NFL: NFC Playoff Picture

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I kind of want the Packers to win to set up a rematch. Let's see how good Wilson is when he has to go play a playoff game in one of the toughest home field advantages come January.

Vikings/Redskins would be intriguing as well. I can see that being a good game, especially since Washington is good at home.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's going to be a messed up Sunday night game if Seattle loses in Arizona. Winner gets Seattle, loser gets Washington. Yeah, winner gets home field but still...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It's going to be a messed up Sunday night game if Seattle loses in Arizona. Winner gets Seattle, loser gets Washington. Yeah, winner gets home field but still...

I dont understand this belief that washington is nothing special. Kirk Cousins has the best completion percentage in the nfl, kirk cousins has as many touchdowns rushing and throwing as aaron Rodgers and he has 16 tds to 2 interceptions last six games, combine that with Jordan reed and the skins being almost unbeatable at home. Sure they arent a superstar team but youll be hard to find a better qb then Kirk Cousins right now

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Because they've beaten nobody and rode a terrible division to mediocrity. Anyone with a brain knows that Dallas wins that division laughing if they managed to stay healthy.

Seriously, the whole "well they didn't beat anybody!!" thing gets thrown around with a team like Carolina and somehow a team like Washington who benefited more from it are ignored. Not to mention they sucked total ass on the road. Being at least a decent road team is kind of required to be taken seriously.

Redskins wins: Saints, Bucs, Giants, Bears, Rams, Eagles x2, Bills

Carolina can at least say they have wins over potentially 4 playoff teams (Green Bay, Seattle, Washington, and Houston)

They aren't terrible, but they certainly aren't worth the praise either.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Washington played three good teams th year. They lost all three by double digits.

What good teams have green bay beaten? I see only one win this year againt over .500 teams

So not sure how we can talk about one team when green bay is literally in the same boat

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like how the NFL playoffs basically becomes a college football discussion. Of all the good teams, no one played anybody. Can't be because the good teams beat all the bad ones.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
What good teams have green bay beaten? I see only one win this year againt over .500 teams

So not sure how we can talk about one team when green bay is literally in the same boat

Pretty sure Seattle and Minnesota and the Chiefs are all in the playoffs. Try again.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I like how the NFL playoffs basically becomes a college football discussion. Of all the good teams, no one played anybody. Can't be because the good teams beat all the bad ones.

I tend to agree.

But to me, the playoffs are all about how you are playing at the moment. Teams getting hot at the right time are scary. I'm more interested in how you are playing in December than who you beat in October.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I dont understand this belief that washington is nothing special. Kirk Cousins has the best completion percentage in the nfl, kirk cousins has as many touchdowns rushing and throwing as aaron Rodgers and he has 16 tds to 2 interceptions last six games, combine that with Jordan reed and the skins being almost unbeatable at home. Sure they arent a superstar team but youll be hard to find a better qb then Kirk Cousins right now

I'm not saying Washington can't surprise (although I think that's unlikely), but the alternative is a team that has been to 2 straight Super Bowls and has been fantastic in the second half of the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I tend to agree.

But to me, the playoffs are all about how you are playing at the moment. Teams getting hot at the right time are scary. I'm more interested in how you are playing in December than who you beat in October.

There's good examples almost any way you want to look at it. The Saints won the Super Bowl after losing their last 3 games, and giving starters 2 weeks off. The Steelers won a Super Bowl getting hot late (twice, really). The Giants won two because the match-ups worked out. And the Patriots won a bunch because they just knew how to win.

Best In The Game

Nov 13, 2013
ottawa

So not sure how we can talk about one team when green bay is literally in the same boat[/QUOT

Green Bay has beaten Seattle, Minnesota, KC, and Oakland. All of which are good teams. Pay attention.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Official scenarios:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611900/article/2015-playoff-scenarios-for-week-17

CAROLINA PANTHERS (vs. Tampa Bay)

Carolina clinches home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with:

1. CAR win or tie OR

2. ARI loss or tie

ARIZONA CARDINALS (vs. Seattle)

Arizona clinches home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with:

1. ARI win + CAR loss

GREEN BAY PACKERS (vs. Minnesota, Sunday night)

Green Bay clinches NFC North division with:

1. GB win or tie

MINNESOTA VIKINGS (at Green Bay, Sunday night)

Minnesota clinches NFC North division with:

1. MIN win

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

So not sure how we can talk about one team when green bay is literally in the same boat[/QUOT

Green Bay has beaten Seattle, Minnesota, KC, and Oakland. All of which are good teams. Pay attention.

Of those wins:

Seattle - when they were playing terrible, coming off a loss to St. Louis. And Packers got the luck of the calls, like the end of the half when Seattle jumped offside and the Packers line jumped. Should have been a dead play, but the refs give the Packers a free play that leads to like a 40 yard PI on Sherman.

KC - when they were terrible in the middle of a 5 game losing streak

Oakland - I guess you want to count a team that at best finishes 500, but more than likely is 7-9 as a good win? Kind of seems like a stretch.

Lets look at the Packers vs real teams:

Denver - loss 29-10 with a terrible Manning
Carolina - 37-29
Arizona - 38-8

Let's not forget losing to a 1 win Lions team in Green Bay and to the Bears in Green Bay. This is probably the worse Packer team of the Rodgers era.

I know you hate stats, but just look at these top Packer rushers:
Week 1 - Chicago - Lacy 85 yards
Week 2 - Seattle - Starks 95 yards
Week 3- Chiefs - Lacy 46 yards
Week 4- San Fran - Lacy 90 yards
Week 5 - Rams - Rodgers 39 yards
Week 8 - Denver - Lacy 38 yards
Week 9 - Panthers - Starks 39 yards
Week 10 - Lions - Starsk 42 yards
Week 13 - Lions - Rodgers 27 yards
Week 15 - Raiders - Starks - 50 yards
Week 16 - Cards - Lacy 60 yards

Packers were held to their top rusher rushing for less than 100 yards in 11 of 15 games. Packers top rusher had less than 50 yards in 7 of 15 games. They need to run the ball to win in the playoffs. This team can't do it. The Cards game is exactly how the second round of the playoff game will go if Rodgers can escape yet another 1 and done playoff.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Not entirely true.

Arizona has wins over the Packers, Bengals, Vikings and Seahawks

Carolina has wins over the Packers, Texans, Seahawks and Redskins

The good teams are the ones that actually beat the good teams on their schedule. The Redskins, Vikings and Seahawks to an extent have lost almost every game they played against good teams. The bad teams are the one that beat up on other bad teams (hello, Redskins)

Best In The Game

Nov 13, 2013
ottawa
Of those wins:

Seattle - when they were playing terrible, coming off a loss to St. Louis. And Packers got the luck of the calls, like the end of the half when Seattle jumped offside and the Packers line jumped. Should have been a dead play, but the refs give the Packers a free play that leads to like a 40 yard PI on Sherman.

KC - when they were terrible in the middle of a 5 game losing streak

Oakland - I guess you want to count a team that at best finishes 500, but more than likely is 7-9 as a good win? Kind of seems like a stretch.

Lets look at the Packers vs real teams:

Denver - loss 29-10 with a terrible Manning
Carolina - 37-29
Arizona - 38-8

Let's not forget losing to a 1 win Lions team in Green Bay and to the Bears in Green Bay. This is probably the worse Packer team of the Rodgers era.

I know you hate stats, but just look at these top Packer rushers:
Week 1 - Chicago - Lacy 85 yards
Week 2 - Seattle - Starks 95 yards
Week 3- Chiefs - Lacy 46 yards
Week 4- San Fran - Lacy 90 yards
Week 5 - Rams - Rodgers 39 yards
Week 8 - Denver - Lacy 38 yards
Week 9 - Panthers - Starks 39 yards
Week 10 - Lions - Starsk 42 yards
Week 13 - Lions - Rodgers 27 yards
Week 15 - Raiders - Starks - 50 yards
Week 16 - Cards - Lacy 60 yards

Packers were held to their top rusher rushing for less than 100 yards in 11 of 15 games. Packers top rusher had less than 50 yards in 7 of 15 games. They need to run the ball to win in the playoffs. This team can't do it. The Cards game is exactly how the second round of the playoff game will go if Rodgers can escape yet another 1 and done playoff.

I agree they need to run the ball because their passing game has been absolute trash. However, my point was the defense has had a decent, season 10th in passing yards, and 6th in points overall. To try to discredit that because their opponents were slumping is a very ****ing stupid argument. I could say the Denver and Carolina games was because GB was slumping.

Best In The Game

Nov 13, 2013
ottawa
Not entirely true.

Arizona has wins over the Packers, Bengals, Vikings and Seahawks

Carolina has wins over the Packers, Texans, Seahawks and Redskins

The good teams are the ones that actually beat the good teams on their schedule. The Redskins, Vikings and Seahawks to an extent have lost almost every game they played against good teams. The bad teams are the one that beat up on other bad teams (hello, Redskins)

I agree but apparently that win doesn't count if that good team was slumping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad