OT: NFL 2019

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This has to be one of the craziest hires in pro sports history.

David Culley gets the Head Coach job for the Texans after only ever being as high as a WR coach elsewhere.

And an absolutely terrible WR coach at that.

He was with the Chiefs when they went an entire season without a WR catching a single TD.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

David Culley gets the Head Coach job for the Texans after only ever being as high as a WR coach elsewhere.

He was with the Chiefs when they went an entire season without a WR catching a single TD.

And shockingly Watson demands a trade the same day. Hopefully Watt is next, he deserves better.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I could've sworn Sunday morning they were saying the offensive coordinator of KC and the defensive coordinator of Buffalo were told to put staffs in place as they were going to be the guys the Texans are choosing from.

Maybe they just said that due to the rule with interviewing black people, as this seems to be an odd hire.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
From what I understand and hear, Eric Bienemy should be the #1 head coaching candidate out there, regardless of color, etc.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I could've sworn Sunday morning they were saying the offensive coordinator of KC and the defensive coordinator of Buffalo were told to put staffs in place as they were going to be the guys the Texans are choosing from.

Maybe they just said that due to the rule with interviewing black people, as this seems to be an odd hire.

I think you're getting warm.;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
From what I understand and hear, Eric Bienemy should be the #1 head coaching candidate out there, regardless of color, etc.
Which just should lead Watson to want even more now that they went a different direction.

Unless of course Bienemy didn't want to go to the gong show know as the Houston Texans.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
As a Lions fan, I really like this trade. Essentially it's a 1st+3rd+ extra 1st to take on Goff's contract and Goff is only 26 so he could bounce back or be flipped to another team if they choose.
It's weird to see the Lions making competent moves even if Stafford forced their hand.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think it's a great trade for the Rams, not withstanding all the picks going the other way. They really needed a competent QB to move the dial to complement what is already arguably the best defence in the league. Goff was just too slow and immobile and prone to making really bad decisions. They won a lot of games in spite of him.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I hope we get an excellent game today. This is one of the more compelling storylines we have had in a Super Bowl in some time.

I've hated Brady as a Patriot for basically my whole life. I'm a Raiders fan, and one of my youngest memories of football is the "tuck rule" game.

That being said, I have to respect Brady. I feel lucky to have grown up watching the greatest to ever do it. I wouldn't mind seeing him win one more time.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not huge on the NFL (or gridiron football in general) but rooting for Brady here. As a fan of Rodgers he was my first choice but would like to see Brady do it another time to (edit: I should say further) cement his legacy. Maholmes will have plenty of time for more Super Bowl wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Brady took out the Packers so I’m pulling for the Chiefs. Hope it’s a good game either way.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Being a huge Brady fan has been like Bizarro World compared to being a huge Oilers fan.

As much joy as watching Tom has brought me is how much pain the Oilers have brought me. It’s actually f***ed that I’m seeing him play in his TENTH Super Bowl. Wild!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad