting maybe for a good team to fire their coach in season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I love both NFL and NHL and I think it’s totally lame the NHL scheduled the break this week. f*** all to watch on TV.
I agree with you, but I think the All Star game is at the perfect time for the NHL, as there is no competition this weekend from the NFL. Saying that, I doubt I will be watching any of the so called festivities or the lame game especially. Just some highlites.

Reactions: Morpheus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad