Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-6 (S)
Detroit Lions 3-6 (N)
Arizona Cardinals 2-7 (W)
New York Giants 2-7 (E)
San Francisco 49ers 2-8 (W)

Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Barring absolute collapses I think there are 3 locks with Rams, Saints and Panthers(Yes Carolina isn't that far ahead, but their remaining schedule is easy + the 2nd saints game might not mean anything in week 17).

Redskins are the favourite in the NFC east, but having the Eagles twice to play still makes me a bit uneasy locking them in.

Seahawks are my darkhorse 6 seed pick (though I think the nfc north 2nd place team takes this), especially if the Vikings lose either this week or next.) They get to play the 49ers twice and both tough games left are at home vs Minnesota and KC Week 16 (who might have the 1 seed locked up by the time that game kicks off) + arizona week 17

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Let's not discount the Bears, who have a H2H win over Seattle.
The rams have won their division. Saints still have work to do but are in excellent shape. At worst they are a WC team. Panthers seem in good shape as well.

East is up for grabs. Division winner may just be 9-7.

North, Bears and Vikings still need to play 2 times starting this weekend. If the Bears can split Minnesota they make the playoffs. If they get swept by minny they still have the rams at home. That would put them at 6-6. Final4 games are home to GB and on the road vs SF, NYG, and thanksgiving at Detroit.

Seattle needs to take care of AZ and SF which gets them to 8 wins. Need to steal a game vs Minny, KC, or Car. Just to get to 9-7. Need to get a 2nd tough win to get to 10-6.

Carolina can get to 10 wins if they split NO, win at home vs Atlanta and win on the road against 2/3 of Cleveland, TB, Detroit. Game against Seattle could be huge for tie breakers. Take care of them and that eliminates Seattle from Carolina’s sights.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
These are probably the six teams that will make it and I feel like there is such a wide margin between LA/New Orleans and Chicago/Washington. Washington, IMO, is the weakest of the four but will get in. Philadelphia has the Super Bowl hangover, injuries and whatnot going against them and I certainly don't trust Dallas.

That tie between Green Bay and Minnesota(which should have been a GB win) will end up costing the Packers a playoff spot. Rodgers gives them a chance and I'll keep them on the bubble with Seattle. Everyone else below those two are done.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Think the teams in it now are the 6 who will make it.
Minimum should be 10 wins for everyone not in the East.

Then you have the tie breakers. Seattle needs to beat Carolina otherwise even if they get to 10 wins they lose out to Chicago and Carolina. No tie breaker against Minnesota due to their tie with GB unless they get one as well.

The 4 win teams need lots of help.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I have a feeling Seattle is going to sneak its way in there and maybe more than sneak. 5 of their 6 remaining games are very winnable. Meanwhile the Vikings have @Patriots, @Seattle, @Bears. Panthers have Saints twice, Seahawks and a Falcons team that seems to have their number the last couple years. I won't count out the Falcons either, but they are such a weird team I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the table nor if they ended up 6-10.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Skins lose and Cowboys win, could get interesting. If Smith is out long term (looks like it), I don't see the Redskins winning the division. Might have an 8-8 NFC East winner lol.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not a good loss for Carolina but the NFC is pretty weak outside of the top 2-3 teams so they should be ok.

Getting destroyed by Pittsburgh and losing to a Detroit squad who lost their RB and had one viable WR doesn't inspire confidence.

They show flashes but are so inconsistent.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The problem with the Panthers is, their offense has gotten better with Norv but their defense is getting worse. And their final stretch, they have to face Wilson, Brees x2, Ryan and Bucs team that can put up some serious points. I wouldn't be shocked if they go 2-4 or 3-3 in the final six. They are lucky in that the Vikings final stretch is kind of brutal, but IMO if they end up 9-7 they're not going to get in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Skins lose and Cowboys win, could get interesting. If Smith is out long term (looks like it), I don't see the Redskins winning the division. Might have an 8-8 NFC East winner lol.

Yeah with Smith out, I don't see us pulling this thing out. The D would need to be lights out and AP would need to be a consistent dominant force.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Yeah with Smith out, I don't see us pulling this thing out. The D would need to be lights out and AP would need to be a consistent dominant force.

Skins are really banged up on the offensive line as well. You win in the trenches and if you don't have capable depth, it becomes problematic.

Their defense as a collective, minus the Atlanta and NO games, has been pretty solid.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Skins are really banged up on the offensive line as well. You win in the trenches and if you don't have capable depth, it becomes problematic.

Not to mention a lot of key play makers are out with injury. It's honestly just an Offense in shambles: a shell of its real self...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Missing your posts @Canada4Gold

There’s no playoff elimination scenarios yet this week, and only 1 clinching scenario that fell through. Should get into the full swing next week. I don’t see a ton of value in posting updated current playoff position, that can easily be found just about anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad